Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kstarnet

For those who is staying in France

Is the situation ok over there? Are you fine over there?

Because I heard that the 'Yellow Vest' protestors were wrecking havoc in Paris and maybe other cities as well

The Yellow vests have every right to protest. Even though the breakers are highly annoying, you get nowhere by just signing petitions and complaining without acting. It's honestly not that bad, I live i a big city but the only drawback is public transportation being blocked from time to time

It's just better to avoid walking around in Paris and other big cities during the week-ends with all the protestors and the police where things get really tense.

The situation has calmed down a little compared to other weeks.

I support them they have the right to protest as long as it stays pacific. The only thing that annoys me is that we can't really enjoy the beauty of Paris since everything is blocked...

The Yellow vests have every right to protest. Even though the breakers are highly annoying, you get nowhere by just signing petitions and complaining without acting. It's honestly not that bad, I live i a big city but the only drawback is public transportation being blocked from time to time

I support them they have the right to protest as long as it stays pacific. The only thing that annoys me is that we can't really enjoy the beauty of Paris since everything is blocked...

Is it regarding the middle class are getting poorer?

For those who are not french/aware of what is happening exactly :

The Gilets jaunes only protest on Saturdays, so there's no problems on the other days of the week if you are staying during holidays in France. It's also not as violent as it was two weeks ago, which was the peak.

Last week many trouble makers were arrested so it's a lot calmer today.

The protests happen and are contained in certain specific areas now, so as long as you stay away from them, you can continue to enjoy your stay in Paris. Some really nice areas are Gilet-jaune free, like the 5th Arrondissement for example. Just look up the areas where the Gilets jaunes are gathering to avoid those.