Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Youku] All For One 以团之� - Idol Group Show Thread

wow SWIN members are literally in all survival shows

Too bad All For One seems to be receiving lukewarm responses so far compared to IPD.

2 boy competitions being run consecutively? This is madness. Not even South Korea has had tried that. I feel bad for you girls for catching up both.

Korea doesn’t do that because business-wise it is not a very smart thing to do. I find it hard to understand how these billion-dollar Chinese corporations cannot optimize scheduling. Running two survival shows at the same time create massive risks to investment and advertizing because both shows hit the same revenue-generating demographics.

At the very least, Youku should have done girls instead of boys. But running two competition shows concurrently is not smart. Maybe China is big enough so even a small percentage pays off. But in Korea this would be a bad and, frankly speaking, stupid idea.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Korea doesn’t do that because business-wise it is not a very smart thing to do. I find it hard to understand how these billion-dollar Chinese corporations cannot optimize scheduling. Running two survival shows at the same time create massive risks to investment and advertizing because both shows hit the same revenue-generating demographics.

At the very least, Youku should have done girls instead of boys. But running two competition shows concurrently is not smart. Maybe China is big enough so even a small percentage pays off. But in Korea this would be a bad and, frankly speaking, stupid idea.

Produce 2019 is also coming soon.

So we'll see 3 boy survivor shows running concurrently. 

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart:

1. Zhao Pinlin

2. Zhou Yixuan

3. Yang Tong

4. He Yifan

5. Qin Hao

6. Tian Shuchen

7. Zhang Gaolian

8. Zong Ying

9. Lu Yu

10. Yang Bing Zhuo

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=16

What is this chart exactly? Official votes for the show that determines ranks? or just a poll

Produce 2019 is also coming soon.

So we'll see 3 boy survivor shows running concurrently. 

Alibaba, Tencent and Baidu at it again, this time over flower boys

Too bad All For One seems to be receiving lukewarm responses so far compared to IPD.

I mean, it's normal. IP has already had a very successful first season so it's much more anticipated. AFO kinda came of nowhere.

Edited by Gilraen92

What is this chart exactly? Official votes for the show that determines ranks? or just a poll

This chart calculates social engagement related to stars by weibo users including forwards, comments, likes, read, mentions etc. It has been running for a long time and it has daily rankings, weekly rankings and monthly rankings, kinda like music charts. The main Weibo Star Power Chart is divided into groups, Mainland China, HK/Macao/Taiwan, Asia-Pacific, Europe/US and New Star. There are also subcategories like Korean Wave and Trainees, and this month the chart has included another 2 subcategories for Idol Producer season 2 and All For One. After these shows are over, the trainees will either be moved to New Star or Trainees, depending on their popularity on weibo. Top 3 every month in New Star list will be moved to the main charts of Mainland, HK/Macao/Taiwan or Asia-Pacific.

Btw I made a thread for last month's chart here: https://onehallyu.com/topic/756188-weibo-star-power-chart-for-december-2018/

Edited by whitedove

Damn the kids who didn't get picked gotta go home? Goodbye Mr. Bean

It's cute how the Yuehua babies are like sad little puppies without their dad Yixuan

I like all the class presidents Im going to be sooooo sad rlytearpls.png when they go up against each other in the up coming eps 

Youku's stylists are on point.

They've also pulled out stuff from You Zhangjing's wardrobe and put them on a group of trainees during audition laugh.png

Edited by whitedove

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart (All For One sub-category):

1. Zhao Pinlin

2. Zhou Yixuan

3. Yang Tong

4. Zong Ying

5. He Yufan

6. Lu Yu

7. Hong Weizhe

8. Shang Zhenbo

9. Tian Shuchen

10. Qin Hao

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=16

Looks like we're seeing some movements in the ranking!

i like how they did team bonding activities. The song choices are interesting. I'm looking forward to it. They got everything from classics (MayDay, Ekin Cheung etc) to more recent ones( Jackson, Luhan, i think a Jane Zhang song is one of the choices). I'm keeping an eye on the Kung Fu Fighting and the Young and Dangerous theme. I wonder how Jolin Tsai's Qi Shi Jing Shen is gonna be like lol. There seems to be one song from the Mars Intelligence Agency show?  

So many great gems in their livestream, Wei Zhe & Yan Xiu in their own world in the corner, Xuan ge doting on and being a dad to Xun Lun, Bing Zhuo being so giddy at drawing on Xuan ge's face, I could go on and on - 

Really sad about the lack of english subs for this show, but I'm glad my Chinese skills can still get me through

I'm getting more and more confused about what this show is trying to teach them, it's all over the place

• Like 1

I'm getting more and more confused about what this show is trying to teach them, it's all over the place

Yeah it's pretty confusing.