End of 2018 Rule Updates

Darkchoalovessuju4ever rules happyholidays

35 replies to this topic

#1 Pineapple

Pineapple

๐Ÿ

• The Nation's Admins
  • 6,992 posts
  • LocationLife is not all lovely thorns, and singing vultures, you know.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:20 AM

x1VPuUk.gif

With the end of 2018 fast approaching it marks another year where as a community we're lucky to continue experiencing our ups, downs, and everything in between. To keep up with the ever changing needs of the site, the moderator and admin teams are making some adaptations and tweaks. 
6c8bXqV.gif?1

โ„ Chinese Entertainment - We will be adding in subsections to the Chinese entertainment section - Groups, Social Media Pictures, Actors/Actresses, and Dramas. 

โ„ OP Rules - We have modified the thread op rule to reflect the mod team's ability to intervene in specific situations, which are not in accordance with site rules.

• โ€œIf a user is deemed to have obtained an op for use in a manner not in accordance with the OH site rules, the op may be removed at the discretion of the moderating team."

โ„ Fan Fic - 18+ fan fiction containing explicit sexual content will now need to placed in "The Bar" section. 

โ„ Locations/Titles/Profiles - Our location rules have been updated as well. While we do have a "The Bar" area if someone is thus inclined, the main section of the site is meant to be a comfortable and welcoming space for users of all ages. User locations, titles, and profiles need to be safe for viewing by anyone; so graphic, or extreme content may be removed at a moderator's discretion if deemed unsuitable. We have a whole section to get your freaky lingusitics on, so please utilize it instead.

• "We appreciate and allow user creativity in regard to locations, titles, and profiles, however, moderators reserve the right to edit or remove locations at their discretion if they feel this privilege is being abused, or is being used in a manner that hinders on other user's ability to navigate the forum comfortably. This includes, but is not limited to content of a graphic or 18+ nature. All forum rules still apply to locations/titles/profiles, and a violation of the rules will result in a warning accordingly. If a user is unsure whether something they wish to use is appropriate or not, they are welcome to PM a moderator or post their inquiry in the ask a moderator thread for further clarification."

โ„ Antagonizing Staff Rule - We have further clarified this rule to ensure all users are aware that this applies for abusive behaviour, insults, and attacks towards ANY of the OneHallyu staff. They are here to make your time on this site more enjoyable, and they give their time and love to this; use your words respectfully with all users.

• "The OH staff will not tolerate consistent attacks and personal insults. Please remember that the staff are here for you and to help. They are members just like you, so they are absolutely allowed and encouraged to participate in topics and discuss their own opinions. If you have issues with a particular member of staff and believe he or she is abusing their power, contact an Admin and discuss your complaint. Please cite specific instances (posts, threads, and/or messages) as proof for the Admin to refer to."

โ„ New User Accounts -  As previously announced new accounts were restricted from the private message system until 50 posts were made. We will be lifting that restriction, and allowing new users to have a private message inbox space of 5 messages. We do, however, reserve the right to reverse this should we find this feature is being misused, or abused. 

โ„ User Requested Content Removal - In order to try and keep (as much as possible) an up to date and comprehensive collection of information and resources, users will no longer be able to request removal of a thread they created if it is an official group/artist thread, music video thread, teaser thread, photo shoot thread, news thread, netizen translation thread, etc... at moderator discretion. Threads found to be false news/gossip, or closed by moderator intervention will still be removed. If you do not wish to keep the op of any such thread you can always request the op be transferred to another user if they are willing to takeover.

โ„ Archived Threads - If threads have been inactive for more than a year we will no longer be un-archiving them. This also means that if a thread needs to be un-archved to be removed, but is over a year old, it is not eligible for removal. The archival process helps keep the server load in check, and when a thread hasn't been touched in over a year it's probably not a thread anyone is gasping to be able to post in once more.

โ„ Unpopular Opinions Thread - We've been seeing user concerns, and have our own as well that this thread has been turning more and more into a variation on a bashing thread, which is not what it is there for. With this in mind the moderator and admin teams will be adding some new rules to the thread in order to mitigate this issue, and hopefully get it back on track to its intended purpose. If you wish to vent your frustrations towards artists or fandoms use the appropriate venue, which is the entertainment rant thread

6c8bXqV.gif?16c8bXqV.gif?16c8bXqV.gif?16c8bXqV.gif?16c8bXqV.gif?1

As always all rule updates can be found in our Rule Book. Please do check it out if you haven't already. It received a Daesang* for being the best way to avoid warning points on OH. 

We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

5ZMOeCp.gif?1

Ty to Rich Witch for the lovely banner! <3

*Daesang awarded by the mods

#2 Pirine

Pirine

๐š™๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐šœ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š•

• 2,744 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:24 AM

Hi, Yes I have a problem with this. Where is the rule that everyone needs to stan SHINee or you face an immediate ban?

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

๐Ÿ

• The Nation's Admins
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

Hi, Yes I have a problem with this. Where is the rule that everyone needs to stan SHINee or you face an immediate ban?

I knew we forgot something.ย imstupid.png

#4 rich witch

rich witch

๋‚ด ๋ง˜ Forever Yours

• 13,631 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:28 AM

I don't see you doing that atm so where does it put you

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

๐Ÿ

• The Nation's Admins
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:32 AM

Maybe I got distracted by your sig. It could be all your fault ijs.ย imstupid.png

#6 Pirine

Pirine

๐š™๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐šœ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š•

• 2,744 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:33 AM

What do you mean? SHINee morphed into a 9 member girl group. Not my fault you missed that update.

