Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
singnotes

[iQIYI] Qing Chun You Ni (Idol Producer S2) Thread **EP 4 SUBBED OUT!**

30 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite group performance?

• Fire Team A
    • Fire Team B
    • Fight Team A
    • Fight Team B
    • Namanana Team A
    • Namanana Team B
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team A
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team B
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team A
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team B
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team A
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team B
    • Reverse Team A
    • Reverse Team B
    • Dream Team A
    • Dream Team B

I enjoyed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KClfSb0Jugo

And this

I really really hope Chen Youwei is able to improve, seeing as how he wasn't in the theme song video, it's going to be hard. To all the people of China who are voting, let's not do this again. If you love the kid for being in the dramas that he's been in, don't you think it's a better idea not to vote him into the group so he can go back to acting??? This is the exact thing Yixing has been complaining about, but now we got an F who is #1 in votes.

He's debuting. Edited by DaeByun

OMG, I find it so crazy how they are basically living in this gated campus and there are tons of girls waiting outside those gates hollering at them every time they come out to go to the convenience store, demanding them to come out everyday so they can catch a glimpse. Wonder if they feel like zoo animals. These girls need to chill.

Waycrispy, do you support Guan Yue?

DpzLbz9VsAAbNqV.jpg

He cute, plus it's hard to ignore him when the editing of the entire audition is like a Guan Yue fancam

Ugh I don't want to get too invested because I don't want to see my faves get eliminated. 

I wish they could all debut like AKB48.

My main wish is for this season's boygroup to be an actual boygroup of some sorts, even just for the first six months after the show. The stuff Yuehua pulled with Nine Percent and Rocket Girls makes me kinda wish this group won't have a Yuehua member. Like seriously, Yuehua can just create their own idol groups since they have the branding and industry influence already. 

Like I don't mind the members doing solo activities while the project group is active, and while I know it is China and solo work brings in more money, I feel Idol Producer groups haven't truly realized or taken advantage of the possibilities actually promoting the project group would bring. Tbh a lot of the Idol Producer fanbase is still limited to those who have some sort of Chinese speaking ability, even amongst international fans. Nine Percent really feels like a wasted opportunity, so many foreign fans were curious about them but they barely did anything together.

The reality is K-Pop's main weakness is that they can't create a group with tremendous diversity the way C-Pop can do. K-Pop has a fixed template with minor modifications here and there. But Nine Percent sort of showed people what a diverse boygroup would actually look like, too bad the experience was barely there because everyone was too busy minding their own business.

So my main wish is for the group coming out of this show to at least spend a few months establishing themselves as a group after the show.

Not the mention, the title track was terrible.

I Need a Doctor >>>>>>

Aww but I loved them using baritones' chest voice for the high parts. 

Brings emotional emphasis to the lines esp when it comes to the climax

Wish kpop would do that too. 

Oh what I'm trying to say is, if you can hit the notes, great. 

If you're cracking and struggling, chances are, the notes are too high for your vocal range. And vocal range is genetic. So it has nothing to do with if you're actually a good singer or not. So I wasn't a fan of the vocal trainers pushing people who couldn't sing the notes to do it. 

Edited by DaeByun
  • Like 2

He seems pretty soft spoken, it's always the ones with the bigger personalities that get highlighted. Not sure how much screen time he'll be able get going forward. 

That's okay. We need soft-spoken idols too.

I mean I'm not the "general public" but I really like that since it's different.

i feel like wenhan's team is wasted on this song...they didnt get to fully showcase their strengths...

and apparently, wenhan's teammate Cho Seungyoun from UNIQ took part in composing it's okay so hopefully we can get good songs later on.

and i also just found out that Chen Bokai is from Pledis's China branch

The song's good though. Just the arrangement ugh.

But yeah we should hope for better compositions and arrangements. 

Probably :( Plus I doubt iQiyi wants to have more than one Yuehua member in the final group this time seeing the whole mess with Yuehua3 in NPC.

I don't like the fact that there's 3 Yuehua members in NPC. 

But I wouldn't mind Wenhan and Chunyang debuting this time around!!!!

