Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
singnotes

[iQIYI] Qing Chun You Ni (Idol Producer S2) Thread **EP 4 SUBBED OUT!**

30 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite group performance?

• Fire Team A
    • Fire Team B
    • Fight Team A
    • Fight Team B
    • Namanana Team A
    • Namanana Team B
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team A
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team B
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team A
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team B
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team A
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team B
    • Reverse Team A
    • Reverse Team B
    • Dream Team A
    • Dream Team B

Tbf it was QCYN finale vs PC ep 1. 

All the rants  and raves over the final lineup + Ciwen's shade generated more buzz (either positive/negative) for QCYN. 

Anyway PC has 10+ eps left to catch up. 

Wonder if QCYN Girls season will start in the middle of PC's airing or at the finale.

==

PC and IP are different shows owned by different companies

Produce Camp - S2 of Produce 101 China, the boys version (S1 was girls version), and owned by Tencent

Qing Chun You Ni - S2 of Idol Producer, and owned by iQiyi. Both S1 and S2 are boys ver

Qing Chun You Ni Girls Up! - S3 of Idol Producer, the girls version. Also owned by iQiyi.

They probably will, if the rumor is true about Tencent reporting them (not just for the hair, but also long runtime so the last few episodes were all scaled down to 2 hours), I'm waiting to see how iQiyi will retaliate.

• Like 1

Wait, ther is a girl season of IP?

I am confused- so in China are PC and IP the same thing with different names???

Nope. Idol Producer (by iQiyi) is (or used to be) the “rip off†of the Korean pd101 while pd101 China (by Tencent) is/was the licensed version. So last year pd101 China started with a girls season just like the S1 of the Korean series while IP started with a boys season. Now I think it’s the opposite since Mnet “acknowledged†QCYN (aka Idol Producer) this year so now I guess Idol Producer/QCYN is the licensed version while pd101 China is the rip off. That’s why the S2 with boys airing right now changed their name to “produce camp†instead of being called pd101 China S2.

As for IP/QCYN, this is the first time they do a female season after 2 male seasons.

Edited by Gilraen92

They probably will, if the rumor is true about Tencent reporting them (not just for the hair, but also long runtime so the last few episodes were all scaled down to 2 hours), I'm waiting to see how iQiyi will retaliate.

Afaik IP S3 will air in the Q3 of the year (so July/August most probably) while PC has already aired the first episode and by the time it ends it’ll be June at most. I don’t think they overlap tbh. In any case it’ll overlap with pdx (Korea) since it starts in May.

Now I think it’s the opposite since Mnet “acknowledged†QCYN (aka Idol Producer) this year so now I guess Idol Producer/QCYN is the licensed version while pd101 China is the rip off. That’s why the S2 with boys airing right now changed their name to “produce camp†instead of being called pd101 China S2.

As for IP/QCYN, this is the first time they do a female season after 2 male seasons.

DAMN this ish is some complicated stuff

Thanks for clarifying everyone

Well I am Survival trash  so probably gonna watch all of this

But I will quit if the editing is as bad at midway through qcyn

DAMN this ish is some complicated stuff

Thanks for clarifying everyone

Well I am Survival trash  so probably gonna watch all of this

But I will quit if the editing is as bad at midway through qcyn

Ugh same. If the editing is so freaking bad and they skip so many important stuff like reactions to the rankings in the performances, most of the eliminations etc I’ll quit too. In fact I haven’t watched the last 3 QCYN episodes (except the finals obviously).

• Like 1

Tencent may have reported them for the colored hair

but idt they're  also the ones who reported QCYN for the long runtime 

bc Produce Camp ep 1 was more than 2 hrs. 

• Like 2

Tencent may have reported them for the colored hair

but idt they're  also the ones who reported QCYN for the long runtime 

bc Produce Camp ep 1 was more than 2 hrs. 

I think you're fine until someone reports you, because Youku got away with the hair. Or maybe Tencent has better connections.

I think you're fine until someone reports you, because Youku got away with the hair. Or maybe Tencent has better connections.

Tbh, the hair thing might just be mediaplay by Iqiyi thing.

• Dislike 2

Tbh, the hair thing might just be mediaplay by Iqiyi thing.

If it was, it completely backfired. I'm more curious if certain trainees getting kicked out from any of these shows is mediaplay. I can't imagine them not having teams of people to do proper vetting of the contestants and make sure there isn't any old social media posts or videos of them from the past that might bring backlash.

If it was, it completely backfired. I'm more curious if certain trainees getting kicked out from any of these shows is mediaplay. I can't imagine them not having teams of people to do proper vetting of the contestants and make sure there isn't any old social media posts or videos of them from the past that might bring backlash.

I think it depends if those news get trending on weibo, tieba, douban (the 3 most popular forums).

If negative news quickly get shut down or not trending at all, its not mediaplaying. They are trying to keep it hush hush.

But however if a certain trainee did something bad and then it gets on the trending page for a long period of time without repercussion, that's mediaplaying.

China is filled with these type of celebrities that are "越黑越红“ or translated as "become popular because of being hated."

no ep 11 and finale ep subs, but there's subs for ep 9 and 10 unaired clips! 

[ENG SUB] Qing Chun You Ni - EP 9 Unaired Clip: Rules for concept evaluation task regrouping 

[ENG SUB] Qing Chun You Ni - EP 10 Unaired Clip: Zhang Yixing announces the final stage task 

hello everyone!

does someone have raw links for ep 11 and 12 ???? 

thanks! lovestruck.png

Is there a girls ver. thread that anyone made? I had fun following these threads before I got an account lol