Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingloey

Rumours said that another SM group won't be promoting on Mcountdown due to issues between SM and Mnet..

"Rumours said that Super Junior won't be promoting on Mcountdown for their "One more Time" promotion due to issues between SM and Mnet. Even D&E, EXO, NCT, RED VELVET didn't appear on Mcountdown Comeback performance few months back. This isn't the 1st time SM and Mnet are at war."

"Both SM and Mnet have ever been on war back in 2009 and 2010 due to distribution issues.

This is where SM boycott Girls Generation and Super Junior form performing on Mnet back in 2009-2010.

There have been speculation that both the company are at war again."

YG and Mnet have always had issues too.. And now SM and Mnet have problems again no surprise..

YG already boycott Mnet since 2015..

They're always doing SM and YG dirty not surprised specially Mnet that snake.

e8ATpHS.gif

https://twitter.com/Brian_Hwang1/status/1048898133239840768

SM is having war with Mnet but..

Mnet keeps posting EXO's old videos and SM artists' videos and pictures out of the blank, lmao.

Example;

3nWm454.jpg

jwwKXSB.jpg

Mnet sweetie..

kOvz9Dz.gif

YG and SM should just form their own music show and have monthly SM x YG special stages, collabs and just bring MNet down altogether.

I would love to actually see blackvelvet happen fr

Mnet>>SM so Mnet will win 

Hopefully it's true. I hope SM doesn't send any of their groups there for their upcoming comebacks. Snakes don't deserve them.

kOvz9Dz.gif

aren't exo and red velvet going to mama tho? or was it a fake poster?

YG already boycott Mnet since 2015.

Not true. The problems started in 2015 but the boycott didn't start until 2016. They boycotted MAMA, Mcountdown, and Mnet.

YG and SM should just form their own music show and have monthly SM x YG special stages, collabs and just bring MNet down altogether.

I would love to actually see blackvelvet happen fr

Is such an amazing idea, we can start planning for a SM and YG award show.

Tl63yWK.gif

Hopefully it's true. I hope SM doesn't send any of their groups there for their upcoming comebacks. Snakes don't deserve them.

kOvz9Dz.gif

Without YG and now SM, MAMA is unwatchable for me. YG and SM boycotting Mnet is what I live for.

It seems like SM is really boycotting Mnet.

Mnet is trash we been knew

I think sm not sending their artists to to that music show is a dead giveaway that they wont be attending mama this year unless they made up or smth

Since mama has a whole day scheduled for Hong-Kong lol

kOvz9Dz.gif

Brian is a lying douchebag who likes to pretend he's an insider, please don't use him as a source.

Though even Yuri didn't go on Mcountdown either. Suju's already prerecorded for Music Core and Inkigayo's shows next week so that only leaves Music Bank left for them to do live

Idk about rv but i saw mama hyping EXO among other nominees

Nothing confirmed about attending tho

kOvz9Dz.gif

Honestly SM nor YG are needed at MAMA!

MAMA should cut the show to one night!

Book BTS, Twice, Wanna One, Got7, Seventeen.. (And a few other mid-tier groups and collab stages) Then get the biggest solo or duo artist to perform (including rappers) like IU, Zico, Loco, Sunmi, Bolppalagan4 etc. to perform.

Hell I would love to finally see K- Award shows stop pandering to Kpop groups and the These companies and start given opportunities to ACTUAL popular artist with the GP!

I've seen other rumours saying Mnet has some new director and SM has beef with him or smth like that..i can't remember well...

Anyway not surprising, its been months that no SM group went to Mcountdown or did anything in Mnet. Kinda weird since RV topped the Mnet chart for the longest time while Mnet was always the only chart "blocking" them lmao

That was definitely fake . Idk if SM groups will attend or not (i think they will) but no lineup was revealed yet.

As long as this means EXO doesn't have to attend MAMA all fine by me

Book BTS, Twice, Wanna One, Got7, Seventeen.. (And a few other mid-tier groups and collab stages) Then get the biggest solo or duo artist to perform (including rappers) like IU, Zico, Loco, Sunmi, Bolppalagan4 etc. to perform.

Hell I would love to finally see K- Award shows stop pandering to Kpop groups and the These companies and start given opportunities to ACTUAL popular artist with the GP!

are you really trying to say sm/yg groups aren't popular with the public

lol

by your logic.. all big3 groups aren't popular with the GP hmm...? 

just one question u guys , why would u think mnet will loose more than sm or yg ? yess mnet will not be getting those ticket sell from sm stans or yg stans .... but there are 2825873 x groups out there got7 wannaone seventeen gfriend and A BUNCH OF OTHERS .... as they say the SHOW WILL GO ON and it's not like the gp of korea gives the slitest fuck abt music shows or award shows ... it has always been kpop fan since 2011 .

I really don't see how this whole Mnet is loosing narrative ... if anything we are the ones that will loose on awesome stages from sm and yg artists while still getting as I said 2552 x GREAT STAGES from the other groups

are you really trying to say sm/yg groups aren't popular with the public

lol

If that's what I was trying to say that's what I would of said.. I was mainly talking about how only Kpop groups are the face of music award shows even though most are flops digitally and unknown to the GP.

When I said artist that are actual popular with the GP, I meant REAL digimons who always do well in digitals everytime they comeback yet we never really see them at award shows OR winner! Now that I think about it, these award shows need to cut back on fan voting as well!

by your logic.. all big3 groups aren't popular with the GP hmm...?

I never said anything about the big3 not being popular with the GP.. and I even brought up JYP artist who should perform!

The Big3 isn't the only companies who have artist who are extremely popular to the GP. And that's what I meant when I said these award shows pander to them and Kpop groups!

Why do we hardly ever see solo singers, rappers, and duo/bands who so extremely well digital (mostly every comeback) not perform or win at award shows!

If that's what I was trying to say that's what I would of said.. I was mainly talking about how only Kpop groups are the face of music award shows even though most are flops digitally and unknown to the GP.

When I said artist that are actual popular with the GP, I meant REAL digimons who always do well in digitals everytime they comeback yet we never really see them at award shows OR winner! Now that I think about it, these award shows need to cut back on fan voting as well!

But Big 3 groups attending isn't what's stopping those artists from attending.....

it's their loss tbh. Let's be real, MAMA is the most popular Korean award show internationally and usually has the best performances with more budget and bigger stages.The awards are irrelevant, we know that but who cares, performances are what matter.

Many groups can gain fans thanks to that, look at BTS mama 2014 performance as an example

It is not like MAMA can't fill their absence with other big groups. They have the whole BTS, jyp, W1, rookies like izone and Idle, Mamamoo etc   so MAMA won't lose anything 

you said sm nor yg are needed at MAMA and that awards shows should start giving opportunities to actual popular artist with the gp...but sm&yg have several acts that /are/ popular with the gp, so how are they not needed