Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Why are transgenders allowed to play in women's sports?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#41 Riserise

Riserise

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

There's a discussion to be had about this issue but already people are using this thread as an excuse to be transphobic. 

Exactly.

#42 ChimKookie

ChimKookie

~☾ 별하랑 ★~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

i don't  care what you think about me, but this is not fair =| 

OT: also no women with dicks in female change rooms or toilets pls

no it's not? As a woman I want to feel safe and don't encounter with men (biological men lol) in such places or see them naked (in case of change rooms). Idk why females with dicks should feel comfortable or feel more "woman" at our expense.

Call me transphobic idc, men are dangerous and a person with a dick won't convince me that they ok bc they "feel" woman. 

I just want to stay safe or at least feel safe, that's all *shrugs*

=====

We supposed to left out people who use doppings, steroids or strengthening-the-work-of-the-heart-pills, right? Bc it's not fair. Compete with pretty much male body is not fair too. Otherwise we should erase this sex separation in sports. All compete with all.

if it's a very open shared space with cabins and all that then it's ok, but then why separate toilets or change rooms to male-females in the first place? Is it ok for man to go to female toilet if he looks like woman? Bc you won't ask him about genitals. Why we need to separate female and male restrooms? Or we don't need it anymore? 

And you don't want to share bathroom with people who look like men or you don't mind? 

I always had a feeling you were trash before this but Jesus fucking christ you're a disgusting piece of shit and I hope you get banned

youre fucked up, there's a difference between having an opinion on transgender in sport than talking about something like this which is so misinformed and ignorant 

I fucking love you so much have I ever told you that before?

#43 SeoMania

SeoMania

I came to slay, bitch.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

This FTM trans boxer just beat a cis man. And Fallon Fox has lost to a cis woman before too... Not to mention those types of injuries are common in MMA. I really don't get what the point of this thread is.

Reducing the capabilities of athletes to their sex is dumb. Why have there been so many trans related topics on OH recently? Y'all should just come out and say outright you don't like trans people and want them to disappear instead of beating around the bush like this.

#44 lilsone

lilsone

Idol

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

If you have problem with cheating then youll have problem with that, its not about being being transfobic, its the reason why hormone based steroids are forbidden. If you dont have problem with someone who's had the advantage of 20+ years of natural testosterone molding their body a certain way beating a woman that had no such advantages then youre a misogynist. Just look at the way that other woman is build, like no other woman in her division, and the athlete she fought has even said she had the grip strength no other woman she has spared or fought before has, those are the advantages of going tru puberty as a biological male.

Only trans people who have transitioned before puberty should be allowed to compete with cis women, otherwise it's just cruel, especially in contact sports, and this is really near and dear to my heart since i have competed in contact sports, it has nothing to do with irrational feat but with a pretty rational one

I kinda agree with you but "transitioned before puberty" I dont think its allowed...? is it?? for such a young age, people will say no you are too young to know that!

There is a "reason" (if thats the right word, idk) why trans woman look like that and kind easy to tell apart. As for them to compete with cis woman, in the ideal world it will be nice if people wont make a big deal out of it..... BUT in real world its hard, cuz just as Queen of Hearts said its biology, blame nature!!!!   

https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

There's a discussion to be had about this issue but already people are using this thread as an excuse to be transphobic. 

oh no come on why transphobic!? well yea some are...... but why so sensitive, why cant we talk about transgender (and homosexuality) without being called for it! Thats why trans people dont have a league of their own because we CANT talk it about like civilized people, we cant unless we being rude and insensitive to each other!!??         

no it's not? As a woman I want to feel safe and don't encounter with men (biological men lol) in such places or see them naked (in case of change rooms). Idk why females with dicks should feel comfortable or feel more "woman" at our expense.

Call me transphobic idc, men are dangerous and a person with a dick won't convince me that they ok bc they "feel" woman. 

I just want to stay safe or at least feel safe, that's all *shrugs*

=====

We supposed to left out people who use doppings, steroids or strengthening-the-work-of-the-heart-pills, right? Bc it's not fair. Compete with pretty much male body is not fair too. Otherwise we should erase this sex separation in sports. All compete with all.

safe??? yea I dont think you understand what trans woman mean!? Im sorry for saying thats nonsense and rude to trans woman!!

