Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Lee

The Random Thought Thread

After some friends leave, just lurking and being busy. I guess I will consider to leave OH again with the upcoming things in my life.

After some friends leave, just lurking and being busy. I guess I will consider to leave OH again with the upcoming things in my life.

First day of my period is really hurt. Must bed rest :._.:

Can someone buy/bring me food please? :meow:

Can't sleep and my headache is ain't any better. I already lost many blood. Please rest :._.:

Ya Allah, berikan hamba kekuatan untuk melawan rasa sakit ini dan kesembuhan agar bisa menghadapi ujian sidang lusa nanti. (Amin)

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

lol i thought since you spoke spanish you were latino or something

Wa'alaikumusalam wa rahmatullahi wa barkaratuh.

Ich bin Deutsche ja warum auch :happy:

Give me German lesson please

Ternyata begitu banyak orang yang berada di sekitar saya yang mendukung dan menyemangati saya walaupun sebagian berada jauh dari pandangan. Hanya saja saya luput untuk melihatnya. Terimakasih atas semua dukungan dan doa kalian. I will be a better person.

That was from the 'Wolf' era.

Personality wise they are similar in ways where they are so comfortable with one another. I wish we could see more interactions between those two.

This. :rlytearpls: Edited by Ariya

If babies are in the womb for 9 months, why aren't they 9 years old when they are born?

Is the s or the c silent in scent?

Is there a certain reason the alphabet has to be in a certain order?

If Cinderella's shoe fit perfectly why did it fall off?

Is Ke$ha named Ke£ha in England?

What's the definition of definition?

What does water taste like?

If Apple made a car, would it still have windows?

You make my day :har: :har: :har:

If babies are in the womb for 9 months, why aren't they 9 years old when they are born?

Sure, technically. In some cultures (like certain Asian cultures), they count the time in the womb with your chronological birth age.

When it comes to babies in utero, there is an age of viability (the point at which a fetus can survive outside the womb). Before then, while it may definitely be alive, have a beating heart, and be human, for sure, it cannot survive outside of the mother's body. Since this point of viability is extremely variable depending on other criteria, the baby's age is typically not chronologically started until birth - despite the fact that they're living and existing before then.

There are also many cultures that believe the first breath of air is a very significant force for the beginning of "life", for lack of a more appropriate term. This belief may not have as much scientific background as much as cultural and spiritual, but it's very much ingrained in many people.

It's also after the actual physical birth of the child that everyone gets to truly meet them for the first time. It's not that they didn't exist before then (especially from the mother's perspective), but not being able to really see them, hold them, and meet them makes the birth a true "beginning" from many standpoints. Something can exist before then, but the real life experience of being truly human doesn't begin until they're out of the womb.

The birth process is also a very obvious date and time to count by. Conception/implantation/etc are much more difficult to pinpoint for a lot of women.

I know that I do remember the days that I found out I was pregnant. For me, that was truly the moment that everything started. However, I don't count the age of my children based on that day.

Is the s or the c silent in scent?

Here's what a google search brings up:

late Middle English (denoting the sense of smell): from Old French sentir ‘perceive, smell,’ from Latin sentire . The addition of -c- (in the 17th century) is unexplained.

So the c is silent and also shouldn't really be there.

The 'c' was probably added because that was the style at the time.

Originally a hunting term. The -c- appeared 17c., perhaps by influence of ascent, descent, etc., or by influence of science. This was a tendency in early Modern English, also in scythe and for a time threatening to make scite and scituate.

Is there a certain reason the alphabet has to be in a certain order?

The English alphabet comes from the Latin alphabet (it is even often still called the Latin alphabet), which in turn comes from the Greek alphabet. All modern alphabets are most probably in some way descended from the Proto-Sinaitic alphabet, which probably originated around 2100-1800 BC, but whose ordering is unknown. The Greek alphabet developed from Proto-Sinaitic through Phoenician. Many times in between Proto-Sinaitic and English, letters have been added and removed. W, U, and J are among the most recent additions, which did not exist in classical Latin.

