Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaLisaMakesUSingLaaa

Italian issues

I need help with italian. i know my first option should be google translator but i only confuse myself with it. In school Italian is a mandatory class so i have no way out of it. Im aware of the grammar of it since for them rather than saying 'The black pen.' it's 'The pen black.' For some reason my teacher is giving me another assignment even though school ends this week for me. 

UGHHHHHHh i just wannnnnnaa dieeee fromm schoolll

Off topic:

LOL, I thought your talking about Alodia

0u0plz.png 

what are you confused with?

The language, like when my friends test me and speak italian to me, they have to spell it out. I can't hear the words and know straight away what they're saying. 

The language, like when my friends test me and speak italian to me, they have to spell it out. I can't hear the words and know straight away what they're saying. 

well then you would just need to familiarise with words and pronunciation as well as dialects

maybe watch movies in italian with english subtitles at first and perhaps start listening to italian music on spotify top 50 for italy

italian isn't that hard but italians do speak really fast so sometimes its hard to follow

try not to think so much about translating from italian to english in your head and just know the italian word and meaning

well then you would just need to familiarise with words and pronunciation as well as dialects

maybe watch movies in italian with english subtitles at first and perhaps start listening to italian music on spotify top 50 for italy

italian isn't that hard but italians do speak really fast so sometimes its hard to follow

try not to think so much about translating from italian to english in your head and just know the italian word and meaning

ok thanks for your advice on it!

i'm italian and i totally get that our language must be really hard (at least grammar wise) to learn for foregeiners when it often doesn't really make sense for us too lmao

yeah, try watching some italian shows maybe

lots of high school kids seem to like "braccialetti rossi", give it a try

If you need help with italian just pm me,

I'll be happy to help you!

Yeah italian can be rough and hard to know since is from latin. Is really too much different from english. Nothing in common (unlike spanish, french ecc).

I was thinking about what to suggest as shows that you could watch, but i honestly don't know what's out there for teens in actually italian, right now. e.e

the majority of series i do watch are in dialect (montalbano, la mossa del cavallo, la mafia uccide solo d'estate, l'amica geniale), so they aren't really good for you. 

oh, lots of people like "skam italia", but idk about the quality of the show cause i didn't watch it personally. same for "l'allieva", i haven't watched it but some of the kids i tutor do so and they really like it.

as for music. idk what's your genre and i mostly listen to the really old singers, so the best thing is really to go on spotify or itunes and look up the top 50 italian singers/songs (but if i can suggest anyone, i'd go with lucio battisti cause he was really clear while singing and the lyrics of his songs aren't too difficult to understand, even if mostly poetic). 

as for movies:

- notte prima degli esami (the first one not the second one)

- che ne sarà di noi

- come te nessuno mai

- l'ultimo bacio

- ricordati di me

- padri e figlie

- la finestra di fronte

- le fate ignoranti

- saturno contro

- mine vaganti

and there are others but these are enough for now, i guess. 

i'm italian and i totally get that our language must be really hard (at least grammar wise) to learn for foregeiners when it often doesn't really make sense for us too lmao

yeah, try watching some italian shows maybe

lots of high school kids seem to like "braccialetti rossi", give it a try

ok, thanks for your suggestion! 

I was thinking about what to suggest as shows that you could watch, but i honestly don't know what's out there for teens in actually italian, right now. e.e

the majority of series i do watch are in dialect (montalbano, la mossa del cavallo, la mafia uccide solo d'estate, l'amica geniale), so they aren't really good for you. 

oh, lots of people like "skam italia", but idk about the quality of the show cause i didn't watch it personally. same for "l'allieva", i haven't watched it but some of the kids i tutor do so and they really like it.

as for music. idk what's your genre and i mostly listen to the really old singers, so the best thing is really to go on spotify or itunes and look up the top 50 italian singers/songs (but if i can suggest anyone, i'd go with lucio battisti cause he was really clear while singing and the lyrics of his songs aren't too difficult to understand, even if mostly poetic). 

as for movies:

- notte prima degli esami (the first one not the second one)

- che ne sarà di noi

- come te nessuno mai

- l'ultimo bacio

- ricordati di me

- padri e figlie

- la finestra di fronte

- le fate ignoranti

- saturno contro

- mine vaganti

and there are others but these are enough for now, i guess. 

thanks for your suggestion too!