"Otherwise we should erase this sex separation in sports. All compete with all." I really like that... but sadly that never gonna happen!

#45 Mark Lee

Mark Lee

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

I support this, I'm an sjw btw.

#46 xingyi

xingyi

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

Yup, when you've been on hormones for a long time your body is basically the same as the gender you are identifying as

No, look at the people in the pics and tell me how the fuck they look like women around them at all

#47 venus in converse ~

venus in converse ~

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:57 PM (Edited by venus in converse ~, 19 December 2018 - 06:07 PM.)

I think participating in professional sport is something that a transgender individual should sacrifice or they should just participate in sport according to their traditional gender. Moreover for MtF transgender people because they're in a lose-lose situation, when they win against cis women their win will always be questioned.
Female/Male classification in sport is based on sex and not gender, if we agree sex is different from gender.

#48 vincent!

vincent!

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Mtfs still have the body structure of a male. It is definitely not fair to cis-females. I think transgender people should have their own league.

#49 sure

sure

Idol

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

why everyone saying that trans athletes should be allowed to compete with cis gender people getting negged?

is it because people think they're wrong or people hate "sjw"?

#50 Pinkika

Pinkika

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Hannah Mouncey has been trying to get into the women's AFL. Not only does Hannah have the bone structure, speed etc. of a man, doesn't even take hormones. Pretty much just has long hair and wears dresses and calls herself a woman. Not only that, but AFL is a fast paced contact sport and pretty dangerous. I'd really hate to be Hannah's opponent. I'm not saying this is the case but the timing of Hannah's transitioning is really suspicious, like as soon as the AFL introduces a women's league. It is possible that Hannah just couldn't get into the men's league so started calling himself a women to try and get into the women's league. Again not saying it is the case but is a theory.

But anyways, no i don't think trans men should be aloud to play in women's sport. Biological men and biological women are different and biological men have an unfair advantage.

#51 Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

This FTM trans boxer just beat a cis man. And Fallon Fox has lost to a cis woman before too... Not to mention those types of injuries are common in MMA. I really don't get what the point of this thread is.

Reducing the capabilities of athletes to their sex is dumb. Why have there been so many trans related topics on OH recently? Y'all should just come out and say outright you don't like trans people and want them to disappear instead of beating around the bush like this.

That's an isolated example. Put Brock Lesnar or Jon Jones in a women's MMA match and it would take 5 of them to stand a chance

#52 admiralfarizi

admiralfarizi

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:26 PM (Edited by admiralfarizi, 19 December 2018 - 11:29 PM.)

hmmm.

imo this wouldn't be a problem if there's a transmen who can compete and won in men's category sport.

...but is there any? anyone?

#53 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:08 AM

One of the main reasons seems to be because various research on trans issues has been slow or completely stopped in previous years due to pressure from individuals both outside and inside the community. As a result, many people, even professionals, still don't know a lot about all of the nuances involved. An endocrinologist may determine that someone is "female" based on hormone distribution but disregard a complete physiological view, which would include something like differences in skeletal frame and mass or differences in grey and white matter between sexes.

Also, a lot of the research on trans was presented from the school of Psychology and unfortunately, most people in the field are aware of the long history that Psych has had with subjectiveness and forced, hurried, or missed diagnosis. All of this has led to a lack of knowledge which has led to a mess of assumptions and misinformation, it's why you see the general population doing everything from conflating and confusing intersex with trans to professionals mixing up biological and psychological specificities (even some of the ppl on OH who treat science like a dogma one minute turn around and propagate pseudoscience the next). 

This is the same kind of conversations that we've had concerning age and sports, disability and sports, prosthetics and sports,ethnicity and sports, diet and sports, stature and sports, and so on but for some reasons, trans is off-limits? People would rather someone get physically harmed than have to participate in an actual discussion and revisit certain decisions that have been made; the conversation often dies before any information is shared. 

