Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hormones.

Does anyone believe what the Bible actually says ?

f two men are fighting, and the wife of one steps in to rescue her husband from the one striking him, and she reaches out her hand and grabs his genitals, 12you are to cut off her hand. You must show her no pity.

Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

Not saying the entire bible is like this but shit some of these things omg wtf 

OOF THE NUTJOBS ARE TRIGGERED 

-20 negs get wrekted

tenor.gif?itemid=4866628

they usually have intrepreters for that no? like those arent the actual meaning and stuffs

The Bible is made of various people's writings, stories and tales over different periods of time about many different people and events

I do believe in the Jesus of the Bible and the parts he is mentioned

they usually have intrepreters for that no? like those arent the actual meaning and stuffs

lmao 

Are you seriously interpreting these meanings as literal in 2018? lmao

Shut up man xD people choosing what's literal and what's not xD all this crap is so stupid what did you not understand xD 

being religious in 2018 and almost 2019? couldn't be me 3w2MWDX.png

laugh.png dead ass people ares still messy 

well you gotta read the whole passage from Mark 12:18-27. jesus responds with something that makes sense I guess. 

18 Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 â€œTeacher,†they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection[c]whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?â€

24 Jesus replied, â€œAre you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!â€

Yes, fuck them for having something that gives them hope and peace of mind right.

lmao

Shut up man xD people choosing what's literal and what's not xD all this crap is so stupid what did you not understand xD

laugh.png dead ass people ares still messy

dude idk y u being like this i was proposing the possibilty since those gave splinters to my brain and i'm the farthest thing from being a religious christian. u made a thread to discuss or what

lmao 

laugh.png dead ass people ares still messy 

obviously it will seem stupid to you if you look at the words interpreting from when language was used differently and reading it as literally as possible with today's language. That isn't a hard thing to understand

Yes, fuck them for having something that gives them hope and peace of mind right.

What ? laugh.png

obviously it will seem stupid to you if you look at the words interpreting from when language was used differently and reading it as literally as possible with today's language. That isn't a hard thing to understand

There's nothing that I don't understand, this stuff is gold laugh.png

dude idk y u being like this i was proposing the possibilty since those gave splinters to my brain and i'm the farthest thing from being a religious christian. u made a thread to discuss or what

I'm just laughing at your quote laugh.png it's just funny that people cherry pick these things 

Why cant yall leave people the hell alone man

laugh.png these verses are hilarious 

What ? laugh.png

I'm just laughing at your quote laugh.png it's just funny that people cherry pick these things 

If you understand, what was the point of this topic? Just to say you think it's stupid either way lol?

If you understand, what was the point of this topic? Just to say you think it's stupid either way lol?

I didn't say it was stupid I just find them so funny laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

f two men are fighting, and the wife of one steps in to rescue her husband from the one striking him, and she reaches out her hand and grabs his genitals, 12you are to cut off her hand. You must show her no pity.

I didn't say it was stupid I just find them so funny laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

Well like I said before, if you read it and interpret it as literally as possible with language used today, then of course it will sound funny. If you read it with more modern translation, then it will make more sense.

I'm an Atheist, but I'll bite. The Bible is a library of books with multiple genres, some of them historical, others philosophical, and furthermore fiction, fairy tales, satire so it takes a team of scholars to interpret it, not the average person that reads one line out of context. It was also written in a periods of thousands of years when cultures evolved over time. Not to mention, several aspects of it also got lost in translation, such as puns, wordplay, so much meaning is lost when you read it like this. 

I have googled it and context of it seems to be an old law on marriage and divorce. I don't see how that is relevant today, culture changes, law changes too. It says nothing about followers today, but it says something about the culture of a group of people in the time this was written. That's it. It's not telling you to do it now, it's just an outdated legal document. 

What ? laugh.png

ywHh9SH.jpg

i was taught in theology not to take the bible as a historical account, rather as an art/form of literature that reflects how life was lived during the time it was written

(edit: bad wording lololol)

so no, i don't take what's written on the bible literally, i don't think a lot of its content would still apply to today, and in my opinion that's where most people, including you, make the mistake

Maybe instead of asking random people on OH you could read the writings of theologians breaking down those verses. ilikeitplz.png