Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Lee

The Random Thought Thread

I have been having a nice time chilling out around the house.

I do not feel like going to any 4th of July celebrations tonight- I do not care if you bought me a ticket.

Get a car.

I always thought Hyorin could rap as well or better than some current female idol rappers.

I remember immortal song when she beat out one of my favs (iu).

Yeah she is multi-talented. If Jimin can do unpretty rapstar so can she.

Edited by bbangjyjbapshineelove

Yesterday, my aunt informs me that people are like pies.

One person could be 20% cheerful, 10% worrisome, etc. to make up a whole pie.

I thought that was an interesting way to look at people's personalities.

I asked her what my pie looked like, she said equal parts powerful and insecure.

Such a disappointing assessment.

You know a group is done for when the members start b*tching about their management, company/CEO, or fellow members publicly.

I don't believe most members/companies are like family - sort of delulu thinking (look at how a lot of these contracts are structured :omg: )

However, as long as they are a team and making money they usually TRY to respect each other and get along - at least in public.

It would completely ruin the morale of their fan base and supporters (and effect their $$$) if they let their irritations slip too much.

That is why it is a big warning sign when people do air the dirty laundry in public.

I have been avoiding my best friend for about a week now bc I got

stuff going on and don't want to be held accountable.

This is the second text I have not responded to.

Amazing how much time I have been on this internet instead of

facing the unavoidable.

It is hot af. I appreciate the nice (low calorie) caramel iced coffee I can get at Starbucks.

Oh, big ups to the store proprietor for the comfy chairs in the corner and the ambient lighting.

That is all.

If a business is not growing, then it is dying.

There is only so much market share for any given platform - including kpop music.

Therefore, it is very likely that one of your fav groups could be taking away potential money sources from

another one of your favs (a fan is only going to buy/download so many songs or attend so many concerts

when faced with multiple choices)

Unless a new market share is induced or created from a different source - somebody is taking potential money away from

someone else.

In the famous words of Highlander (the movie) - 'there can be only one'

So I want to work out again, but a gym is so boring.

I belonged to a dance studio about 2-3 year ago and I figure maybe taking a class would be fun and moderate exercise.

Last time I took a Hip Hop class - but the cost are crazy expensive for a few sessions- I guess that is the problem with being near a major city.

I am thinking of trying salsa or merengue, but I like Hip Hop because I actually have good coordination.

Last time I went to that dance studio I was like "I dance better than this no rhythm instructor"...

But don't get it twisted, because even though I picked up the steps fast, I could not last a full hour session :rlytearpls:

I have an endurance problem...yeah...20 mins at high energy is fine, but yeah who am I fooling when it comes to longer periods of time.

For real bring raut back like damn :horror:

Because people care about feelings and it could turn into a mess.

Tbh, I would like the thread back because it is funny af and I can dish it out just as much as I get served :rolleyes: .

In the early 17th century Galileo asserted that the sun was the center of the universe (heliocentric). This was in direct opposition to the popular opinion at the time that the earth was the center of the universe (geocentric).  Galileo was subjected to the Roman Inquisition and had to defend his ideas.  It created much controversy for him and he ultimately bowed to pressure and recanted (abandoned) his statements. He was sentenced to imprisonment and spent the rest of his life on house arrest.

Popular opinion can be a powerful force that is hard to stand against.  Even if you choose to "go along to get along" try to make sure you are making a conscious choice - so you are not easily manipulated.

Here is one strategy to test the opinion of others before blindly accepting what others say as truth:

Step A - sift through the opinion using your critical thinking skills before drawing a conclusion (What's that? WTF are critical thinking skills? Sounds like too much work? well try Step B instead)

Step B - sift through the opinion using your conscience (What's that? You don't have a conscience? WTF has anyone ever done for you? you sleep well at night thank you very much?  well try Step C)

Step C - sift through (weigh) the opinion using your own heart in the analysis (What's that? You don't have a heart? Life is a bitter cold world and aint no body got time for that?)

Welp - if none of the above work, you might just be hopeless....carry on as you were before :rolleyes:

Today has been quite a day. I haven't been on this site for a couple of days, guess I have not missed much.

Just typing whatever pops into my head.

This has been a very busy and trying week, but I came out on top (victorious). I am so grateful.