Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taetaefingertips

Is it possible to be gay and Muslim?

So I stumbled across a video today on this topic. The comments seem a bit homophobic and I'm confused. What do you guys think about it? Let's discuss maturely. It will be better if an actual Muslim comment on this tho.

P.S. I'm not Muslim so please no hate for being ignorant on this topic. I want to learn that's all.

yes

gay muslims are far from the first people to not follow every religious law to the letter

I think you can be a gay Christian so I also think you can be gay for any other religion but I’m not Muslim so

I’m bi and Muslim

Idk I’m not too well versed with the Quran but I do know that the Quran does stress a lot that god is very loving to Muslims and even people who aren’t Muslim so it’s hard for me to believe that God wouldn’t love me for something I can’t even control

Edit: wait I think I misunderstood the question lol I thought you were asking if it’s allowed islamically.

There are plenty of lgbt Muslims although homophobia is rampant in Muslim communities

I have multiple LGBT muslim friends offline AND online, I'm LGBT and muslim myself.

Sure there are homophobes around but young people (1990s and above) are usually more open minded to this. 

It's against the religion tho.Prophet Lut's story proves that.

But if you wanna be gay then be gay

Yeah it's against the religion and it is even mentioned in the Quran but you can do whatever you want. It's your life 

you're asking about me hello

being with someone of the same gender is a sin, but you can't help being born the way you are. from my experience and from the people around me, lgbt muslims invest even deeper into religion, pray 5 times a day. personally, after lots of struggling lol, im open to dating people of the same gender, i know that some lgbt muslims try to hold back on it.

but honestly, if it happens it just happens. you dont choose who you fall in love with i guess.

I'm not sure but my Quran scholar told me that it's possible and that our prophet even gave them their own spot in masjid/mosque.

If you pick man seeking man in Tinder or search on the Gay Dating site, you're going to be extremely surprised by the number of Muslims there. I don't know whether it forbidden in this religion, but the reality is that it's the gayest religion of all ahmagahplz.png
I'm sorry for that in advance.
ee7.jpg

Islam condemns homosexuality, you'd be better off leaving the religon, it would make your life much easier

after all, you don't get to decide your sexuality, it's not your fault.

All of Abrahamic religions forbid homosexuality, not only Islam.

Speaking for Islam, it's totally fine to have feelings for same gender unless you have sex with them. + Probably only 1% Muslims obey Quran 100%. Sooounsure.png

Theologically no in any Abrahamic religion. In Islam, there's stricter, by the book interpretation, so even more no. But, then I know lesbian (non-practicing) Muslims.

It is against Islamic ruling to be gay. I am a Muslim and I do very well remember how firmly it is said in our holy religious text, the Qur'an. An example of how it is stressed against being gay in the Qur'an is when a civilization of gay people was turned up side down and annihilated for ignoring the word of God and his sent prophet to these people. That is provided to provoke fear in the followers if Islam to not become one of those who transgress the very limits set by God.

Some followers of Islam say that gay people go to hell and similar things. We have no right as humans to judge people on how they'll end up in the hereafter. That is why God is the one who judges. It's really evident from how and what He says in the Qur'an. 

Now I'm going to explain and elaborate what 

#KangDanielSoloDebut2k19! and Taelegant  commented

Having homosexual feelings or feelings for the same sex as yours is different from having sexual relations with someone the same sex as yours.

I could say that God would forgive Muslims who have such feelings but do not commit any physical actions that express as long as they repent. In Islam, God wants to be forgiving and merciful to Muslims and those who believe in only Him. But why will He forgive if they don't ask for it in the first place?

Marriage is not valid in Islam unless between the opposite sexes. So even if a gay Muslim had sex with another gay person while they're "married," it is still considered a huge sin. Only God knows what punishment they will suffer from committing the deed whether it be in this lifetime or the hereafter. But if this Muslim repents and asks for forgiveness and leaves homosexuality behind, I assure you that they will be met with God's mercy. However, do not expect His forgiveness by planning to have sexual relations with someone as the same sex as yours and then asking for forgiveness afterwards. God in Islam, is omnipotent and all knowing, so He knows what you think, scheme, plan, and He knows the future and every outcome. So don't just go ahead and commit the sin because God may not give you a chance to repent.

I do no support homosexuality or the LGBT community. I'm not against people who associate with this community and I don't hate them. But I am against such feelings that lead to liking the same sex and wanting to be a different gender. 

If you have questions or misunderstood anything, please reply.

It is against Islamic ruling to be gay. I am a Muslim and I do very well remember how firmly it is said in our holy religious text, the Qur'an. An example of how it is stressed against being gay in the Qur'an is when a civilization of gay people was turned up side down and annihilated for ignoring the word of God and his sent prophet to these people. That is provided to provoke fear in the followers if Islam to not become one of those who transgress the very limits set by God.

Some followers of Islam say that gay people go to hell and similar things. We have no right as humans to judge people on how they'll end up in the hereafter. That is why God is the one who judges. It's really evident from how and what He says in the Qur'an. 

Now I'm going to explain and elaborate what 

#KangDanielSoloDebut2k19! and Taelegant  commented

Having homosexual feelings or feelings for the same sex as yours is different from having sexual relations with someone the same sex as yours.

I could say that God would forgive Muslims who have such feelings but do not commit any physical actions that express as long as they repent. In Islam, God wants to be forgiving and merciful to Muslims and those who believe in only Him. But why will He forgive if they don't ask for it in the first place?

Marriage is not valid in Islam unless between the opposite sexes. So even if a gay Muslim had sex with another gay person while they're "married," it is still considered a huge sin. Only God knows what punishment they will suffer from committing the deed whether it be in this lifetime or the hereafter. But if this Muslim repents and asks for forgiveness and leaves homosexuality behind, I assure you that they will be met with God's mercy. However, do not expect His forgiveness by planning to have sexual relations with someone as the same sex as yours and then asking for forgiveness afterwards. God in Islam, is omnipotent and all knowing, so He knows what you think, scheme, plan, and He knows the future and every outcome. So don't just go ahead and commit the sin because God may not give you a chance to repent.

I do no support homosexuality or the LGBT community. I'm not against people who associate with this community and I don't hate them. But I am against such feelings that lead to liking the same sex and wanting to be a different gender. 

If you have questions or misunderstood anything, please reply.

I'm shocked at bold :( 

This is why gay people kill themselves