OneHallyu

20 something year olds are you scared of turning 30.

Hormones.

I'm 20 turning 21 so I have a long way to go but nah I think 30 would be a nice age to be at...but the only thing I'm scared is people dying around me....I hope they can stick around in my 30s.

I'm scared of turning 30 without having accomplished the things I wanted to in my twenties. I'm five years in with five years left and it's not going so well. This is not what they said the twenties would be like, this is not what I envisioned my twenties to look like, that's what scares me.

The only thing I'm scared of is dying before I finish my favorite book series. My favorite authors are writing as fast as they can though so rlytearpls.png

I'm such a short way away from 30 XD I thought I would feel older or have different hobbies by now. But nope. I only have more focus on the things I actually like and less time for BSlovestruck.png

I'm scared of turning 30 without having accomplished the things I wanted to in my twenties. I'm five years in with five years left and it's not going so well. This is not what they said the twenties would be like, this is not what I envisioned my twenties to look like, that's what scares me.

allll of this 

No, I'm actually looking forward to my 30s. I think I'll be much more mature and accepting of myself by that time. Being in my mid 20s, I don't feel that nuch different than I was during my teenage years, except that I'm less moody and I've learned a lot from my mistakes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. Ten year ago, I would have said yes, not just because I was younger but even because of how society was.  

Now 30 is literally what 20 used to be. I think it's because of how there are SOOOO many millennials, since we are the biggest generation, and everyone's aging. It used to be that you needed to get your sh!t together in your twenties, get married and start a family already, etc. You're supposed to be "settled". But that's not even the norm anymore. 

Now that I'm in my twenties, less than 1/3 of people I know are married, even less than that with kids. Even the people I know or meet in their thirties less than 1/2 are married. 

I say this as someone who is in the US, and I know I'm lucky for that and getting to live in this society with this kind of view towards aging, especially as a female. People I know from other counties/cultures do not get the same freedom. By the time they reach thirty, and if they're not married people question if something's wrong with them, or they're considered "old and undesirable" sadly.

I'm not scared of getting older but, rather, as someone else said above, of not having accomplished what I wanted. I'm 24 and have yet to do anything I wanted to do in my 20s. This isn't how I wanted it to be. I very much want to get my own place but can't even get a stable job and have absolutely no social life whatsoever. I don't want to turn 30 and look back at my twenties and go "Well, that was a flop" but that's exactly how I'm currently feeling - like a failed 24 year old. Sure, I have my degree, which was one of my goals in the first place...but other than that, nothing. No job, no partner, no friends. I just feel like time is flying and I'm still stuck in the first place. 

So, no, turning 30 doesn't scare me. I'm just afraid of getting to that age and realizing I've done nothing with my life. 

I'm terrified by turning 30. I'm only 20 but ever since turning 18 years old, I became really afraid of aging. I remember crying on my 18th birthday because i felt old... Now it's becoming better because I have exciting plans for my 20's but once I turn 30 years old.. I don't know what I'll do

Archived