Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

What makes someone unattractive physically?

18 replies to this topic

#1 DaeByun

DaeByun

YASUDA KEI IS THE #1 VISUAL HOLE IN IDOLDOM

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:40 AM

There's a science to being hot. 

So I'd imagine there's a science to being unattractive (to most people).

There are def certain features that are unattractive and we all know what they are. But sometimes I'd see two people with similar features. But one's hot, one isn't. Then there are people with conventionally unattractive individual features that look HOT.

A lot of it's about how the features mesh. Bone structure, symmetry, etc are quite important.

I think one thing that people overlook is facial expressions. Though that's not innate. There's one K-celeb that's known for being ugly even though his/her facial features individually aren't that bad.

And I think the fact that his/her facial expressions and smiles are really fake makes him/her less attractive. Though this person wasn't good looking to begin with.

What do you think?

#2 U R Messy AF

U R Messy AF

I'm Not Always Cranky

• Nice
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationI'm nice until you say or do something stupid

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:43 AM

There are combinations of features that we're brought up to believe constitute beauty, but ultimately it's all subjective and no one can answer this question for you, except you. I've seen many people who are widely considered beautiful, who do nothing for me.

#3 Renos

Renos

❤~SKElitist~❤

• Nice
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:52 AM (Edited by Renos, 06 December 2018 - 05:57 AM.)

heard once that the brain find more symmetric faces more attractive

also the aura and the attitude , if someone has beauiful smile it'll make him more attractive , beautiful teeth too

big eyes , kinda plump lips , long legs and small waist , broad shoulders , boobs too(girls)

Jurina for example has a very symmetric face and she's generally considered very attractive , Tzuyu , Shiraishi Mai and Kojima haruna too

so i guess symmetrical face is also a factor

Spoiler

#4 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• Nice
  • 8,052 posts
  • Location⋆ fᵤₗₗ ₜᵢₘₑ ₘᵢᵣₐCₗₑ⋆ ◌ ◡ ◌ ⋆

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

There are combinations of features that we're brought up to believe constitute beauty, but ultimately it's all subjective and no one can answer this question for you, except you. I've seen many people who are widely considered beautiful, who do nothing for me.

This tbh.

And I’ve seen people called ugly that I’ve found incredibly attractive. If there really is a science I’d imagine it’s on individual basis, and would thusly be WAY too complex to generally hypothesize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ♤♡Minlee Aizy ♡♤

♤♡Minlee Aizy ♡♤

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationYoungK's majestic nose

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:53 AM

I guess the overall harmony depends. You can have features judged unattractive by society standards but if your traits blend well with each others people will find you attractive 

Contrarely, there are people with perfect features according to society but if the harmony or charm isn't there people won't find them that attractive 

Also like the user above said, your personnal liking plays a big role in it. 

Some people will like the conventional type while others will like what's different and unconventional. 

The way someone smile, their gaze, like you said facial expressions etc are also parameters that play a big role. 

Now beyond physical traits you also have the overall vibe of the person, the way they talk (voice tone, pronounciation, soft or imposing etc), they way they style themselves. If they take care of their hygiene or not, their habits 

#6 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• Nice
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:57 AM (Edited by katsu • curry • chips, 06 December 2018 - 05:58 AM.)

also the aura and the attitude , if someone has beauiful smile it'll make him more attractive , beautiful teeth too
big eyes , kinda plump lips , long legs and small waist , broad shoulders , boobs too(girls)

Jurina for example has a very symmetric face and she's generally considered very attractive , Tzuyu too

Tzuyu doesn’t have a symmetric face at all, that’s even evident in the pics you chose.

And it’s still been disqualified many times as a theory. If it really was that easy we wouldn’t have an issue breeding out asymmetrical features which we don’t (but there’s also many reasons as to why we develop them in the first place). The only thing established is that people tend to take comfort in symmetrical patterns, but that hasn’t been 100% proven to be a formula for attractiveness which takes so many other things into account, everything from smells, to less romantic biological drives like desperation. I personally find Jurina to be gorgeous but you and I both know some people don’t.

#7 Satomi's inamorato

Satomi's inamorato

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:58 AM (Edited by Satomi's inamorato, 06 December 2018 - 05:58 AM.)

Jurina for example has a very symmetric face and she's generally considered very attractive , Tzuyu , Shiraishi Mai and Kojima haruna too

so i guess symmetrical face is also a factor

Jurina was never considered attractive though she has a manly face a manly jaw and overall not very feminine features. 

#8 RoyalTae

RoyalTae

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationTaehyung's moles

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

oml who said jurina she's fucking ugly

#9 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

Tzuyu doesn’t have a symmetric face at all, that’s even evident in the pics you chose.

And it’s still been disqualified many times as a theory. If it really was that easy we wouldn’t have an issue breeding out asymmetrical features which we don’t (but there’s also many reasons as to why we develop them in the first place). The only thing established is that people tend to take comfort in symmetrical patterns, but that hasn’t been 100% proven to be a formula for attractiveness which takes so many other things into account, everything from smells, to less romantic biological drives like desperation. I personally find Jurina to be gorgeous but you and I both know some people don’t.

Yeah Jurina looks like old and scary according to some Japanese and Korean people.

