#21 johnnyrose

johnnyrose

A H G A S E ™

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts
  • Locationrosie loves doki + NINI Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

basically ari's manager accused kris of using bots

itunes looked into it and found that cfans had used vps (vpns aren't bots btw, it means the sales are real but they shouldn't have been counted on itunes chart)

btw kris had nothing to do with the vpns, it was the fans' choice (apparently it was a birthday project?? idk)

itunes removed the vpns, kris fell on the chart, universal music china issues statement saying that they'll take legal action for ppl who continue to attack kris

ari's manager starts acting all nice and pretends he wasn't one of the ppl to start everything in the first place

Oh lol. :lol: thanks lu. :lovestruck:

#22 JuminHan

JuminHan

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Locationin the black parade

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

Braun spreading fake news to people hate on Kris instead if investigating the reason, also assuming that a Chinese singer didn't have enough fans to have him on #1 US itunes charts... karma will come for you, man.

#23 Wendii

Wendii

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

Bots/Chinese vpn same difference... The fact is his sales were fraudulent as his fans manipulated a US chart!

They've BEEN doing it every release, hence the reason he never charts even after being number 1 on iTunes for ever a week. Same with most Chinese artist.. I can't believe y'all getting worked up over the word "bots"

Also that "lawsuit" would of never held up in court!

#24 PinkCake

PinkCake

💟

• PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationDo you believe in time travel?

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

A genuine question: who is SINA and why Chinese fans were putting the blame on them?

#25 TENTASTIC

TENTASTIC

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationLOOΠΔVERSE

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

To kind of sum it up: 

Scooter: Kris Wu uses bots

Universal: Repeat that

Scooter: Repeat what?

Universal: You said Kris Wu uses bots

Scooter: I never said that

Nets: We got you on tape

Scooter: Kris is my friend

#26 mizuharaaya

mizuharaaya

Trainee

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationindonesia

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Kris wu didnt completely innocent, he know completely well that his Chinese fans cheating the iTunes chart because it happened many times,but he still bragging about it. And his label take advantage of it, his Chinese release always late than his global release. Scooter wrong for accusing artist using bot, but thanks to him, iTunes take notice and doing something

#27 Eremit

Eremit

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:16 PM

he shouldn't have said it was bots, but people act like he was wrong about Kris not topping the US chart organically. When they removed VPN sales Kris' sales fell way below Ariana, did fans think her team wouldn't be mad? He wasn't being racist in suggesting a Chinese singer didn't have enough fans in the US to block the biggest female popstar rn with a huge new streaming hit from topping the charts, he was...entirely correct. The only thing he was wrong about was to accuse Kris and his team of using bots, when it was the fanbase at fault. But he wasn't wrong about the chart being manipulated. People are just trying to conflate those issues like there wasn't major chart manipulation at work.

that said...why did they even release his song in the US before releasing it in China, where the majority of his fanbase is? shouldn't they have realised the fans would want to download it immediately and likely use VPN (like they did with his last releases)?

#28 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Locationt e m p o

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

Isn't it the manager that usually has to prevent their singer from being a messy bitch on social media? This time it's the manager being messy.. poor Ari.

#29 ℓuMing

ℓuMing

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Location~QUINTUPLE MILLION SELLERS EXO~

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Bots/Chinese vpn same difference... The fact is his sales were fraudulent as his fans manipulated a US chart!

They've BEEN doing it every release, hence the reason he never charts even after being number 1 on iTunes for ever a week. Same with most Chinese artist.. I can't believe y'all getting worked up over the word "bots"

Also that "lawsuit" would of never held up in court!

oh sorry that I get offended over people saying chinese fans = bots and that chinese artists can't do well without bots

if you're going to troll don't be sinophobic while doing so thanks

#30 daisyj6

daisyj6

Idol

• PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

he shouldn't have said it was bots, but people act like he was wrong about Kris not topping the US chart organically. When they removed VPN sales Kris' sales fell way below Ariana, did fans think her team wouldn't be mad? He wasn't being racist in suggesting a Chinese singer didn't have enough fans in the US to block the biggest female popstar rn with a huge new streaming hit from topping the charts, he was...entirely correct. The only thing he was wrong about was to accuse Kris and his team of using bots, when it was the fanbase at fault. But he wasn't wrong about the chart being manipulated. People are just trying to conflate those issues like there wasn't major chart manipulation at work.

that said...why did they even release his song in the US before releasing it in China, where the majority of his fanbase is? shouldn't they have realised the fans would want to download it immediately and likely use VPN (like they did with his last releases)?

True on your first part. It is indeed a case of chart manipulation. The thing I wanted to clarify with this post is that he did not use bots, nor purposefully orchestrated his fanbase to do so. This rumor really caught on, especially after the Tweet by Braun, and people attacked Kris left and right for "playing this dirty". Some people on this site believed it too/linked to Kris for the manipulation.

As for your second part... I think because they're trying to make him enter the US market? Not exactly sure how the logic works, but NCT did it too with the English release of "Regular" (which has 2x more views on YT than the Korean version, despite ppl always saying that Korean sounds better lmao). I guess if they released it first in China, the hype would be gone.

#31 BigToe

BigToe

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

So are all his releases first done in the u.s then china cause they always do this just this time was more extreme

#32 moneydew

moneydew

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:11 PM

True on your first part. It is indeed a case of chart manipulation. The thing I wanted to clarify with this post is that he did not use bots, nor purposefully orchestrated his fanbase to do so. This rumor really caught on, especially after the Tweet by Braun, and people attacked Kris left and right for "playing this dirty". Some people on this site believed it too/linked to Kris for the manipulation.

As for your second part... I think because they're trying to make him enter the US market? Not exactly sure how the logic works, but NCT did it too with the English release of "Regular" (which has 2x more views on YT than the Korean version, despite ppl always saying that Korean sounds better lmao). I guess if they released it first in China, the hype would be gone.

a bit of 'fake it till you make'? his team had to know that the sales weren't coming from the us, so it was probably a deliberate choice to release it in the us first, knowing fans would buy it. 

people are far more likely to check out a track that's topping the charts and they're technically not doing anything wrong.

#33 classiq

classiq

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:16 PM

Beautiful summary of the situation. scooter is trash but we've already known this

Up, Up and Away!