Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Has anyone here ever done any aesthetic procedures?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

I'm thinking of getting temporary lip fillers but my parents freak out even when I try to just discuss it with them. I'm already 22 and I've been independent of them for a long time but I still feel a little uneasy doing it without them being on board with it too; I want my parents to have my back in these things. I want to discuss it with them and explain that these days it's really not that dangerous but they freak out when I even try to bring it up and won't talk about it.

Does anybody have any tips on how I can discuss this with my parents? I feel like they should know I'm really not a person who takes decisions lightly, certainly not like this, and I'm definitely a planner so I'm a little disappointed they react like this; it's as if they think I'm dumb/naive.

#2 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Locationt e m p o

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:16 PM

90% of the people on social media who got lip fillers, look like they don't need it imo. It looks pretty obvious when you get it done. But if you want, I would just do it since you're independent...

#3 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

90% of the people on social media who got lip fillers, look like they don't need it imo. It looks pretty obvious when you get it done. But if you want, I would just do it since you're independent...

I have really small lips, otherwise I wouldn't get them done haha. I've also looked at a lot of pictures online; if you stick to 1ml or less a good doctor can give you a natural effect. I will do it eventually; I just really wish I could do it without knowing that my parents will be very... I don't even know how to put it, cross/disappointed with me? After I do it. Perhaps they won't even notice, since I'm not home that often.

#4 HoneyPopCupcake

HoneyPopCupcake

Wooshin's hair

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationSecret Garden

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

I agree with the user saying most people who get that done don't even need it. Your parents are just probably worried thinking you have self esteem issues or lack of confidence, if that's not the case then let them know

#5 โœน BBIBBI โœน

โœน BBIBBI โœน

๐–๐–Ž๐–’๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–†๐–๐–

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:22 PM (Edited by โœน BBIBBI โœน, 08 November 2018 - 03:24 PM.)

my nose is done because it's cheaper in hong kong to get cosmetic procedures and i'm really happy with it! 

*my bad i forgot to mention my parents reaction. they were fine with it because it wasn't a major procedure and knew it was something i was uncomfortable with for a long time. it came down to saving and talking it out with them for about six months?

#6 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

my nose is done because it's cheaper in hong kong to get cosmetic procedures and i'm really happy with it! 

*my bad i forgot to mention my parents reaction. they were fine with it because it wasn't a major procedure and knew it was something i was uncomfortable with for a long time. it came down to saving and talking it out with them for about six months?

Nice! I think my parents would go nuts if I considered getting my nose done haha. But I'm happy you were able to have a good experience <3 how did other people around you react, like your friends and stuff?

#7 โœน BBIBBI โœน

โœน BBIBBI โœน

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

Nice! I think my parents would go nuts if I considered getting my nose done haha. But I'm happy you were able to have a good experience <3 how did other people around you react, like your friends and stuff?

I got mine done at 21 (I'm 24 now) so it was actually ~*cool*~ to my friends. Now that I've graduated I do find that people I meet now in my job who are older tend to be a bit more judgemental and say I'm too young for cosmetic work.  

#8 Korean Disney Princess

Korean Disney Princess

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

girl are you sure you even really need it? learn to love your features

#9 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:42 PM

girl are you sure you even really need it? learn to love your features

Very few people need a procedure like lip fillers... I am just very curious what I would look like with them; I feel like my current lips are too thin and if they were a bit fuller it'd balance out my features more nicely. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the way I look rn, I just feel like it would make me look even better. I work out and I sometimes put on make-up as well.. doesn't mean I don't feel as comfortable not doing those things.

I got mine done at 21 (I'm 24 now) so it was actually ~*cool*~ to my friends. Now that I've graduated I do find that people I meet now in my job who are older tend to be a bit more judgemental and say I'm too young for cosmetic work.  

That's interesting! I feel like my friends would be judgemental as well, sigh. How do you deal with people being negative about your decision to get work done?

#10 โœน BBIBBI โœน

โœน BBIBBI โœน

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

Very few people need a procedure like lip fillers... I am just very curious what I would look like with them; I feel like my current lips are too thin and if they were a bit fuller it'd balance out my features more nicely. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the way I look rn, I just feel like it would make me look even better. I work out and I sometimes put on make-up as well.. doesn't mean I don't feel as comfortable not doing those things.

ย 

That's interesting! I feel like my friends would be judgemental as well, sigh. How do you deal with people being negative about your decision to get work done?

