39 replies to this topic

#21 Mark Lee

Mark Lee

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:52 PM

Yes, liberal states like californoa and new york should leave president trump alone and relocate to mars.

#22 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationBored enough to join; crazy enough to stay.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Lol, you can pretty much guarantee that if the US splits, they will continue to split because some people only notice the ways in which they can divide themselves into groups. Just the other day, people on the forum were dragging each other over real feminism and fake feminism. There will always be schisms and if people don't learn how to tolerate each other across the party line and want to split, they definitely aren't going to tolerate opposing opinions within their own clique after that. The US will be living in small tribes by the time they're finished. People are split enough as is, they need to start uniting and having two-way discussions.

#23 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:01 AM

The reason why USA is divided is because you have people who make every single issue an Oppression Olympics.

Both sides are to blame.

Umm have you noticed how insane, unreasonable, and rabid the left is getting?

It reminds me of the right a few years ago, and even now when they don't get their way.

#24 Caridee

Caridee

#5MealsADay.🍕

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,759 posts
  • Location#SuzyProtectionSquad

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:12 AM (Edited by Caridee, 10 October 2018 - 08:19 AM.)

Yes. Id like to see who the democrat states blame then when they vote another trump in office. :har:

Also, I wouldn’t mind it if the U.s split up north/south. If say one wants to live in a Democrat majority city or like where there’s a lot of diversity, they can just go to any major city in Texas and they’ll be fine. Cities like Houston, Austin, Dallas, San -antonio. If they prefer to be in a more republican majority then they can go outside of these cities. I don’t see how the south will be losing at all with the split honestly.

#25 grow99

grow99

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

its too complex. do you intend to relocate all republicans in one specific area and the democrats as well? this is the 2016 election result by county:
800px-2016_presidential_election%2C_resu
idt its possible

#26 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

Yes. Id like to see who the democrat states blame then when they vote another trump in office. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Also, I wouldn’t mind it if the U.s split up north/south. If say one wants to live in a Democrat majority city or like where there’s a lot of diversity, they can just go to any major city in Texas and they’ll be fine. Cities like Houston, Austin, Dallas, San -antonio. If they prefer to be in a more republican majority then they can go outside of these cities. I don’t see how the south will be losing at all with the split honestly.

The Democratic states didn't vote Trump in, so...

And it wouldn't be a north / south split. 

its too complex. do you intend to relocate all republicans in one specific area and the democrats as well? this is the 2016 election result by county:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...
idt its possible

It's not complex. It's actually quite simple. Looking at that map the red parts of blue states and blue parts of red states tend to be the least populated parts of those states, meaning that they're not the majority, hence why they are given the color name that they have.

#27 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,397 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

I honestly see it happening during our lifetimes

#28 Pseudo

Pseudo

Disloyal...and Untrustworthy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • LocationEast of Eden

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

No.

#29 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:19 PM

I honestly see it happening during our lifetimes

Are you going to move?

#30 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,397 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:52 PM

Are you going to move?

nah my current residence is in a state that would be on the blue side of the split

#31 Starfire.

Starfire.

Cake

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationMy Room

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:35 AM

I'm probably going to be out of here anyway by the time it happens(if it does during my lifetime). I'd be dead meat if I stayed 

#32 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,024 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:06 AM

No because in Texas v. White in 1869, the Supreme Court ruled that states cannot secede.

#33 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

No because in Texas v. White in 1869, the Supreme Court ruled that states cannot secede.

How relevant is the Supreme Court of a country that isn't your own?

#34 ChooChoo

ChooChoo

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:45 AM

nah reform electoral system

plenty of countries have a large geographic divide of political views but still manage to function  

#35 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:36 AM (Edited by DocumentaLy, 11 October 2018 - 05:45 AM.)

nah reform electoral system

plenty of countries have a large geographic divide of political views but still manage to function  

Is it to the point where one side is alienating all of their international allies, promoting authoritarianism, and trying to deny people basic rights?

The electoral system can't be reformed because that would require the government to do something. In the case something was done, it would go in a more conservative direction, giving more power to states with less people, simply because there are more states like that, furthering the divide. For instance, the 50 senators that got Kavanaugh through represent only 44% of the population. And when Gorsuch was confirmed, he was voted in by 54 senators who represent 45% of the population. There is a clear problem here. The majority of the population is not being represented. The less populated states have too much say, and those states are normally conservative.

#36 Eppo

Eppo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,327 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:08 AM (Edited by Eppo, 11 October 2018 - 07:10 AM.)

The US is probably too physically large and culturally diverse, yes. It's a mystery to me how it took as long as it did before the cracks started to appear. It speaks volumes that a country like Russia fanning the flames of controversial topics among society is having this much success at dividing people.

#37 PeachyKeys!

PeachyKeys!

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:06 PM

Civil War part II, then?

#38 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

The US is probably too physically large and culturally diverse, yes. It's a mystery to me how it took as long as it did before the cracks started to appear. It speaks volumes that a country like Russia fanning the flames of controversial topics among society is having this much success at dividing people.

I think things got really bad before Russia. It was really Obama's election. Once a number of whites saw that their days at the top were numbered, it started everything, including Trump's campaign, which led to Russian involvement.

#39 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Locationsomewhere tasty

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

Red states rely too heavily on the tax dollars of blue states.

#40 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,604 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 PM

Red states rely too heavily on the tax dollars of blue states.

There really should be a way to cut them off. I don't want to fund rednecks' horrible lives.

Up, Up and Away!