Nah, I agree lots of them have stan attractor potential but like you said, the problem with this season is that 90% of the contestants don't get enough screentime while last year most contestants got at least some decent screentime. This season is heavily focused in a select few (Wenhan, Jiayi, Guanyue are like the locked trinity and then Huaiwei, Wang Jiayi, Chunyang, Lin Mo, He Changxi, Feng Junjie and Yao Chi get good screentime too). Surprisingly Banana and Gramarie trainees barely get screentime, Yao Mingming don't get that much pushed either, 3/5 of Mr Tyger barely get screentime either, and for BG Project Shizhan and Zhenning have JUST started to rise now so yeah, there's probably lots of talented and charismatic people that barely get screentime.

I'll be shocked if Wenhan, Jiayi or Guanyue don't get in with this amount of screentime

Omg the current line up is literally perfect if they just replaced Huaiwei with Zhenning and maybe Youwei with He Changxi. Look at Yao Chi being Mavericks only hope tho. Not even Li Xikan was ever ranked this high.

Zhenning YES.

But Youwei is here to stay bby

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Xia Hanyu will be a good vocal addition to Top 9. His last performance was really good (that high note!)

The only ones I feel are guaranteed to debut at this point are Wenhan, Guanyue, Jiayi, Chunyang, and Chen Youwei. Their graph trackings are pretty stable compared to other contestants.

I really hope Changxi makes the final cut. He is an outstanding performer and I really like him but he's like at the cusp in terms of ranking. I hope he won't place 10th in the final episode, that's just injustice right there.

Good.

I like them all.

Do you guys want Xu Fangzhou and Wangzhe to debut?

pl_326920024_m_601_180_236.png

pl_326920033_m_601_180_236.png

I kind of want Fangzhou to debut. Kind of don't. I love Wang Zhe and his awkwardness though.

I really love wang zhe, but he may not fit in well with boy group concepts unless he improves fast with his expressions.

Fangzhou is not a favourite of mine, but I really like what I have seen of him so far, so I would support him if he debuts.

Wangzhe's awkwardness is definitely a highlight of QCYN. But what works for a reality TV show is different from what works for a boy group. He will stand out too much if he debuts...and not in a good way. The thing is, I think he can improve. I mean, just look at Wenhan during EOEO and Wenhan now - he used to be expressionless on stage too but his facial expressions got better over the years. Wangzhe just needs more time and training.

Fangzhou is a maybe for me. I do like him but he's not one of my top favorites.

Wang Zhe is way too awkward, my eyes would automatically swerve to him in a group performance just to get a glance at his expression and that's the last thing I'd want when I should be looking at the better performers. 

Fangzhou looks like he'd be a good addition, if only he was a rapper. It's amazing how this time around, there's no more room in this group for more vocalists. The show created a whole story around Xia Hanyu, it seems they are really pushing him now, shouldn't be surprising to see him rise up quickly. 

I find his blank expression super damn refreshing. 

Especially since everyone's trying to be expressive. 

• Like 2

Guess I wasn't paranoid abt iQiyi not giving Chanxi much screentime back in ep 6. 

And I kinda suspected that DCY wasn't one of their faves otherwise they would have given him a backstory when he got 1st place in the live voting for the 1st perf eval. 

It's bittersweet but thanks for confirming my suspicions.  

I always wondered why iQiyi still let trainees dye their hair for the 1st and 2nd evaluation performances even though  they were aware of the ban since ep 1.   

Looks like they're using this as an excuse to give less screentime (or zoomed out/blocked shots if they do have screentime) for those who aren't their faves.   

In other words, they're getting Ruibin-ed. 

We love Ruibin

• Like 2

Well, when I first saw the theme song MV, I had this expectation that QCYN would be better than IP since there are more visuals around and that could probably help boost the popularity of chinese idols outside china, but it turns out more good-looking boys does not simply translate to more hype and what we're seeing now is a mess tbh.

I mean you have to have Cai Xukun and Chen Li Nong and Fan BingBing's brother on your show to get people to talk about you.

But true, I prefer the trainees for this season overall.

Sign in to follow this