Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Why are transgenders allowed to play in women's sports?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#21 chiirbii

chiirbii

you'e doing amazing, sweetie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:31 PM

Before his transition to female in May 2016, Mousey played for the Australian men's handball team.

imstupid.png

There's a discussion to be had about this issue but already people are using this thread as an excuse to be transphobic. 

#22 Lil Ayy Big Gay

Lil Ayy Big Gay

♡ TRUST IN T-ARA ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

I dont think there's a real simple answer because it's not like they can have their own league due the lack of transgenders in sports in the first place.

I hate to say maybe they shouldn't compete at all, but I don't know.

I get why transgenders don't want to compete in leagues of their biological gender cause it could very well trigger their disphoria, I get why they shouldn't because male bodies biologically tend to be stronger than females body.

It's a win-lose situation. Someone's feeling are gonna get hurt. 

#23 Ludark

Ludark

Always working for a better tommorow

• PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

because she IS a woman and she identifies as one, perhaps ??

The science involving allowing one to transition to another gender is currently rather imperfect, so whilst we are able to transition people into the gender they identify as for most purposes, exceptions need to be made and professional sports are a prime example of this.

#24 daicakes

daicakes

♡ ggroup trash ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:46 PM (Edited by daicakes, 19 December 2018 - 01:46 PM.)

OT: also no women with dicks in female change rooms or toilets pls

?? dude this is fucked up.

The science involving allowing one to transition to another gender is currently rather imperfect, so whilst we are able to transition people into the gender they identify as for most purposes, exceptions need to be made and professional sports are a prime example of this.

so we're supposed to leave trans people out ? they can't have a league of their own.,, 

#25 chiirbii

chiirbii

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

i don't  care what you think about me, but this is not fair =| 

OT: also no women with dicks in female change rooms or toilets pls

Do you ask everyone in a bathroom about their genitals` before you pee in a public restroom?

#26 Egoísta

Egoísta

Cogito ergo sum

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

so we're supposed to leave trans people out ? they can't have a league of their own.,,

The only other solution would be to have them participate in sports leagues of their original gender sadly
It’s not fair to the women to compete with someone who was originally a man the strength difference stays even with hormone replacement

#27 Goℓdfinch

Goℓdfinch

Cℓownfinch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:53 PM (Edited by Goℓdfinch, 19 December 2018 - 01:55 PM.)

?? dude this is fucked up.

so we're supposed to left out trans people from sports? they can't have a league of their own.,, 

no it's not? As a woman I want to feel safe and don't encounter with men (biological men lol) in such places or see them naked (in case of change rooms). Idk why females with dicks should feel comfortable or feel more "woman" at our expense.

Call me transphobic idc, men are dangerous and a person with a dick won't convince me that they ok bc they "feel" woman. 

I just want to stay safe or at least feel safe, that's all *shrugs*

=====

We supposed to left out people who use doppings, steroids or strengthening-the-work-of-the-heart-pills, right? Bc it's not fair. Compete with pretty much male body is not fair too. Otherwise we should erase this sex separation in sports. All compete with all.

#28 daicakes

daicakes

♡ ggroup trash ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

no it's not? As a woman I want to feel safe and don't encounter with men (biological men lol) in such places or see them naked (in case of change rooms). Idk why females with dicks should feel comfortable or feel more "woman" at our expense.

Call me transphobic idc, men are dangerous and a person with a dick won't convince me that they ok bc they "feel" woman. 

I just want to stay safe or at least feel safe, that's all *shrugs*

=====

We supposed to left out people who use doppings, steroids or strengthening-the-work-of-the-heart-pills, right? Bc it's not fair. Compete with pretty much male body is not fair too. Otherwise we should erase this sex separation in sports. All compete with all.

why would a trans WOMAN attack you in a public bathroom? do you think they feel safe using the men's room? they're scared to go to bathrooms because they are trans.,, they're also womans, yk. srsly dude, think more about it

#29 Goℓdfinch

Goℓdfinch

Cℓownfinch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:58 PM (Edited by Goℓdfinch, 19 December 2018 - 02:00 PM.)

Do you ask everyone in a bathroom about their genitals` before you pee in a public restroom?

if it's a very open shared space with cabins and all that then it's ok, but then why separate toilets or change rooms to male-females in the first place? Is it ok for man to go to female toilet if he looks like woman? Bc you won't ask him about genitals. Why we need to separate female and male restrooms? Or we don't need it anymore? 

And you don't want to share bathroom with people who look like men or you don't mind? 

#30 Nsfw

Nsfw

These Diamonds Last Forever

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Well it doesn't happen straight away, in most places they can only compete after like 2 years of transitioning, and by that time most of the muscular benefits of a male are reduced a lot

Yup, when you've been on hormones for a long time your body is basically the same as the gender you are identifying as

#31 Ludark

Ludark

Always working for a better tommorow

• PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:01 PM (Edited by Ludark, 19 December 2018 - 02:02 PM.)