Some people don't find that attractive but I think she looks good.

tumblr_pafg4bwsxh1vnpgq9o1_500.jpg

It's a really different look from the more conventional beauties

large.jpg

dxu4udy.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

50321.jpg

But I find those conventional beauties really boring (but GORGEOUS)

#10 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:04 AM (Edited by DaeByun, 06 December 2018 - 06:04 AM.)

Yeah Jurina looks like old and scary according to some Japanese and Korean people.

tumblr_pafg4bwsxh1vnpgq9o1_500.jpg

large.jpg
dxu4udy.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
50321.jpg
1wWB3c.jpg

#11 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• Nice
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:08 AM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b00e9843acf4...

https://data.whicdn.com/images/302831243...
https://i.imgur.com/dxu4udy.jpg...
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JHUAORKQi5Y/maxre...
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/...
https://i.mydramalist.com/1wWB3c.jpg...

She has very unique features for an idol I agree, tho I’ve never thought she looked old. She’s very charismatic and sexy as a person, i honestly think if she ever ventures into acting after her time as an idol she’ll do amazingly... she’s a great example of how irrational attractiveness can be. I’ve always found her to be so irresistible.

#12 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• Nice
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:12 AM

Jurina was never considered attractive though she has a manly face a manly jaw and overall not very feminine features.

Well the only thing that really proposes then is that symmetrical features won’t automatically mean someone’s considered attractive.

And asymmetrical won’t automatically mean someone’s unattractive either. I mean look at Jessica jung - gorgeous gorgeous woman, one of the most asymmetrical faces in show biz.

#13 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:16 AM

Well the only thing that really proposes then is that symmetrical features won’t automatically mean someone’s considered attractive.

And asymmetrical won’t automatically mean someone’s unattractive either. I mean look at Jessica jung - gorgeous gorgeous woman, one of the most asymmetrical faces in show biz.

%2523Jessica.jpg

WE DONT DESERVE A QUEEN

#14 Renos

Renos

❤~SKElitist~❤

• Nice
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:17 AM (Edited by Renos, 06 December 2018 - 06:28 AM.)

eh seriously ?? i always found Tzuyu's face to be very very symmetrical, but i guess this is more of a personal opinion , i actually find most of the people to have asymmetrical faces but i guess this is just me with my OCD and perfectionist side , or maybe because of my complex to have a more symmetrical face (i want my jaw to look nicer) that i pay attention to this

oml who said jurina she's fucking ugly

asdfghjkl lmao OKAY I'M SORRY !! i didn't see much people complaining about her looks and i see many praising it , though that's maybe because the people i follow on twitter are 48g/46g fans, and 48g focus more on the next door girl image that being super gorgeous ,so i thought the general idea is that she's attractve 

again sorry omfg...

#15 cara

cara

Trainee

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:37 AM (Edited by cara, 06 December 2018 - 06:39 AM.)

i think not having clean, moisturised skin and not being well rested and hydrated makes a massive difference. being tired and dehydrated can make you have really dull skin, dark eye bags, thinner lips, etc. which can really take a toll on your appearance. same with dry flat hair, dirty/ stained teeth, etc. like, looking unclean and ungroomed instantly drops how attractive u are

#16 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• Nice
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:43 AM

eh seriously ?? i always found Tzuyu's face to be very very symmetrical, but i guess this is more of a personal opinion , i actually find most of the people to have asymmetrical faces but i guess this is just me with my OCD and perfectionist side , or maybe because of my complex to have a more symmetrical face (i want my jaw to look nicer) that i pay attention to this

asdfghjkl lmao OKAY I'M SORRY !! i didn't see much people complaining about her looks and i see many praising it , though that's maybe because the people i follow on twitter are 48g/46g fans, and 48g focus more on the next door girl image that being super gorgeous ,so i thought the general idea is that she's attractve 

again sorry omfg...

well i think it's comforting that attractiveness and unattractiveness can't be universally explained. at least you and i and plenty of ske wotas i follow too think she's gorgeous! 

#17 choiyujins

choiyujins

Global Superstar

• OH! Press
  • 5,859 posts
  • Location𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓽 9

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

I guess the overall harmony depends. You can have features judged unattractive by society standards but if your traits blend well with each others people will find you attractive 

This

#18 Renos

Renos

❤~SKElitist~❤

• Nice
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:01 AM (Edited by Renos, 06 December 2018 - 08:07 AM.)

well i think it's comforting that attractiveness and unattractiveness can't be universally explained. at least you and i and plenty of ske wotas i follow too think she's gorgeous!

I don't care if someone thinks she's not pretty, i just commented having in mind that it's generally true and used her pics as an example of a symmetric face asdfghjkl also because i never saw people shitting on her looks like they do with sasshi/dasu/sally....etc (except antis of course) , ok whatever

#19 lovesojung

lovesojung

sowon protection squad

• Nice
  • 3,641 posts
  • Location⋆ 꿈나라 ⋆

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

to me, skincare and hair care are vital to giving off an attractive aura..someone with really bad skin or broken/fried hair just gives off a vibe of not caring about themselves/being unhealthy..even though you can never know why they look a certain way

Up, Up and Away!