Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Why are transgenders allowed to play in women's sports?

60 replies to this topic

#1 azure

azure

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:26 PM

...Standing at six-foot-two and weighing-in at 220 pounds, male-to-female transgender handballer Hannah Mouncey is dominating at the women's Asian Championships in Japan.
Before his transition to female in May 2016, Mousey played for the Australian men's handball team.
u7cLvpu.jpg

...Canadian cyclist Rachel McKinnon is calling out “transphobic bigots” on Twitter after she reportedly became the first trans woman to ever win gold at the UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Los Angeles.
h559TBy.jpg

...Concerns over trans-inclusion in female sports is not just about fairness, it's about safety too. After just 3 mins, male-born Trans cage fighter Fallon Fox left opponent Tammika Brents with a broken orbital bone & needing 7 staples in her head. Watch here 
DuYZRwPW4AA3WAF.jpg

#2 ✹ BBIBBI ✹

✹ BBIBBI ✹

𝖏𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖍𝖍

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

first of all, transgenders isn't a real word

#3 Alena's foot worshipper

Alena's foot worshipper

~☾ 별하랑 ★~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • LocationThe troublemaker nsfw has been reported Part of the small raiding happening from OneHallyu servers, going around to pick fights/hating on members in different servers... trying to get banned. Watch them if they join your server.

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:34 PM

Well it doesn't happen straight away, in most places they can only compete after like 2 years of transitioning, and by that time most of the muscular benefits of a male are reduced a lot

#4 TrueColors

TrueColors

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

Mtfs still have the body structure of a male. It is definitely not fair to cis-females. I think transgender people should have their own league.

#5 Needles

Needles

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:40 PM (Edited by Needles, 19 December 2018 - 12:42 PM.)

I feel like it is unfair. Separating males and females in sports is not bigotry, it's about fairness in physical strength.

Male bodies are built differently than female bodies, no matter if they took hormones or not.

#6 Capxz

Capxz

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

because we live in a world where people think males and females are equal at everything. When in fact males are biologically stronger than females (not to say women are weak). Some people just refuse to accept that fact I guess. 

#7 으르렁

으르렁

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationJaehyun's Bed

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

idk what to think about this to be honest

#8 Affley

Affley

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • Location★·.·★ India ★·.·★ ɱųƖɬıʄąŋɖơɱ {𝒿𝒶𝑒𝒿𝑜𝑜𝓃𝑔✫𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒽𝑜}

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

I don't know what I can say about this, these two cases are indeed questionable esp the female athlete that had broken bone

#9 KANJI SEMPAI

KANJI SEMPAI

Debutee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

If you support gender equality and not transphobic then you won't have a problem with this whatsoever.

#10 atlkpopfan

atlkpopfan

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Because the world is overly pc and people are too afraid of being labeled something phobic so they bury their true opinions and feelings. 

How someone "feels" doesn't change their biological makeup. The reason there were male and female sports in the first place still exists.  

#11 Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationSeulgi's lap

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:50 PM (Edited by Queen of Hearts, 19 December 2018 - 01:02 PM.)

Well it doesn't happen straight away, in most places they can only compete after like 2 years of transitioning, and by that time most of the muscular benefits of a male are reduced a lot

Should i really have to explain what 20+ years of natural testosterone does for biological males bone and muscle structure? ''and by that time most of the muscular benefits of a male are reduced a lot'' that's bullshit and any credible practicing medic or biologist would testify, the 2 year waiting period only applies to TRT not naturally occurring testosterone. Also can you reverse bone and muscle development, i think not, just look at those women above how different their bone and muscle structure is from the cis women around them

I think trans people should be only allowed to compete with cis women if they have transitioned before puberty, period. And my trans cousin(ftm) agrees. 

#12 pumpernikiel

pumpernikiel

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Location❤ Loving SEOLO ❤

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

because we live in a world where people think males and females are equal at everything. When in fact males are biologically stronger than females (not to say women are weak). Some people just refuse to accept that fact I guess. 

Bravo! This, exactly.

f5bc02da6c4c36eae93d4a3cc1c59944.gif

#13 Kaitoh

Kaitoh

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

I wonder the same

#14 Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationSeulgi's lap

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

If you support gender equality and not transphobic then you won't have a problem with this whatsoever.

If you have problem with cheating then youll have problem with that, its not about being being transfobic, its the reason why hormone based steroids are forbidden. If you dont have problem with someone who's had the advantage of 20+ years of natural testosterone molding their body a certain way beating a woman that had no such advantages then youre a misogynist. Just look at the way that other woman is build, like no other woman in her division, and the athlete she fought has even said she had the grip strength no other woman she has spared or fought before has, those are the advantages of going tru puberty as a biological male.

Only trans people who have transitioned before puberty should be allowed to compete with cis women, otherwise it's just cruel, especially in contact sports, and this is really near and dear to my heart since i have competed in contact sports, it has nothing to do with irrational feat but with a pretty rational one

#15 YuMing

YuMing

:3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationOUI OUI MON AMI JE M'APPELLE LAFAYETTE

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

that is pretty questionable dflkgjdfklg since sports are gender segregated based on strength/body type

if their strength/body stays closer to the same.... idk but it seems unfair

#16 KANJI SEMPAI

KANJI SEMPAI

Debutee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

If you have problem with cheating then youll have problem with that, its not about being being transfobic, its the reason why hormone based steroids are forbidden. If you dont have problem with someone who's had the advantage of 20+ years of natural testosterone molding their body a certain way beating a woman that had no such advantages then youre a misogynist. Just look at the way that other woman is build, like no other woman in her division, and the athlete she fought has even said she had the grip strength no other woman she has spared or fought before has, those are the advantages of going tru puberty as a biological male.

Only trans people who have transitioned before puberty should be allowed to compete with cis women, otherwise it's just cruel, especially in contact sports, and this is really near and dear to my heart since i have competed in contact sports, it has nothing to do with irrational feat but with a pretty rational one

I was being sarcastic with my pc statement.

Mess at the negs.

#17 Pink✧Lemonade

Pink✧Lemonade

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • LocationWaiting for Woojin and Daewhi to be free so BNMB can debut

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

that is pretty questionable dflkgjdfklg since sports are gender segregated based on strength/body type

if their strength/body stays closer to the same.... idk but it seems unfair

#18 Egoísta

Egoísta

我爱你

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationCogito ergo sum

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

#19 MasterOfCider

MasterOfCider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

They shouldn't be allowed to compete in traditional sports leagues. Trans people can compete in their own leagues or in the leagues of their biological sex. It puts many people in danger or gives them unfair advantages. I don't care how non PC I sound. You can't argue with biology even with hormone injections.

#20 daicakes

daicakes

♡ ggroup trash ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

because she IS a woman and she identifies as one, perhaps ??

Up, Up and Away!