10 replies to this topic

#1 RainStormRaider

RainStormRaider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationThe Arctic

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

I heard Kanye didn't have an official thread. Here you go. You're welcome.

kanye-west-2011.jpg

Kanye Omari West (/ˈkɑːnj/; born June 8, 1977) is an American hip hop recording artist, songwriter, record producer, film director, entrepreneur and fashion designer. West first gained prominence as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records; he achieved recognition for his work on rapper Jay-Z's The Blueprint (2001), as well as hit singles for musical artists including Alicia Keys, Ludacris, and Janet Jackson. His style of production originally used high-pitched vocal samples from soul songs incorporated with his own drums and instruments. He later broadened his influences to include 1970s R&B, baroque pop, trip hop, arena rock, folk, alternative, electronica, synthpop, industrial, and classical music.

West was raised in a middle-class household in Chicago, Illinois, and began rapping in the third grade, becoming involved in the city's hip hop scene. West attended art school for one semester before dropping out to pursue music entirely in the late 1990s. Although his real desire was to become a rapper, record executives did not take West seriously, viewing him as a producer first and foremost. After being signed to Roc-A-Fella in 2002, West released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004 to commercial and critical acclaim. The baroque-inspired Late Registration followed in 2005, and Graduation in 2007. West switched rapping for singing on his emotive 2008 effort 808's & Heartbreak, and embraced maximalism on 2010's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Following several collaborations, West released his abrasive sixth album, Yeezus, in 2013.

West is one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 87 million records (21 million albums and 66 million digital downloads).[1] He has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all-time and the most Grammy-awarded artist of his age.[2]Time has named West one of the 100 most influential people in the world. He has also been included in a number of Forbes annual lists.[3] Three of his albums rank on Rolling Stone's 2012 "the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list.

West's background and style, from his debut album, deviated from the then-dominant "gangsta" persona in hip hop, and he would later alter the genre stylistically as rappers adopted his alternative aesthetic. An outspoken and controversial celebrity, West has often been the source of incidents at award shows. His interest in fashion has also attracted media attention and differentiates West from other artists. West runs his own record label GOOD Music and has directed several short films.

Source Wikipedia

Post the cover of your fave Kanye album and the YT clip of your fave song.

Discuss in detail how Yeezus has touched you.

#2 versace

versace

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,217 posts
  • LocationOnly Here For The Night

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

00-kanye_west-my_beautiful_dark_twisted_
I love Yeezy coz his ego is as big as his talent

#3 GodBot

GodBot

Hermit

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:00 AM (Edited by Mao, 03 June 2014 - 01:01 AM.)

People need to stop hatin and listen to his old stuff

#4 KinkySanta

KinkySanta

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:31 AM (Edited by KinkySanta, 03 June 2014 - 01:32 AM.)

I find it hard to pick a favorite Yeezy album. This is my favorite song by him. I remember in 8th grade the teacher in my math class would have Graduation on while we did our work. Back then I would listen to this song every morning. I was having a really rough year in 2008 and this song would always motivate me. 

#5 allkpop-user

allkpop-user

전민주

• PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

kanye-west-kanye-east.jpg

#6 TheOfficialPimpwife

TheOfficialPimpwife

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts
  • Locationthuggingwidmaboyzxx

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

u cant be serious with this shit

#7 Sana Muñequita Linda

Sana Muñequita Linda

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts
  • LocationDublin (Ireland)

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

art-353-kanye-yeezus-300x0.jpg

It costed me barely 10€ in physical format  :derp:

I can't decide on a fave track, his repertoire is gold, but this MASSIVE collab is MASSIVE. A masterpiece of rap, imho.

And Rain, my baby, my dear, I can't be more grateful to you for expanding the YE in this forum  :rlytearpls:

#8 RainStormRaider

RainStormRaider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationThe Arctic

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

u cant be serious with this shit

Yep. pretty serious.

He is ICONIC.

#9 Sana Muñequita Linda

Sana Muñequita Linda

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

I read somewhere that Kanye's talent is as big as his arrogance. To be honest, I prefer arrogance when people actually have something very valuable such as music talent and savoir-faire. It's not that I'm interested in being friends with him, but his music shows me that he's one of the best rap acts that my ears have ever listened.

#10 RainStormRaider

RainStormRaider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationThe Arctic

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

RAISING THIS THREAD FROM THE DEAD.

THE TIME OF THE YE IS ALMOST UPON US INFIDELS.

BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD CHILDREN OF ZION.

AND BE TOUCHED BY DIVINITY.

#11 Sana Muñequita Linda

Sana Muñequita Linda

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Yesssssss!!!!! *^*

http://numerocero.es...io-all-day/5559

^ ALL DAY's studio version y'all!