Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
singnotes

[iQIYI] Qing Chun You Ni (Idol Producer S2) Thread **EP 4 SUBBED OUT!**

30 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite group performance?

• Fire Team A
    • Fire Team B
    • Fight Team A
    • Fight Team B
    • Namanana Team A
    • Namanana Team B
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team A
    • Red Rose, White Rose Team B
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team A
    • A Smile is Beautiful Team B
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team A
    • Neighboring Tarzan Team B
    • Reverse Team A
    • Reverse Team B
    • Dream Team A
    • Dream Team B

Not sure if this has been posted, but Weibo Star Power Chart added a sub-category for Idol Producer season 2: 

https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=15

This includes daily, weekly and monthly rankings (as usual). Although not 100% accurate, but we can see who are the popular trainees on weibo. It might come in handy if anyone's voting or if you're having trouble with your top picks.

Since the show is starting soon, here's the daily ranking on Weibo Star Power Chart for yesterday:

1. Chen Youwei

2. Li Wenhan

3. Jiayi

4. Hu Chunyang

5. Wang Zhe

6. Deng Chaoyuan

7. Yao Chi

8. Guan Yue

9. Wu Chengze

10. Shi Zhan

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=15

Let's see how this matches episode 1 ranking from tonight, and how it changes tomorrow.

Edited by whitedove

Some netizens are speculating that SARFT rules & regulations are definitely involved in this. We can expect that after the re-editing, we won't see any trainees with earrings in the premiere. We might not even see any trainees with dyed hair (even though this rule usually affects only national TV, but might get extended to web), because if there are/were trainees who auditioned with these criteria, they most likely couldn't be shown on broadcast as stated by SARFT.

As stated by this article, the reasons for postponement, getting taken off air mid-airing, or even cancellation:

The reason for the cancellation of shows is almost always censorship. The review policies of online dramas have tightened in recent years.  

Originally, online dramas, movies and network animations have a review policy of "self edit & self broadcast."  Recently, the Beijing Broadcasting and Television Bureau issued a notice to the industry: key network audio-visual programs were to be submitted to the provincial radio and television bureau for review after being filed by the production company.  The review process includes the filming plan before the actual shoot and the finished film.

Some insiders have confirmed the new rules to be true.  The new rules will be implemented in February next year.  

As early as December 2016, the director of the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (currently known as NRTA), Nie Chenxi, pointed out that "the online and offline circles should be constructed in accordance with the requirements of one standard, one ruler." The standard of online drama review will be consistent with TV stations."  

It was emphasized that TV dramas and movies that have not passed the examination shall not be aired as internet dramas or online movies.  

It is clear that these two causes (censorship and revision) will have far reaching implications in the drama industry that for a time gave more freedom to dramas airing online.  Those that hope to be broadcast whether on TV or online will have to abide by the rules and censorship to be able to air. Those that don't revise their content or fail to pass the review will get cancelled regardless of how good or star-studded the dramas are. We can only hope that this will not lead to further restrictions on creativity down the line.

Source: http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/12/why-historical-dramas-are-being.html

Although this articles focuses on historical dramas, we can bet that it's being applied to other shows as well.

The damage was done to shows like this after what went down with PD101 China voting scam. I watched All For One and they had blond hair on that show, didn't pay much attention to whether or not anyone had earrings on. I think a major issue SARFT has with some of these online programs is the sponsorship, I know of another variety show getting postponed after airing one episode, because basically it turned into a home shopping network type of show with all the product sponsorship.

Yeah to my knowledge, IPD season 2 is the first variety/reality show to get postponed this year. However, at least 5 dramas are already suffering the same fate in 2019 and we're still in January. The drama with Deng Lun as one of the leads has now been postponed twice and there's still no new airing date.

Apparently, SARFT gave iQiyi a warning just an hour or two before the first episode was supposed to premiere regarding contents of the first episode. iqiyi seems to be trying to follow all the rules (as well as unwritten ones) now so that the show won't suddenly get pulled mid-airing. Among changes requested were blur/mosaic/edit out male artists wearing earrings, and using English as the show's title. 

Edited by whitedove
  • Like 1

Um, I guess Teacher Li Ronghao didn't get the memo, cuz look at that big ass stud in his ear...or do these short clips not count? I really don't think that's the reason for the holdup.

He is also asking the most important question on behalf of all of us

They didn't edit them out, but they blurred everyone's earrings (not even sure if any trainees who did wear them were even shown). The short clips were released before the earring rule takes place. I haven't been to iqiyi's site yet so I'm not sure if they've already taken down all the original short clips that didn't meet SARFT's standard.

