13 replies to this topic

#1 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Bull$Eyes, the producer, definitely is Korean. Korean investment has reached Cambodian music industry.

#2 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,090 posts
  • Location⋆ fᵤₗₗ ₜᵢₘₑ ₘᵢᵣₐCₗₑ⋆ ◌ ◡ ◌ ⋆

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

interesting!

so is this khpop? :3

#3 UMJI MOODS

UMJI MOODS

Legend

• Nice
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationAll over

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

Cute.

#4 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• Nice
  • 40,985 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

lovely lovestruck.png

#5 KorAm

KorAm

Star

• Nice
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

Very cute. Khmer pop!

#6 1234Em

1234Em

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

Years ago when Kpop first exposure and popular, some internet idiots came up with a ridiculous East Asian superior race theory, as long as someone has features or looks like Korean idols will be classified as East Asian superior race. These days with the right makeup, everyone can look like Korean. These Khmer girls may not look 100% like Korean but 80% with the makeup. I wonder those idiots who came up with the East Asian superior race theory has to say when they watch this MV. laugh.png

#7 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:08 AM

interesting!

so is this khpop? :3

Khmer pop has not established well enough to get official acronym. Even the term "Khmer pop" is not official. Some may call it Cambodian pop.

Years ago when Kpop first exposure and popular, some internet idiots came up with a ridiculous East Asian superior race theory, as long as someone has features or looks like Korean idols will be classified as East Asian superior race. These days with the right makeup, everyone can look like Korean. These Khmer girls may not look 100% like Korean but 80% with the makeup. I wonder those idiots who came up with the East Asian superior race theory has to say when they watch this MV. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

They will say they can easily see these girls aren't East Asian. Most South East Asians can tell by the look they aren't Korean, aren't East Asian.

#8 1234Em

1234Em

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:45 PM (Edited by 1234Em, 18 November 2018 - 06:49 PM.)

Khmer pop has not established well enough to get official acronym. Even the term "Khmer pop" is not official. Some may call it Cambodian pop.

They will say they can easily see these girls aren't East Asian. Most South East Asians can tell by the look they aren't Korean, aren't East Asian.

East Asian is a geographical term for people living in the East part of Asia. Genetically Chinese's distance to Korean and Japanese. Korean's is also slightly different compared to Japanese. The same is said to Mongolian genetics. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Mongolian are not one race as some idiots trying to sell the term East Asian race because there isn't one.  East Asian (people live in the East of Asia) is not any superior than South East Asian. There are rich countries such as Japan and South Korean, however, Mongolia and North Korea economies are rather poor, even China GDP is lower than Singapore and Malaysia.

The theory East Asian superior race is rather a joke. I don't know who invented the theory, it's laughable and still a lot of people buying into this idea and think it's relevance. In case you don't know, Vietnamese mtDNA closer to Mongolian than Chinese, let stop here I don't want to dig deep into DNA topic. 

#9 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

East Asian is a geographical term for people living in the East part of Asia. Genetically Chinese's distance to Korean and Japanese. Korean's is also slightly different compared to Japanese. The same is said to Mongolian genetics. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Mongolian are not one race as some idiots trying to sell the term East Asian race because there isn't one.  East Asian (people live in the East of Asia) is not any superior than South East Asian. There are rich countries such as Japan and South Korean, however, Mongolia and North Korea economies are rather poor, even China GDP is lower than Singapore and Malaysia.

The theory East Asian superior race is rather a joke. I don't know who invented the theory, it's laughable and still a lot of people buying into this idea and think it's relevance. In case you don't know, Vietnamese mtDNA closer to Mongolian than Chinese, let stop here I don't want to dig deep into DNA topic. 

Of course, East Asian is not a race as human races can be divided into

- Caucasoid

- Mongoloid

- Negroid

- Capoid

- Australoid

Almost all of East and South East Asian peoples fall into Mongoloid blanket and can be further divided into darker and sharper Proto-Mongoloid dominating South East Asia and whiter and flatter Neo-Mongoloid dominating East Asia.

Whether Neo-Mongoloid is superior is purely subjective. Still, there are clearly objective differences between the 2 which you can look up in anthropological documents.

I have no idea what Vietnamese has to do with Cambodian and I doubt that all every Viets fall into the same genetic group.

#10 KorAm

KorAm

Star

• Nice
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

I’m sorry but that is a strange rant out of nowhere. Please point out a thread here at OH or anywhere else that talks about East Asian “superiority” so I would know what the hell you are talking about.

The only time people mention “East Asia” from what I could tell is in the context of where Korea is ethnically and culturally. We are East Asians and part of the sinosphere (chopsticks, hanja/kanji, etc.) Why should this be controversial at all? Koreans in general have our issues wirh Japanese and Chinese but they are our closest relatives ethnically and culturally so that is why they form the majority of the foreign idols in Kpop. And then combine that with the fact that they are the two biggest markets in Asia by far.

I have no idea whether Vietnamese are closer to Mongols or not but there are no mongols in Kpop (that I know of) either so they are in the same boat as Vietnamese.

This kind of rant comes from people who think Korea is obligated to cast people from everywhere. But people everywhere tend to gravitate towards people whom they have ethnic and cultural affinity with. Look at Hollywood and British actors. Kpop is becoming more diverse anyways withThai idols leading that wave. But there is no obligation here.

#11 1234Em

1234Em

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:17 PM (Edited by 1234Em, 19 November 2018 - 10:19 PM.)