ย 

Actually a girl who I thought was a friend messaged another mutual friend of ours pointing out how fake it looked in an Instagram photo I posted LOL. I won't lie, it was upsetting for awhile and I was scared to post photos of myself but then I realized she was just one negative person. Watch the K-Drama My ID is Gangnam Beauty, it's super good and pokes fun (and discusses) this stuff in a good wayย smile.png

#11 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:59 PM

Actually a girl who I thought was a friend messaged another mutual friend of ours pointing out how fake it looked in an Instagram photo I posted LOL. I won't lie, it was upsetting for awhile and I was scared to post photos of myself but then I realized she was just one negative person. Watch the K-Drama My ID is Gangnam Beauty, it's super good and pokes fun (and discusses) this stuff in a good wayย https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

ย 

Jfc why do people feel the need to be terrible like that? I'm sure your nose is snatchedT! Thank you for your comments, you've made me feel a little more secure about my decision anyhow <3

#12 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Locationt e m p o

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

Try an editing app and make your lips bigger to see what you look like, and learn to overline your lips?

#13 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Try an editing app and make your lips bigger to see what you look like, and learn to overline your lips?

Been there, done that lol. I know people say that make-up can make a big difference but when your lips are as tiny as mine, make-up can only go so far plus it wears off during the day... and I'm not a big make-up person anyhow. Plus fillers are different because they actually stretch the skin of your lips, so it looks different than when you simply apply make-up.

#14 changemysoul

changemysoul

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationIn Wonderful Land

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

I saw go for it! I havenโ€™t had anything done but if itโ€™s something you want and youโ€™re doing it for you then itโ€™s fine. As long as there isnโ€™t outside pressure ( friends, family, media & etc ) and your in a good place mentally! Do it.

#15 RiseLikeACrowTit

RiseLikeACrowTit

If It Can Be Destroyed By The Truth, It Deserves To Be Destroyed

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationArgentina!

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

Yes, I sleep

Spoiler

don't do it

#16 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:17 PM (Edited by Yoonability, 08 November 2018 - 05:17 PM.)

Yes, I sleep

ย 

don't do it

ย 

Sis is that actually you in a meme?

ย 

If it is you have lips ok you can't tell me not to do it when you haven't felt my pain!!

#17 RiseLikeACrowTit

RiseLikeACrowTit

If It Can Be Destroyed By The Truth, It Deserves To Be Destroyed

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationArgentina!

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

Sis is that actually you in a meme?

ย 

If it is you have lips ok you can't tell me not to do it when you haven't felt my pain!!

Yes it's me, and I can tell still tell you no, there's many horrors circulating the internet how botched ps sis!, if anything buy me botox ohpressor.png

#18 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Yes it's me, and I can tell still tell you no, there's many horrors circulating the internet how botched ps sis!, if anything buy me botox https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

ย 

I've really tried to find stories about these filler particularly going bad but honestly there's not much to find... any problems seem to be with permanent fillers (or semi-permanent) and these are forbidden in my country anyway. The clinic I've chosen has existed for 16 years and the procedures are done by a plastic surgeon of 10 years so... I have confidence.ย dave.png

ย 

Come with me sisT! We will get a package dealย idontthinksobetchplz.png

#19 silicon soul

silicon soul

The Soshi Avenger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • Location8======D ~~ <('o'<)

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

One of my friends had Botox on her forehead and around her eyes. For ages she looked like she was starting into our soul because everything was so stiff. I don't know them personally but a friend of a friend had nose job and it looked ok sheet the procedure but they kept going back for more and now it's so long and skinny it looks like it drop off any minute

The best prodecure was on one of work colleagues. He had a huge bald patch on the very top of his head, supposedl he had it since college and people kept making fun of him. He did a hair transplant and apart from the like first 2ish months of it looking like he was wearing a toupe it now looks really well done. If your didn't know you'd never notice he was ever bald.

#20 Yoonability

Yoonability

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

One of my friends had Botox on her forehead and around her eyes. For ages she looked like she was starting into our soul because everything was so stiff. I don't know them personally but a friend of a friend had nose job and it looked ok sheet the procedure but they kept going back for more and now it's so long and skinny it looks like it drop off any minute

The best prodecure was on one of work colleagues. He had a huge bald patch on the very top of his head, supposedl he had it since college and people kept making fun of him. He did a hair transplant and apart from the like first 2ish months of it looking like he was wearing a toupe it now looks really well done. If your didn't know you'd never notice he was ever bald.

Yeah I know some people that also do Youtube and when I saw them irl their botox looked really weird.. I think botox often gives that uncanny valley effect. My nephew also got that hair transplant when he was really upset he was going bald at a young age. It was expensive af but it looks beautiful, like you said you'd never have known he lost his hair.

Up, Up and Away!