OneHallyu

Chinese beach resort left ruined by 362 tonnes of garbage

• Dameisha Beach Park received some 480,000 tourists in the past three days during the Dragon Boat Festival
  • They ruined the 160,000-square-metre beach with 362 tonnes of garbage

If you thought litter had become an intolerable problem on our beaches, spare a thought for these holidaymakers.

They arrived for a day out at Dameisha Beach Park in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province, only to be greeted by 362 tonnes of garbage.

The 160,000-square-metre beach is now a chaotic scene of discarded food and drinks packages, broken sun mats and inflatable toys.

The trash was left behind by some 480,000 visitors who attended the Dragon Boat Festival holiday.

article-2647256-1E74729700000578-236_964

+11

If you thought litter had become an intolerable problem on our beaches, spare a thought for these holidaymakers

article-2647256-1E74716F00000578-723_964

+11

They arrived for a day out at Dameisha Beach Park in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province, only to be greeted by 362 tonnes of garbage

article-2647256-1E74718300000578-902_964

+11

The 160,000-square-metre beach is now a chaotic scene of discarded food and drinks packages, broken sun mats and inflatable toys

article-2647256-1E74725700000578-752_964

+11

A girl sits on a rubber ring in the middle of the rubbish on the beach in Shenzhen

article-2647256-1E74726700000578-530_964

The trash was left behind by some 480,000 visitors who attended the Dragon Boat Festival holiday

article-2647256-1E74726B00000578-571_964

Although he is surrounded by rubbish this man was happy to dig himself a hole, cover up with sand and have a little nap

article-2647256-1E74726F00000578-185_964

A sun-seeker walks across the beach which is strewn with litter. The task of cleaning it up will prove to be mammoth

article-2647256-1E74727700000578-904_964

A man cleans the beach covered by garbage left by previous tourists. The task will prove to be lengthy as the beach is covered with rubbish and most visitors are adding to it by dropping items on the ground

article-2647256-1E74728E00000578-69_964x

This girl does not look too upset by the messy conditions on the beach as she lays in the sun with a spare rubber ring for shade

article-2647256-1E7472CB00000578-930_964

It is not just China's beaches which have a rubbish problem - their public transport is often inundated with trash on the floor

article-2647256-1E7472EB00000578-578_964

Much of the rubbish were sun mats which were left behind by festival goers who could not be bothered to pick them up when the fun ended

BTW, 25th Anniversary of Tianamen Square Protest! June 4

#mess

#literally

and as a chinese person myself, i am deeply disgusted by these people...

even worse is, theyre from my province  :>_>:  :>_>:  :>_>:  :>_>:

its things like this that make people think that chinese people have no manners, are dirty, and look like monkeys.

UGH. have a little self respect, seriously.

just remember there are classy chinese ppl out there lol

I'm actually more disturbed by the people who came to a beach littered with garbage and were like "Well. Whatcha gonna do? We wanted to go to the beach and there's trash all over. Let's just walk through it and sit down."

My first thought would have been something like "Wow. Look at all that trash. So where else do I want to spend my day cuz I sure as hell am not going onto that beach."

everyone pretty much already summed up my thoughts on this. And these people they are just ignoring everything, like it's not their problem. Because who has time to deal with environmental problems and how we're going to change our planet into a garbage can... ain't nobody got time for dat.

#mess

#literally

its things like this that make people think that chinese people have no manners, are dirty, and look like monkeys.

when you go on vacation, the last thing you wanna do is clean up mess that isn't yours, lol. 

#mess

#literally

They may look like monkeys, but look at that man's nalgas :ahmagah:  in the first picture :donthinkso: , ... what goes around comes around btw :ninja:

They may look like monkeys, but look at that man's nalgas :ahmagah:  in the first picture :donthinkso: , ... what goes around comes around btw :ninja:

WE DONT LOOK LIKE MONKEYS LOL im just saying its a stereotype (a really bad one) and these people are reinforcing it by being trashy (like.... in the literal sense of the word)

and what are nalgas lol

when you go on vacation, the last thing you wanna do is clean up mess that isn't yours, lol. 

As much as I would love to agree with you I just can't, because even though it is rubbish created by other people I still wouldn't be able to just sit next to it and enjoy my time there. Not only is this harming the environment it is also devaluing my time travelling there , so iI would be actually inclined to at least clean my area. This does not mean that the your opinion is wrong or invalid in anyway , as you are right the people that created the mess are at fault. Sadly none has time to blame someone that isn't there , but change starts with you and people might feel guilty if they leave rubbish after them ones they saw you clean.

WE DONT LOOK LIKE MONKEYS LOL im just saying its a stereotype (a really bad one) and these people are reinforcing it by being trashy (like.... in the literal sense of the word)

and what are nalgas lol

Nalgas are booty :ahmagah: , look at that man's behind :megusta: ; yeah I know, I like Aaron Yan :lub:

This makes me so mad. The utter disregard for hygiene and manners is appalling. 

Tbh this is just one of the many problems with modern China's society. I'm not saying all Chinese people are like this but China has a huge population and with that, naturally a huge number of people who act so fucking rude and uncivilized. Among the people there seems to be this general notion that they're above everything, that they can do whatever they want. Trash a public space? Not their place, not their problem. Selfishness, greed and apathy are rampant meanwhile those who do uphold good morals and values get pushed to the back or silenced if they speak out. 

What really grates on my nerves is that there's nothing to induce major societal change to get them to self-reflect and improve themselves. How could they when they've been raised for generations in an environment that fosters this kind of behavior? Hell when even government officials who are supposed to set the example of good citizen behavior are corrupt to the core and act in the same disgraceful manner? How are they suppose to change for the better when they see so many people around them doing those things and there barely has been any effort to educate and reform? 

It makes me sad to think I'll probably never live long enough to see China abolish the CCP and go through all the social changes needed to get their country and people back on track. 

to see China abolish the CCP and go through all the social changes needed to get their country and people back on track. 

yes pls

this is why chinese people with at least some sort of class try and move out of the country LOL (not to say that there arent anymore people with class in china)

Archived