#54 Mingming 'Beto' Carlson

Mingming 'Beto' Carlson

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:30 AM (Edited by Mingming 'Beto' Carlson, 20 December 2018 - 02:31 AM.)

I swear some of you guys are so afraid of going with the answer supported by common sense and science which is that it'd be an unfair advantage for the biological male to compete in these physical heavy spots along with biological women. I can't even believe that I used the "biological" term for this and I've never done it before.

Also whenever trans-related discussions come up, I notice some people are suddenly acting like they're walking on eggshells and any slightly adverse opinions are transphobic and that it reinforces and somehow aids in enforcing "oppression" on trans people.  

Guys. Pls. On certain gay hookup apps there are transwomen who post these explicit bombshell profile photos and will only settle for 8-10 inch penises. Nothing less. Let that sink in.  Wow I sure could use some more convincing that all trans individuals are fragile sensitive oppressed beings and issues concerning them are too taboo to talk about.

#55 ℓυѕ¢ι

ℓυѕ¢ι

+t̶h̶e̶.̶d̶a̶r̶k̶.̶h̶e̶r̶o̶×+

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:26 AM (Edited by ℓυѕ¢ι, 20 December 2018 - 08:28 AM.)

Nsfw, on 19 Dec 2018 - 8:17 PM, said:

anyway why are yall so obsessed with trans people on this forum... i see a thread like this everyday which can start an actual good discussion but none of you can handle yourselves and use it to go after trans people

Litteraly my though!!!

Some of yall are so obsessed or wtf, let the poeple live !!

#56 good:۞:good

good:۞:good

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

only pre puberty trans ppl can compete in their chosen gender category at sports. nobody can change my mind

#57 pandabear

pandabear

Idol

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

first of all, transgenders isn't a real word

Yes it is. It's the plural form.

#58 ✹ BBIBBI ✹

✹ BBIBBI ✹

𝖏𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖍𝖍

• PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:59 PM (Edited by ✹ BBIBBI ✹, 20 December 2018 - 02:59 PM.)

Yes it is. It's the plural form.

It's not a word, in fact the LGBTQ community consider it derogatory. Transgenders” implies a noun, where the word “transgender” is an adjective. It’s incorrect in the same way referring to black people as “blacks” is. It’s grammatically weird and dehumanising."

#59 TheBigMermaid

TheBigMermaid

Idol

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Also whenever trans-related discussions come up, I notice some people are suddenly acting like they're walking on eggshells and any slightly adverse opinions are transphobic and that it reinforces and somehow aids in enforcing "oppression" on trans people.  

And they come up a whole lot. Often brought up by people who are not that fond of transgender people at all (or who just post topics to complain about SJWs). 

There's a lot of transphobia, so it's not surprise that people are aware that it's a sensitive topic and become cautious when speaking about it. Considering how many trans gender people get attacked or even murdered, it's disingenuous to act as if it's weird that it's a sensitive topic. 

#60 Mingming 'Beto' Carlson

Mingming 'Beto' Carlson

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

And they come up a whole lot. Often brought up by people who are not that fond of transgender people at all (or who just post topics to complain about SJWs). 

There's a lot of transphobia, so it's not surprise that people are aware that it's a sensitive topic and become cautious when speaking about it. Considering how many trans gender people get attacked or even murdered, it's disingenuous to act as if it's weird that it's a sensitive topic. 

But no one on this forum has ever advocated for murdering or attacking trans people and if they have I imagine they'd be shut down by the mods in a heartbeat.

Pondering and discussing trans-related topics like whether it'd be perfectly fine for female-identifying males to go into female restrooms, if it's transphobic to not be attracted to trans-individuals, or if males who despite having taken hormonal therapy still have some extra up! against females in some competitive sports...……… people should be able to have these discussions without fear of being branded transphobic just because they have opinions not so in favor of trans individuals. These topics are a far far cry from straight up irrational hatred and denouncing of trans people. Very very different.

Even if you think these people who start these topics are just using "free speech" to mask their true intentions, then feel free to disagree and state why. Prove why they're wrong. 

Up, Up and Away!