Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
snsdJM

Announcement Events Team Fall 2018 Recruitment Deadline: October 14th [CLOSED]

post-106084-0-23566300-1538824454.png

After successfully wrapping up OHgwarts, we are now looking to add new members to our family. This is a general recruitment meaning we are open to any timezone. If you like hosting games,events or just creating ways for others to have fun then you are at the right place.

1. Plan and create your own games, and eventspost-561-0-34199200-1538237463.png

2. Collaborate with the team in large scale events which includes special occasions such as Easter,Christmas, summer, etc

3. Take part in team discussions

4. Answer questions users may have in the Ask the Events Team thread

5. Host games/events at a constant rate throughout the year

6. Be active and supportive with users as well as your team members

Preferred:post-561-0-79675300-1538237470.png

1. Game hosting experience. Those without experience will still be given be considered and given a chance as during your rookie days you will be planning and developing games

2. Interest in group/team projects. During special occasion as already mentioned like Christmas, Halloween or such we tend to work as a team

3. Be organized

Required:

1. Free time to host on a regular basis

2. Motivation to host and develop games and/or events

3. Availability for communication not only with team members but also users

4. Maturity to deal with other people

5. Reliable internet access

6. Good behavior around the forum. People with warning points may be considered but this will be on a case by case basis and as long as you have no more than 3

post-561-0-22966000-1538237480.png

Username:

Timezone & Location:

Occupation/Profession:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Have you ever hosted a game on OneHallyu? If yes, please link us the thread if it still exists:

What are your strengths?:

What are your weaknesses?:

Do you like group projects and work well in a team? Why / why not?:

Create a mock OP of a game you would host on OneHallyu, here are some examples 123 (graphics are not needed): 

Do you have any warning points?:

Anything else you'd like us to know?:

Please send completed application in a PM titled

" Events Team Application - [username]"

to snsdJM

October 14 at 12 pm ESTpost-561-0-29549900-1538237488.png

Thank you for your time and hope to see you all applying

xAaZjum.gif

post-561-0-34199200-1538237463_thumb.png

post-561-0-79675300-1538237470_thumb.png

post-561-0-22966000-1538237480_thumb.png

post-561-0-29549900-1538237488_thumb.png

• Like 5

post-561-0-32942000-1538269483.png

Here you have some of the frequently asked questions regarding this process

What will change if I become a part of Events Team?

You will no longer be allowed to participate in the monthly raffle! It’s sad to know, but it is true. You may still participate in your fellow team members games and otherwise if you are free!

Additionally, you will now be a staff member so we expect your behavior to be an example for others!

I don't know much about the games on this forum, but I'm interested in applying. How exactly do forum games work?

• Events is the section where games are played hosted by both the user base and the Events Team. Link to the section
  • The section has a sub-section for mafia games and large scale games. Link to the sub-section
  • Another section called Large Scale Events dedicated to events done on a large scale

Users can create and host games such as repetitive games in the forum games section (which are like count to a million, rate the sig and dp above you etc.) and other minigames like trivianame 5guessing songs as well as games that are more on the larger scale such as project runwaydiscotheque and mafia games in the sub-section.

The events team are mainly in charge of producing and hosting larger scale events for the user base to enjoy with special prizes, such as The HeistOH!VisionOH!gwarts and events based on the holidays of Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Summer etc. We also host mini-games and other games in the Forum Games section like The Amazing Race and mini-games like Hot Potato.

The user base also hosts events in the event section like Lemonade Stand Wars and group anniversary events as well as giveaways for K-Pop albums and wons etc.

Users who play events team games also get put into our monthly raffle, you can read more about it in the Events Team Calendar + Monthly Raffle Thread. We also as it says in the title use it as a calendar, and we post in there every time we are hosting new mini games/games, so if you would like, follow it so you can join some of our games~

What if I have little or no experience in the OH game field?

If you're creative and willing to learn and adapt, we'd love to have you! Even if you're lacking in hosting skills on OH, we can train you up to ignite the potential in you.

What do you mean about having reliable internet access?

Having reliable internet access is just so we know you won't go missing half way while hosting a game because your internet is having problems. Of course this is never 100% fully able to be determined ahead of time, and if it occurs it's fine, we just would like your internet access to be generally reliable for the most part.

How often would I have to host games/events?

Being an events team member not only means hosting games and events, but helping out behind the scenes wherever needed, such as judging another member event or helping them with different jobs etc. We expect the hosting of games/events to occur regularly, as opportunities arise to participate in holding a game of such in a large-scale event, such as Halloween, Easter or other themed events, quite often.

post-561-0-32942000-1538269483_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hey guys! Can I submit the op of a game I hosted already or should I make a new one?

Edited by Akidoki

Hey guys! Can I submit the op of a game I hosted already or should I make a new one?

Traitor

Also when are the next round of applications coming ? I feel like my actions during OHGWARTS will taint my app from my steallar behavior so I'll wait.

A new one is preferred but an old one can be used

Thank you for responding! Regarding the mock op do we make it in a doc and link it or is there another way we should do it?

Traitor.

Goldie would you like to head to the time out corner again?

Edited by Akidoki

Also when are the next round of applications coming ? I feel like my actions during OHGWARTS will taint my app from my steallar behavior so I'll wait.

Next recuitments aren't planned yet so I can't tell how long you would have to wait.

But I'd say that if you are really interested, you can go for it~

Thank you for responding! Regarding the mock op do we make it in a doc and link it or is there another way we should do it?

I think it's better that you include your mock OP directly into the application PM, you can put it under spoiler if it's takes too much room. So there will be no risk like the file not working or anything like that when we will review the application ^^

Next recuitments aren't planned yet so I can't tell how long you would have to wait.

I think it's better that you include your mock OP directly into the application PM, you can put it under spoiler if it's takes too much room. So there will be no risk like the file not working or anything like that when we will review the application ^^

Oh thank you so much for responding! I will do it as you suggested.

no private message for me sempai chingu? if i make amazing puzzle games will u pick me? hurrplz.png  

no private message for me sempai chingu? if i make amazing puzzle games will u pick me? hurrplz.png  

I didn't know you were interested in Events hurrplz.png

If you make the best application I'll support uwu

Edited by Nelkah

good luck to everyone applying