Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venus in converse ~

I'm a Non-Muslim and I Wear Hijab

Isn't it only a 'hijab' if you're actually muslim? so she's basically just wearing a scarf

(i didn't actually watch the video)

soo .. she's wearing a scarf.

yeah nah I don't think that's how it works sister

could be wrong though

EDIT alright I'm watching it and it's for the same reasons as Islam

That's cool

I thought nuns cover their heads and didn't non Muslim Russian use to wear scarf?

Isn't it only a 'hijab' if you're actually muslim? so she's basically just wearing a scarf

(i didn't actually watch the video)

I think it depends,

Hijab is the Arabic term for "cover" (noun), based on the root ¨ meaning "to veil, to cover (verb), to screen, to shelter".

But as you know nowadays the word hijab mostly only used by Muslim (as far as people concern) even if they're not Arabic speaker. Unlike Bible that translated to many language, Quran should be presented in Arabic, and Muslim always retain the Arabic term.

But I agree that they don't wear Hijab in the same sense as Muslim because Muslim wear Hijab to cover their awrah.

This reminds me of Malaysia government who ban non Muslim to use the word Allah, when it's the word for God in Arabic

Even without abrahamic religion, women were forced to cover their heads before, to show that they were "worthy" to be "respected" by men (i.e that they were a "property" of another man, her father and clan or her husband, and that's why she must hide herself), at least in Mesopotamia and Europe. Thankfully, it slowly disappeared in Europe, apart maybe muslim places like Chechnya and Dagestan when there's still a lot of cultural pressure for that. Not really different from the reason in religion. So that's not surprising that a hardcore christian decided to wear a headscarf, nuns still do the same

I think it's normal and cool too

Mother of Jesus peace be upon him, wore one as well.

In all of the artisitic depictions of her she was covering her head so it's ot only exclusive to Muslim women