IPD season 2's Weibo Star Power Chart a day after premiere:

1. Li Wenhan

2. Wang Zhe

3. Chen Youwei

4. Hu Chunyang

5. Jia Yi

6. Deng Chaoyuan

7. Wu Chengze

8. Shi Zhan

9. Casper

Nearly identical to the previous week but with the addition of Casper in the top 9.

Edited by whitedove
  • Like 1

Since I haven't watched the premiere yet, did this episode reveal the rankings for episode 1?

The power of being in 2 popular dramas this year, I want to see if he's as bad as Dong Yanlei

Even if he's as bad as Yanlei, I think he's definitely gonna go further than Yanlei in the show, probably tbh

Waiting for a dark horse, like Zhangjing who was 69th in the first ranking rose to 10th in the first elimination, or Yanjun who inched towards the top 9 bit by bit.

Perceptive netizens saw someone who was put in F rank rising to A rank as shown in the theme song MV. That didn't happen in the first season though it did happen in PD48 with Yabuki Nako. Maybe we'll be seeing some great moments later.

Nako's A was well deserved. I think the F to A boy is one of the Banana boys?

Yeah I think it's one of the Banana boys.

off topic but don't forget Lee Soomin from PD101 season 1 also from F to A too chuplz.png

Yup him too.

By including more 'drama', this show risks being on the chopping block of SARFT, honestly. Many people liked Rap of China season 1 but the very reason rap scene was heavily criticized wasn't just because of the attitude of certain rappers who were on it, but also the unnecessary dramas on the show that the general public deemed too controversial. The same happened with PD101 China with all of their unnecessary dramas and purposely created controversies. I thought this show's production team would have learned by now.

• Like 2

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart (Idol Producer 2 subcategory):

1. Li Wenhan

2. Chen Youwei

3. Hu Chunyang

4. Jia Yi

5. Wang Zhe

6. Casper

7. Shi Zhan

8. Deng Chaoyuan

9. He Changxi

Am I the only one surprised not to see Yao Mingming in the top 10 on weibo so far, considering he was 10th on Mixnine? Though looking through weibo, maybe because Mixnine isn't a popular show in China.

I think Wang Zhe is somewhat of an internet sensation across China, I’m not sure for what though

How did droopy become so powerful sitting up at #3? He really is adorable though

Droopy laugh.png

I think Mingming is mostly only popular among kpop fans, not necessarily in China.

Btw, I'm surprised Wang Zhe is so high. I've only watched ep 1 so far but I don't think he was that outstanding lmao.

Yeah I saw his name all the time on twitter, but not much hype on him on weibo. Another disconnect between international and Chinese fans, I guess.

My main wish is for this season's boygroup to be an actual boygroup of some sorts, even just for the first six months after the show. The stuff Yuehua pulled with Nine Percent and Rocket Girls makes me kinda wish this group won't have a Yuehua member. Like seriously, Yuehua can just create their own idol groups since they have the branding and industry influence already. 

Like I don't mind the members doing solo activities while the project group is active, and while I know it is China and solo work brings in more money, I feel Idol Producer groups haven't truly realized or taken advantage of the possibilities actually promoting the project group would bring. Tbh a lot of the Idol Producer fanbase is still limited to those who have some sort of Chinese speaking ability, even amongst international fans. Nine Percent really feels like a wasted opportunity, so many foreign fans were curious about them but they barely did anything together.

The reality is K-Pop's main weakness is that they can't create a group with tremendous diversity the way C-Pop can do. K-Pop has a fixed template with minor modifications here and there. But Nine Percent sort of showed people what a diverse boygroup would actually look like, too bad the experience was barely there because everyone was too busy minding their own business.

So my main wish is for the group coming out of this show to at least spend a few months establishing themselves as a group after the show.

Technically, NPC did spent like 3-4 months as a group, their trip to LA which includes fanmeet practice and variety show filming (as well as planning for their first album that many people may have forgotten), all those fanmeet stops etc, but then Yuehua pulled that move, iqiyi being a wuss and simply accepting it, the others faced a threat of being jobless while Yuehua3 were busy with NEXT so they really had to have solo jobs, and things just spiraled from there.

Edited by whitedove

Wenhan is probably a lock for debut, but honestly, Yuehua just can't have more than 1 trainee debuting (sorry Hu Chunyang, I'm gonna have to cancel you for now), or I can see them using their trainees as a leverage once again. Thank goodness only 3 of them showed up on IP this time.

:o What is After Journey doing with FCC/Xiao Gui + also Zhangjing and Fei Qi Ming were there too actually. Did he guest for Beautiful Youth??

A bit late but, to answer your question, After Journey and Fei Qi Ming are fixed cast on Beautiful Youth with Cheng Cheng, Zhengting, Ziyi, Xiao Gui and Zhangjing. They've finally finished filming in New Zealand today!

