Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Mogwai

Announcement OH! Press is recruiting new staff specifically for Oh! Chart!

oh-chart-recruitment-header.png

Salutations, OHtizens. I am here in hopes of snagging a few more of y’all to do our supreme leader @Rinne’s bidding!!!!!

tumblr_p2vf5kNfHc1sy8x5ho1_400.gif

The Oh! Press team is looking for Chart Masters who will be specifically tasked to maintain Oh! Chart on a weekly basischartmander.png

This includes:

• Managing spreadsheets with data mined from Korean music charts (specifically Hanteo and Gaon)
  • Posting the voting thread every Friday
  • Publishing each week’s results on both the blog and OneHallyu forum every Tuesday

Since voting and results are scheduled to take place at 11pm KST, every Friday and Tuesday, respectively, applicants should preferably be available during these times.

Use a timezone converter such as this to help you see what time that is for you.

oh-chart-recruitment-requirements.png

• Applicants must demonstrate a good understanding of Hanteo and Gaon Digital Charts. Priority will go to those who know how Hanteo works.
  • Flair for writing forum threads and blog posts.
  • Adequate at Math and numbers.
  • Adept at using Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
  • Must be able to meet deadlines.
  • All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated!
  • Good communication skills, able to collaborate with others.
  • Abide by the rules of the forum, with no warning points.

oh-chart-recruitment-application-form.pn

OneHallyu username:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
Are you familiar with Excel/Google Docs/Sheets?:
How comfortable are you with Math and numbers?:
Which timezone are you in?:
Do you have any relevant experience (eg. sales threads/Twitter accs, experience using Wordpress)?:
Do you have any other ideas related to Oh! Chart?:
Why do you want to become a part of Press team?:

Please provide at least 2 writing samples (either as external links or include them within your application).

A maximum of one (1) of these samples may include a thread with original content created on OneHallyu. This includes threads such as event/game or even well-crafted appreciation threads. Basically, we're looking for those who can write original eye-catching content and write them well. Content copy-pasted from other sources or troll/bait threads will obviously be dismissed.

If you write regularly for a blog, please include that information and specify what to read.

Please send your completed application form to @Rinne in a private message with the title “OneHallyu Press Application - Chart Mastersâ€. Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to @Rinne or me privately! Thank you and good luck!

tumblr_p6reiyOy0r1qerl53o1_250.gif

oh-chart-recruitment-faq.png

Q: OneHallyu has a blog?
A: Yes, we do. Here https://blog.onehallyu.com/

Q: What does Oh! Press really do?
A: For general info on our work, please refer to this post

Q: Why is the Press team so big?
A: Rinne likes it big yum yum

Q: What happened to Rinne?
A: Heartbroken. PM her if you want to rent a girlfriend.
Ps: She wrote that herself.

Deadline

15 December, 11pm KST

Side note: We are looking for new writers and gfx designers too, so feel free to send in your apps. You may find the application forms for those positions here and here.

Also, Translations Team and Oh! Press Team will be jointly recruiting translators -- check out the other thread :D

• Like 7

Me Studying Hanteo to apply 

tenor.gif?itemid=8676905

I'm confident about everything but this wew

you should still go ahead and apply if you’re keen to learn! We can teach you as long as you are very willing to put in the effort

• Applicants must demonstrate a good understanding of Hanteo and Gaon Digital Charts. Priority will go to those who know how Hanteo works.

Adequate at Math and numbers.

Whew I've never read an application form I'm less qualified for lol

gl to those applying though 

453698103305043969.png?v=1

• Like 1

hmm... too bad the time like 8am. otherwise i would qualify. gl to those that apply~

I wish for anyone that applied to break a leg! 

hmm... too bad the time like 8am. otherwise i would qualify. gl to those that apply~

if the timing for publishing results is bad but you’re good at compiling sales data I’d still recommend applying anyway, bc we do still need peeps who know how to keep track of sales and check for accuracy

Are you still recruiting writers? I know you said you are but I was wondering if the position has already been filled.

Are you still recruiting writers? I know you said you are but I was wondering if the position has already been filled.

Yes, you are more than welcome to apply for a writer position ^^

Yup, we are. It's an ongoing thing, not a 'formal' recruitment as such. You can find the recruitment form at the bottom of the OP if you're interested!

Yes, you are more than welcome to apply for a writer position ^^

Yup, we are. It's an ongoing thing, not a 'formal' recruitment as such. You can find the recruitment form at the bottom of the OP if you're interested!

Oh okay thanks for clarifying~

omoo :ahmagah:

Omg you’re part of OHpress too? Grats~

• Like 1