I’m sorry but that is a strange rant out of nowhere. Please point out a thread here at OH or anywhere else that talks about East Asian “superiority” so I would know what the hell you are talking about.

The only time people mention “East Asia” from what I could tell is in the context of where Korea is ethnically and culturally. We are East Asians and part of the sinosphere (chopsticks, hanja/kanji, etc.) Why should this be controversial at all? Koreans in general have our issues wirh Japanese and Chinese but they are our closest relatives ethnically and culturally so that is why they form the majority of the foreign idols in Kpop. And then combine that with the fact that they are the two biggest markets in Asia by far.

I have no idea whether Vietnamese are closer to Mongols or not but there are no mongols in Kpop (that I know of) either so they are in the same boat as Vietnamese.

This kind of rant comes from people who think Korea is obligated to cast people from everywhere. But people everywhere tend to gravitate towards people whom they have ethnic and cultural affinity with. Look at Hollywood and British actors. Kpop is becoming more diverse anyways withThai idols leading that wave. But there is no obligation here.

Unless you came from Mars that you don't know about the ridiculous theory "East Asian as a superior race over SEA" which has been running all over the internet for years, invented by some idiots who try to classify anyone who has Kpop idol looks as East Asian. I don't disagree that Korean, Chinese, Japanese share culture similarities but genetic closest is far from fact. Tibetan and even Burmese genetic closer to the Chinese than Korean and Burmese is SEA, Tibetan culture has a culture similar to that of Indian.

I am not here to debate with you whether that theory came from people in this forum. It just happened that it made me laugh when it crossed my mind after watching the Khmer pop MV above, these Khmer girls put on Korean makeup they look 80% Korean and the guys look 90% Korean. What that means is the theory East Asian is a race laughable.

#12 KorAm

KorAm

Star

• Nice
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:02 AM (Edited by KorAm, 20 November 2018 - 01:09 AM.)

Unless you came from Mars that you don't know about the ridiculous theory "East Asian as a superior race over SEA" which has been running all over the internet for years, invented by some idiots who try to classify anyone who has Kpop idol looks as East Asian. I don't disagree that Korean, Chinese, Japanese share culture similarities but genetic closest is far from fact. Tibetan and even Burmese genetic closer to the Chinese than Korean and Burmese is SEA, Tibetan culture has a culture similar to that of Indian.

I am not here to debate with you whether that theory came from people in this forum. It just happened that it made me laugh when it crossed my mind after watching the Khmer pop MV above, these Khmer girls put on Korean makeup they look 80% Korean and the guys look 90% Korean. What that means is the theory East Asian is a race laughable.

Ok but this sounds like a bizzare and weird argument out of nowhere when East Asia is a pretty well established ethnic and cultural entity.

When people say East Asia Korea, Japan and China immediately come to mind and there is an expectation of what their peoples would look like.

Just like Southeast Asia as a term would bring up countries south of China and expectations of different physical looks.

#13 1234Em

1234Em

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:07 PM (Edited by 1234Em, 24 November 2018 - 11:21 PM.)

Ok but this sounds like a bizzare and weird argument out of nowhere when East Asia is a pretty well established ethnic and cultural entity.

When people say East Asia Korea, Japan and China immediately come to mind and there is an expectation of what their peoples would look like.

Just like Southeast Asia as a term would bring up countries south of China and expectations of different physical looks.

I don't see how Singaporean looks much different from those Chinese since 73% Singapore population are Chinese. Same as Tibetan and Burmese they are genetically closer to Chinese than Korean. So, you expect that Chinese looks more like Korean than Singaporean, Tibetan, and Burmese from SEA? Is that your argument?  Laughable.

I have not mentioned Thai, the majority of their population are Tai. They are closest to those Tai, Zhuang Yunnan which now part of China, and assimilated considered as Chinese.

To me, when someone mentioned about East Asian, are those come from East part of Asia included Mongolia and Taiwan and not Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines ...etc. How these people look not any unique than those who live in certain countries in South East Asia. 

When talking about the term East Asia/East Asian, try to set your mind the geographical the people live rather than how the people look.

#14 KorAm

KorAm

Star

• Nice
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

I don't see how Singaporean looks much different from those Chinese since 73% Singapore population are Chinese. Same as Tibetan and Burmese they are genetically closer to Chinese than Korean. So, you expect that Chinese looks more like Korean than Singaporean, Tibetan, and Burmese from SEA? Is that your argument?  Laughable.

I have not mentioned Thai, the majority of their population are Tai. They are closest to those Tai, Zhuang Yunnan which now part of China, and assimilated considered as Chinese.

To me, when someone mentioned about East Asian, are those come from East part of Asia included Mongolia and Taiwan and not Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines ...etc. How these people look not any unique than those who live in certain countries in South East Asia. 

When talking about the term East Asia/East Asian, try to set your mind the geographical the people live rather than how the people look.

I still have no idea what point you are trying to make with Singapore, Tibet and Burma. All those people could be related to Chinese more than Koreans but that still doesn’t change the fact that foreign idols in K-ent are mainly Chinese (and Japanese) because they are close in looks and culture. If you don’t want to call it East Asia, it is up to you.

The natural affinity is there so the interactions between Korea and China/Japan is many multiples greater than those with SEA whether it is business, education or entertainment.

Again, with Thais, Korea is diversifying anyways. East Asia as a whole is diversifying. China has two Thais in its nation gg.

Instead of complaining about some “superiority” bullshit that no one brought up (except you) the growing number of Thais in East Asian puts lie to your paranoia. If the looks and market value are there then Korea will accept them.

Up, Up and Away!