#7 UMJI MOODS

UMJI MOODS

Legend

• Nice
  • 10,453 posts
  • LocationAll over

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

Seems sensible to me. The time till you can pm change especially as it was a consistent query from new users.

#8 rich witch

rich witch

๋‚ด ๋ง˜ Forever Yours

• 13,631 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:40 AM

Maybe I got distracted by your sig. It could be all your fault ijs.ย https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

ย 

tumblr_pdbix5DtiB1uabnito6_250.gif

ย 

consider yourself forgiven

#9 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• Nice
  • 40,605 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:48 AM

5ZMOeCp.gif?1

Thank you for the rules update lovestruck.png

#10 FactMan

FactMan

Known as UnknownFact

• Tech Admin
  • 4,556 posts
  • LocationFacts only.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:50 AM

Wait what when amgplz.png

hurrplz.png

#11 LaLisaMakesUSingLaaa

LaLisaMakesUSingLaaa

BLiNKeu

• Naughty
  • 355 posts
  • LocationHidden In Lisa's Bangs

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:51 AM (Edited by LaLisaMakesUSingLaaa, 04 December 2018 - 03:52 AM.)

Thanks !

#12 Sooyoung's Wife

Sooyoung's Wife

fight me

• Nice
  • 3,941 posts
  • LocationHure fรผr meine Frau โ™ก

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:56 AM

is my location too inappropriate now cuz it has a bad word

#13 Pineapple

Pineapple

๐Ÿ

• The Nation's Admins
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

is my location too inappropriate now cuz it has a bad word

You're fine. It's more along the lines of some mini graphic novels that were popping up in locations, which are too much. 

#14 choiyujins

choiyujins

Global Superstar

• OH! Press
  • 5,859 posts
  • Location๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ 9

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:18 AM

Seems fair, thanks for the revisions!

#15 Sooyoung's Wife

Sooyoung's Wife

fight me

• Nice
  • 3,941 posts
  • LocationHure fรผr meine Frau โ™ก

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

You're fine. It's more along the lines of some mini graphic novels that were popping up in locations, which are too much. 

i see, thanks!

#16 Church Oppa

Church Oppa

neoreul saranghaneun jjijiri jjijiri

• Nice
  • 6,035 posts
  • Location4 drinks im wasted

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:35 AM

oh worm

5ZMOeCp.gif?1

#17 sergel

sergel

Superstar

• Nice
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:41 AM

he archiving section reminded me though, are there still plans for moving to a new server? I know there were issues earlier in the year and you guys had to turn off the search function.

Kind of related to that, but is there any current rule of double posting in the same thread? I've noticed, especially on artists threads, it'll be one person posting multiple posts in less than 24 hours. I know some forums i go to have rules against it because of spam or server load or something, wondering if there was any here.

#18 Pineapple

Pineapple

๐Ÿ

• The Nation's Admins
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

he archiving section reminded me though, are there still plans for moving to a new server? I know there were issues earlier in the year and you guys had to turn off the search function.

Kind of related to that, but is there any current rule of double posting in the same thread? I've noticed, especially on artists threads, it'll be one person posting multiple posts in less than 24 hours. I know some forums i go to have rules against it because of spam or server load or something, wondering if there was any here.

It's still something in the works that we want to do, but it's a slow process. When there is something/any progress worthy of being announced we will definitely do so. 

We do already have spam rules in place, which apply throughout the forum. Posts need to have an hour between them if made back to back by the same user, and no one else has posted. We do, however, understand that with the image limit per post that sometimes users will reach the limit of 15 in their post, and need to make another to continue the images. Users need to be maxing out their allowed images per post with this though.  

Double Posts - 0 Points + Other sanctions

1st offense - 0 point warning log - โ€œverbal warningโ€
2nd offense - 1 point.
3rd+ offense - 1 point + posting rights removed (1 day)

Please Note:

• Accidental Double Posting is excusable. Please take the initiative to report your own accidental double posts so a moderator may merge the posts for you.
  • Double Posting in the Random section usually does not warrant a warning at all unless excessive.
  • If you post twice in a row, but your previous post was 1 hour before, it is not considered double posting.
  • If you post within 1 minute of your last post, it will automatically merge your posts together.

#19 Liliana

Liliana

๐—•๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜„๐—ฒ ๐—ข๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฎ๐—ป

• Naughty
  • 8,136 posts
  • Locationone cannot step twice in the same river

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:24 AM (Edited by Liliana, 04 December 2018 - 07:24 AM.)

Thank you, and omg yes to the subsections for the Chinese entertainment :ohbi:

#20 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• Hall OH Fame
  • 21,766 posts
  • LocationWaiting for Somi to debut!

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:34 AM (Edited by Delphine, 04 December 2018 - 07:36 AM.)

Good job guys, loving things so far!

(although the fact that we need new rules to the unpopular opinion thread kinda makes me laugh, I guess people were really after the validation of the upvote system in the ancient bashing thread, and that now it's gone, they can get the validation for their shitty opinion no more and seek it elsewhere, it's funny)

Also wondering what's going on with OH 2.0, if it's still a thing happening or if the tech admins are more into fixing this forum after all. We haven't had an update on that part for a very long time now, hence my curiosity.

EDIT: nvm saw Pineapple's answer. Heh, a bit sad that it's taking so long, wondering if it'll ever come to fruition, wew.

Up, Up and Away!