I am fine with transgender people having a league of their own, if that's a viable option of course.

I am also fine with transgender people playing non contact sports at a non-professional(or amateur) level as the gender they identify as.

My suggestions are imperfect of course but sadly we live in an imperfect world and the playing field needs to be kept fair, all we can hope for is that science will eventually get far enough that we can end such exclusionary practices, but I do feel the need to stress that especially with sports at professional level we are talking about the 1% of the 1% in regards to transgender people.

#32 Nsfw

Nsfw

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:02 PM (Edited by Nsfw, 19 December 2018 - 02:11 PM.)

youre fucked up, there's a difference between having an opinion on transgender in sport than talking about something like this which is so misinformed and ignorant 

#33 Goℓdfinch

Goℓdfinch

Cℓownfinch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:04 PM (Edited by Goℓdfinch, 19 December 2018 - 02:08 PM.)

why would a trans WOMAN attack you in a public bathroom? do you think they feel safe using the men's room? they're scared to go to bathrooms because they are trans.,, they're also womans, yk. srsly dude, think more about it

And how do I know she is actual woman??? just bc she looks like one or claims to be one?

Yes it's hard for them, it's sad, but sorry, I'll think about born-women first.

And again, in space with cabins/separate rooms it's ok for me, and overall if a person looks like woman I would assume they are woman, so I won't be triggered anyway, right? I agree on that. But it just means anybody can dress/look/act like woman and use female-only space. If I shouldn't be worried about this, then why we need separated bathrooms, change rooms, ect.? I actually think we don't need it if everyone has personal cabin/room. 

Anyway, all I want is just dick free space, especially if it is a place where you are naked in front of others in the room. 

youre fucked up, there's a difference between having an opinion on transgender is sport than talking about something like this which is so misinformed and ignorant 

as I said, I don't care 

#34 chiirbii

chiirbii

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

if it's a very open shared space with cabins and all that then it's ok, but then why separate toilets or change rooms to male-females in the first place? Is it ok for man to go to female toilet if he looks like woman? Bc you won't ask him about genitals. Why we need to separate female and male restrooms? Or we don't need it anymore? 

And you don't want to share bathroom with people who look like men or you don't mind? 

I'm all for unisex bathrooms and I've used them in the past, but that's besides the point.

I can see where you're going with this and the whole predatory man dressing up as a woman in order to access bathrooms/change rooms is such a stretch. It's not a thing that happens on a wide scale. But if you're going by that logic, then should lesbians not be allowed in women's change rooms? 

It's just such a bizarre concept to be obsessed with a strangers genitals like you are. 

#35 Lil Ayy Big Gay

Lil Ayy Big Gay

♡ TRUST IN T-ARA ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

The cunts on this forum literally cannot talk about trans people without being degrading

#36 asdfjhl

asdfjhl

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

And how do I know she is actual woman??? just bc she looks like one or claims to be one?

Yes it's hard for them, it's sad, but sorry, I'll think about born-women first.

And again, in space with cabins/separate rooms it's ok for me, and overall if a person looks like woman I would assume they are woman, so I won't be triggered anyway, right? I agree on that. But it just means anybody can dress/look/act like woman and use female-only space. If I shouldn't be worried about this, then why we need separated bathrooms, change rooms, ect.? I actually think we don't need it if everyone has personal cabin/room. 

Anyway, all I want is just dick free space, especially if it is a place where you are naked in front of others in the room. 

as I said, I don't care 

you really do sound like a clown right now.. clownfinch suits you perfectly 

#37 daicakes

daicakes

♡ ggroup trash ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:15 PM

The cunts on this forum literally cannot talk about trans people without being degrading

#38 Goℓdfinch

Goℓdfinch

Cℓownfinch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:15 PM (Edited by Goℓdfinch, 19 December 2018 - 02:19 PM.)

Spoiler

#39 Nsfw

Nsfw

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

anyway why are yall so obsessed with trans people on this forum... i see a thread like this everyday which can start an actual good discussion but none of you can handle yourselves and use it to go after trans people 

#40 anxiety

anxiety

|ANTI|

• PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

I dont think there's a real simple answer because it's not like they can have their own league due the lack of transgenders in sports in the first place.

I hate to say maybe they shouldn't compete at all, but I don't know.

I get why transgenders don't want to compete in leagues of their biological gender cause it could very well trigger their disphoria, I get why they shouldn't because male bodies biologically tend to be stronger than females body.

It's a win-lose situation. Someone's feeling are gonna get hurt. 

I accidentally negged you sorry

Up, Up and Away!