I think the authorities would not be pissed off if the show brings benefit to the country economically. What I feel is that this could be one of the reason the different amount of screening time given to the trainees i.e the amount of "promotion money" spent by the company.

So I am surprised and glad that Lian Huaiwei and Guan Yue were given a fair amount of screen time and dare I say that "Mengniu" had earmarked Guan Yue as their spokeperson especially when they screened his heartbreaking video conferencing with his mom such that everyone would like him to succeed.

Where have you been? PD101 China (and in extension Idol Producer) getting investigated to the point that no idols were allowed on national TV for a long period of time last year was exactly because of this practice. If this year got even more 'corrupt' and with the Chinese authorities already cracking on corruption within the entertainment industry, do you really want this to happen to your chosen idols, them not being able to appear anywhere or banned everywhere except for the online platforms?

• Like 1

Didn't Wenhan have a lot more followers than Cai Xukun before joining the show? But I also agree that I don't think his #1 spot is secure, there are at least 3 or 4 that have a possibility of overtaking him, but we got to see the number of votes first. I feel like most of his fans are more casual unlike iKuns. Cai Xukun fans are those ride or die type, because of what he's been through over the period of time before he joined Idol Producer, they feel the need to protect him at all costs, make sure he not only makes the group but wins it all, and go to the ends of the earth for him. 

Yeap. Wenhan had 5 million weibo followers pre-show, while Xukun had 1 million.

A bit of a snowball effect, IP season 2 has more trainees with pre-show popularity than IP season 1. In turn, Produce Camp (PD101 China season 2) will have at least twice more trainees with pre-show popularity (with some of them already having millions of weibo followers on the level of Xukun and Wenhan pre-show) than QCYN, if the rumored trainees listed are true.

Do you know how these rankings are calculated? And what do the numbers mean, just points out of 100?

This is the daily ranking for Weibo Star Power Chart. You can see buttons for weekly and monthly at the side there, and as for the calculations, I believe I've mentioned it before but anyway, it's calculated based on the social engagement among weibo users related to the trainees aka how many times they talk about them, and the number of forwards, likes, comments, and reads regarding any topics related to the trainees (doesn't matter if the topics are good or bad), as well as how many visitors their weibo accounts received. The maximum point is 100, and the percentage is based on the category itself (ie calculated among those in the category) and not with other categories.

Speaking of this chart, here's the Weekly one (Feb 4-10) ahead of the elimination:

1. Li Wenhan

2. Hu Chunyang

3. Guan Yue

4. Jia Yi

5. Deng Chaoyuan

6. Wang Zhe

7. Chen Youwei

8. Shi Zhan

9. Xu Fangzhou

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=15(click the middle button for weekly)

Hmm not that much movement. Let's see what's the actual ranking will tell us.

EDIT: Yikes sorry for spamming. Being on mobile is very limited.

Edited by whitedove

Wenhan had 5M?? Omg. It's because of his series or it's UNIQ that popular in China?

A combination of both I think. UNIQ kinda gained interest among 'little fresh meat' and idol audience, so not surprising that he got 5 million considering UNIQ have been in the industry for a few years.

Now I'm curious to see his vote count tomorrow. I mean, if Xukun had 11M in the first elimination round with only 1-2M of followers in Weibo I guess Wenhan will probably have more.

Just to put into perspective, the current number of weibo followers for the current top 9 on weekly weibo chart (I didn't save the data pre-sgow except for Wenhan since I'm not too invested with this season):

1. Li Wenhan - 5.59 million

2. Hu Chunyang - 593k

3. Guan Yue - 2.34 million

4. Jia Yi - 627k

5. Deng Chaoyuan - 235k

6. Wang Zhe - 

7. Chen Youwei - 1.44 million

8. Shi Zhan - 267k

9. Xu Fangzhou - 400k

Something happened to Wang Zhe's weibo, not sure why I couldn't access it.

• Like 2

Rumors on weibo said that Produce Camp will premier on 6 April. QCYN was supposed to air the finale on 5 April but with this delay that means the finale will be pushed back as well.

Anyway, here's the updated number of weibo followers of the current top 9 (as of episode 6):

1. Li Wenhan - 5.76 million

2. Jia Yi - 828k

3. Guan Yue - 2.44 million

4. Chen Youwei - 1.66 million

5. Hu Chunyang - 702k

6. Lian Huaiwei - 228k

7. Yao Chi - 587k

8. Shi Zhan - 407k

9. Yao Mingming - 309k

Compare this to the current top 9 on the Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart:

1. Li Wenhan

2. Hu Chunyang