Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[NB] Seungri receives a warning for asking Sejung to pour a drink for a male guest on 'Salty Tour'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 My Everything

My Everything

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,337 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:44 AM (Edited by My Everything, 11 October 2018 - 06:46 AM.)

611811110012751243_1.jpg611811110012751243_3.jpg611811110012751243_4.jpg611811110012751243_5.jpg611811110012751243_6.jpg

Article: Big Bang Seungri on 'Salty Tour', "Please pour a drink for the man you like"

Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate

The Korean Broadcast Association gave a warning to the show for featuring a scene where Seungri asks Sejung to pour a drink as a way of expressing her feelings towards another male guest.

1. [+2,065, -144] This gives a glimpse as to how Seungri really plays off camera

2. [+1,570, -136] Sigh, he went too far, I knew he'd cause a mess. Why would he make her pour a drink? He could've just asked her to name the man, tsk tsk.

3. [+1,026, -91] What else should she do, Seungri-ya? Choke the man she wants to sleep with too?

4. [+97, -7] He's so used to his habits at night pubs that... it slipped while on broadcast...

5. [+95, -7] Oh, I definitely know how he plays at clubs now...

6. [+66, -6] He's so used to playing like that that he probably didn't even realize it was problematic when he was asking her to do it

7. [+54, -6] Imagine if you were at a work dinner and put yourself in Kim Sejung's position. Imagine how embarrassed you'd feel if a senior told you to do something like that... It might not seem like a big deal but it is if you put yourself in her shoes.

8. [+25, -3] He's doing what you'd normally tell girls at room salons to do right on TV ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+23, -5] His true colors emerge with a bit of alcohol in him... Telling someone to pour a drink for the person they like? Why is he treating her like a room salon girl? ㅡㅡ Look at Sejung, she seems so taken aback

10. [+21, -5] Everyone needs to watch out for the old idols like Leeteuk, Seungri, etc

http://netizenbuzz.b...ium=twitter&m=1

#2 Nausicaä

Nausicaä

이별길

• PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

People's saltiness over Seungri will never not be amusing.

#3 GRISHA

GRISHA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:49 AM (Edited by GRISHA, 11 October 2018 - 06:50 AM.)

I don't get it.. don't they do this often, like choose the person you like by doing this or that? is it because alcohol was involved? but.. they are all adults and were drinking. Only reason I would be bothered is if Sejeong herself was bothered and uncomfortable by what he said. 

#4 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• Nice
  • 41,025 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

1. [+2,065, -144] This gives a glimpse as to how Seungri really plays off camera

i wonder imstupid.png

#5 Fℓuffyhairedbaek

Fℓuffyhairedbaek

Superstar

• Naughty
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

Two months latah and this is still being talked about eck

#6 Grape Soda

Grape Soda

✩ Light & Carat ✩

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:07 AM

I didnt know it was that serious but it might be something cultural i don't understand so cant say it was ok

#7 Re Quest

Re Quest

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

leeteuk and seungri really out there fighting for that most problematic title

#8 puellarumGeneratio()

puellarumGeneratio()

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:16 AM

I don't get it

#9 Nero_Kpop

Nero_Kpop

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:21 AM

I don't get it

I think, it's a stereotype of a bar hostess, he basically gave her a slight humiliation

#10 iori

iori

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

i'll be waiting for the hard working vips to bring receipts about the double standard knets always have for bb members

the closest i might have experienced is when friends make us choose who to give the first cake thing on our birthday

i thought pouring someone else a drink is a hoobae thing to do to their sunbae in sk too

#11 namidaone

namidaone

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

I like Seungri but he really should be warned from making those kinds of jokes. ohdearplz.png

Some people who defended his actions said stuff like "yOu dOn'T uNdErStAnD kOrEaN cUlTuRe!11!!". 

Wonder what's their next excuse now that even the Korean Broadcasting Association finds it problematic. za5g21G.png

#12 Yooa's Forehead

Yooa's Forehead

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

Korean Broadcast Association is a joke, do you know how many warnings they already gave to Running Man and the members...  

#13 lovenatu

lovenatu

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

There's a comment on NB that might explain it 

"It would be if not for the drinking culture in 'salons'. The girls that are paid to 'pour drinks' (synonim tk prostitutes). So him asking her to pour a drink for a guy (that she likes the most) is heavily negative conotated"

#14 International-Cockroach

International-Cockroach

Idol

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

Lol some of y'all will do anything to defend oppa, even when actual Koreans find what he asked of her shitty- due to social connotations. Y'all love to cry about westernism or whatever, then act like their options are invalid because you can't understand the cultural implications of his words.

Sent from my SM-J727P using OneHallyu mobile app

#15 juniordud

juniordud

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

Two months latah and this is still being talked about eck

It takes times for a case to actually being reviewed and sentenced by Korean Broadcast Associations, it's like court, all parties has to be consulted and public opinion is also taken in consideration.

#16 valeriekmy96

valeriekmy96

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

What's up with some of you guys keep shielding his behavior when the korean broadcast association already gave him a warning? Like you guys think it's just a witch hunt when in fact there's a cultural issue behind it.

There's a comment on NB that might explain it 

"It would be if not for the drinking culture in 'salons'. The girls that are paid to 'pour drinks' (synonim tk prostitutes). So him asking her to pour a drink for a guy (that she likes the most) is heavily negative conotated"

#17 fourplay

fourplay

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

To those confused about this here's a translation from pc on what happened

Seungri: Since Sejeong-sshi came on Salty Tour this time
And there are 5 men right now
Seungri: Please pour drinks for the person that you like
(He suddenly asked her to pour drinks for the guy she liked)
Seungri: Sejeong-sshi, please have a drink
Sejeong: *Unbearable* what is this?

And an interesting response from pann

This kind of atmosphere always happens when you put a female guest on a variety show dedicated to male viewersㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the most notable one is Running Manㅋㅋㅋㅋ every time that a female guest comes on the show, they always ask her to choose among themselvesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they never see these women as equals or as co-workers, but just as “women”ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

#18 ariel28

ariel28

♛~VIP since 2009~♛

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:11 PM (Edited by ariel28, 11 October 2018 - 12:12 PM.)

all articles are saying the korea broadcast association gave a warning to tvn for broadcasting that scene even tho viewers may see it as sexual harassment and/or against the ideology of gender equality.

that said,

People's saltiness over Seungri will never not be amusing.

#19 capital

capital

Idol

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

She should have poured the bottle on his head.

#20 seokii

seokii

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

I think, it's a stereotype of a bar hostess, he basically gave her a slight humiliation

I would say it was more than a slight humiliation if he received an official warning for his behavior...

Up, Up and Away!