Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
- - - - -

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san (Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san)

12 replies to this topic

#1 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts
  • LocationOH is moving ๐Ÿ˜ท

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:51 AM (Edited by A random user, 14 October 2018 - 11:39 PM.)

h_b_s_b.png

The anime follows the working life of Honda at a bookstore and his experiences on the manga counter.

Studio DLE is on charge of this 12 episodes long adaptation of mangaka Honda's manga.

OP - Inner Sound & Book's Narrative

ED - Book-en, Happy-end

Started on October's 7, Crunchyroll is simulcasting the anime.

Source: Anime News Network, Reddit(r/animethemes)

#2 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM

Do I need to said more, I'm sold! And is ten minutes long each episode so it's a win!

#3 Anki_tao

Anki_tao

Global Superstar

• Nice
  • 8,810 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ’ŽDiamonds are Forever๐Ÿ’Ž

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:10 AM

Its so funny lol

Special Yaoi book

#4 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• Nice
  • 41,024 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:28 AM

ahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png

#5 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:43 PM (Edited by A random user, 14 October 2018 - 11:44 PM.)

Screenshot-20181014-231538.png

It wasn't as funny as the previous episode but gosh the relatable factor was stronger compared to the previous episode. And revealing that is based on personal experience (#UdOnTsAy) I guess it will be charming for people who has experience on costume service and working behind the scene...like me.

And is working!

#6 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

Screenshot-20181021-192519.png

Oh boi, I've been on both sides of that situation, coming from something but buying another. And yep, sellers can be more or less of a pain in the *ss but they are the ones who provide the material to sell so all those brave soul who have those thirsty sellers representatives under control...may your lifes be blessed.

And yes, part-time workers are forgettable extras in real life, I mean no ones remembers me, lol.

The anime definitely has a certain demographic in mind, I do not know if I'm among them but I'm enjoying it.

#7 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

Screenshot-20181029-000438.png

Training workshop...war flashbacks

Yup, this anime keeps proving the ones who will enjoy it the most are those who had experience related to Honda's job because the humor is not as crazy as episode 1 but now rely on anecdotes which anyone can relate to it will enjoy the show aven more.

I'm glad I am those people from the audience.

#8 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

Screenshot-20181105-030250.png

Unironically, at my last job I got scolded for taking too much time on helping foreigners because, at the end, they never bought anything and just asked for a direction. Like the brazilian costumer in this episode...yeah the show is so relatable.

And F to all those booksellers dealing with Ecchi content. I salute your bravery you go through.

#9 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:30 AM

Screenshot-20181112-032904.png

The stupid costumer part is so relatable, in special when you were on both sides of the conflict.

#10 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:05 AM

bshsA.png

Yep, no matter the situation, the place or the context, socializing is still the hardest part of everything lol.

#11 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:59 AM

This episode touched the final boss of clients, the one that if you fuck up your career is fucked up as well, I'm not talking the yakuza one but...

sfbsA.png

KIDS!

Semi jokes aside (because not everyone can deal with kids) I really likes the topic about the usability of bookstores on the era of "information" (since, u know, u can order thru internet) it was not a deep analysis but a nice commentary about it ewhich can apply to many other services.

#12 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

hsbsA.png

Ah yes, nothings improves a rough and packed day of work than the shift ending and going home. That realistic part aside, I liked how explored how to handle the books that are far far far very far of being even mid-tier sellers and "the life & death" of a book, and the Ebola's book sceneario could not be a better example.

#13 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:29 AM (Edited by A random user, 10 December 2018 - 07:29 AM.)

Sin-t-tulo-2.gif

As much as a personal opinion is, is not wrong tho and can be applied to any job. And LMAO the gamers part was so on-point, it hurts.

Up, Up and Away!