It is unknown whether the earliest alphabets had a defined sequence. Some alphabets today, such as the Hanuno'o script, are learned one letter at a time, in no particular order, and are not used for collation where a definite order is required. However, a dozen Ugaritic tablets from the fourteenth century BCE preserve the alphabet in two sequences. One, the ABCDE order later used in Phoenician, has continued with minor changes in Hebrew, Greek, Armenian, Gothic, Cyrillic, and Latin; the other, HMĦLQ, was used in southern Arabia and is preserved today in Ethiopic.[16] Both orders have therefore been stable for at least 3000 years.

The first letters or proto-letters were taken by the Proto-Sinaitic alphabet from non-alphabetic Egyptian hieroglyphs, which were mostly ideograms, small depictions of objects. Note that these hieroglyphs were used in an entirely different way—the Egyptians didn't use them as alphabetical letters—, so that the order in Egyptian doesn't tell us much about the order in alphabets. Perhaps there was a logical sequence in those earliest forms, but that is unknown; it might very well be an arbitrary order. For all practical purposes, the modern order is best considered random, though fixed.

If Cinderella's shoe fit perfectly why did it fall off?

It was a slipper, implying that it can *slip* off. And she was running down a hugeass flight of stairs.

Is Ke$ha named Ke£ha in England?

the name was originated in america, so no

What's the definition of definition?

Search Results

def·i·ni·tion

ˌdefəˈniSHən/

noun

noun: definition; plural noun: definitions

a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.

What does water taste like?

water does not have any taste, but, how can you know? the taste of the water changes in glass, and plastic, and carton, and of course, the tap water has a different flavor because it comes all the way from the sky, through the underground tubes, and they may be metal, or plastic, but scientists figure it out when they drunk water in a spaceship, without gravity, the water was floating, without touching anything. hope this is helpful, good luck!

If Apple made a car, would it still have windows?

Their stores have them, so why not the cars.

I thought s/he's joking :derp:

I hope everything will be alright and it is not serious thing when I see the doctor tomorrow. But I kind traumatized with the fresh blood that I don't want to eat :._.: please it is not that serious.

One of the thing i really hate when having a fever is my taste bud taste nothing. All the foods i eat taste bland and bitter, now im no longer warm and hopefully by tomorrow my taste bud is back normal.

And it make you won't eat anything :._.:

How do you have a big ass argument on your birthday?

Happy birthday to you :)

Edited by Ariya

All the foods that I craved are forbidden for now. How can I endure this situation? :megusta:

If my conditions will still like this I will still feel doubt and insecure to apply for any jobs :._.:

i'm so depressed these days, can't focus, can't eat

I want someone to talk to, but everyone seems so happy with their lives I dont want to drag them down with my problems

not that I have anyone close enough to spill about these things

You can talk to me if you want

Don't be too depressed it's not good :._.:

Where is everyone when I need to talk to someone?

I hope you find someone to talk to.

Learning German for the first time. It's actually pretty easy.

Wait, didn't you come from Niederlande right? So it will be easy for you.

Do you ever feel hideous but you know you're not? Because it feels gross

---

I hope sim comes back. His posts were gold and I always anticipated seeing them

I thought Lee Sim/shim is Sim or not? :imstupid:

I screwed up my test so badly... it was so difficult

I read your post before. Hope you'll do well and healthy so you can do better next. :)

I got interview for part time job on Friday but I didn't have main job yet :megusta:

Thanks God for the existence of OH if not maybe I would get jailed (?) :imstupid:

I realized today that I truly do want to end my life sometimes.

The only things stopping me? The fact both of my parents are still alive and it would be devastating to them for me to die before them. And my lonely friend, whose circle would get smaller if I'd off myself. If these three people were gone I'd surely off myself during a bout of depression. My brother, other friends, and extended family would do fine without me.

Life is not always good, bad or plain/flat all the time. Sometime you will feel like you don't want to live anymore. But you will feel grateful you still alive to see this world not just the black and white.

sorry for replaying to you. Hope you don't mind. :)

I lost my confident for the next interview. :._.:

But I will still try it.