SGO48 Vietnam

30 replies to this topic

#1 llamaswag

llamaswag

#TheLlamaMovement Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationIn a world with f(SHINee) AND forever queen in my heart Rainie Yang

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:31 AM (Edited by llamaswag, 28 September 2018 - 03:13 PM.)

This candidate is pretty with nice smile!!
She remind me of that Korean actress that I like. I just search the actress name that remind me is Lee Bo-Young.
Anyway, I don't see all the candidates profile (supposedly there are 350 candidates that passed from 1st round audition of 7k applications, only 25 will be chosen to be final mems), just shared the ones that I find on Twitter LOL

DoLxGMcUYAAfe_9?format=jpg
DoLxGtgU8AA7jWW?format=jpg
DoLxHJwU4AAU5kk?format=jpg

DoLuJlOVAAAAhgQ?format=jpg
DoLuKPKU0AA5Sqv?format=jpg

Dn1KmfPWsAY5IDu?format=jpg
Dn1KnDiX0AIAoxJ?format=jpg

DoLsJ0mUcAEYwj4?format=jpg
DoLsII3UcAIypO4?format=jpg

A candidate dance to Japanese ver of Nekkoya

I also made a thread of my favs from few public audition videos that publish on their YouTube channel so far. They are pretty good.
https://onehallyu.co...-happening-wow/
Just shared it here too. They seems more on younger side.
Spoiler

#2 geez

geez

Star

• Nice
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

Omg so pretty 

#3 Asryuki

Asryuki

Yuki - Yuko - Yukjo - Kuki

• Nice
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationTechi protection squad.

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

pretty but what pd48 and izone have anything to do with her ? imstupid.png

#4 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:54 AM (Edited by llamaswag, 28 September 2018 - 09:58 AM.)

pretty but what pd48 and izone have anything to do with her ? :imstupid:

What?
You mean what is SGO48? They are upcoming sister group of AKB48 in Vietnam.
SGO48 stand for Saigon48. Currently they going through audition, and these girls are candidates that passed from 1st round audition.

#5 gok

gok

Idol

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:58 AM (Edited by gok, 28 September 2018 - 09:59 AM.)

What?
You mean what is SGO48? They are upcoming sister group of AKB48 in Vietnam.
SGO48 stand for Saigon48.

I think Asryuki means about the tags on twtitter: #PRODUCE48 #IZONE

#6 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:04 AM (Edited by llamaswag, 28 September 2018 - 10:10 AM.)

I think Asryuki means about the tags on twtitter: #PRODUCE48 #IZONE

The person seems a huge fan of Akb48, it tweet all the things related to them when I scroll down (and it tag all like that), and as there are Japanese mems on that show and group *shrug*

#7 gok

gok

Idol

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

The person seems a huge fan of Akb48, it tweet all the things related to them when I scroll down (and it tag all like that), and as there are Japanese mems on that show and group *shrug*

yeah, I know because I watched it too lol

#8 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

This group supposedly back up from Yeah1, and from my research it seems a huge ass Multimedia Communication Company. They have their own music site, produced movies, have their own TV channel, news media, concert organization, management team etc it seems like they do everything LOL
This group is in good hand for sure. Their company has all the platform to give them exposure and promotion. This project may working better than I thought.
And they literally open all SNS account for SGO48 already to communicate with audiences.
Official Website https://sgo48.vn
Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SGO48/
YouTube https://m.youtube.co...dycAOeN6RltOB4g
Twitter https://mobile.twitt.../official_SGO48
Instagram https://www.instagra...official_sgo48/

#9 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationIn The Cosmic Nebular

Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

Happy to hear this is going to happen, but I'm very unsure if SG048 will be successful. There are so many hurdles they will face in Vietnam. Vietnamese are not so fond of groups, especially girl groups. The ones active today struggles and when you have a group with 20+ members... I'm very skeptical but we'll see. 

#10 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:54 PM (Edited by llamaswag, 28 September 2018 - 05:26 PM.)

Happy to hear this is going to happen, but I'm very unsure if SG048 will be successful. There are so many hurdles they will face in Vietnam. Vietnamese are not so fond of groups, especially girl groups. The ones active today struggles and when you have a group with 20+ members... I'm very skeptical but we'll see.

Sure the market is so used with soloist, but who know the young audiences may give it a chance. I think Vietnam just very bad at marketing the group to be appealing, attention grabber that can make industry/audience to talk today.
First most probably shock with this group and even gain antis (Lmao), but it make people talk. I mean I don't think Indonesia has an idol group culture either? Their culture is even extremely conservative (Vietnam's culture is consider way much more open than them) but the group ended up doing quite well. And same with Thailand... All of the youth from these countries have in common is that they all consume Kpop for idols. So there is a demand/chance if it actually provided good marketing, concept, content and PR to targeting audiences.

Even China that also predominated with soloist, balled and ost have some successful idol groups now (and there were many flop be4 that happened). Korea and Japan are the only Asia countries with long, establish, open market for groups (Taiwan used to be a long time ago, and Vietnam used to have successful bands in early 2000's too), the rest are all dominated by soloist and probably with some bands that played instrument. Local idol groups are all met with challenge in their own country.

And I think they don't have to appear with all 25 mems when they at public, but send a smaller units instead to promote the group. Only for fan events and such, they can appear as a whole.

#11 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:07 PM

Sure the market is so used with soloist, but who know the young audiences may give it a chance. I think Vietnam just very bad at marketing the group to be appealing, attention grabber that can make industry/audience to talk today.
First most probably shock with this group and even gain antis (Lmao), but it make people talk. I mean I don't think Indonesia has an idol group culture either? Their culture is even extremely conservative (Vietnam's culture is consider way much more open than them) but the group ended up doing quite well. And same with Thailand... All of the youth from these countries have in common is that they all consume Kpop for idols. So there is a demand/chance if it actually provided good marketing, concept, content and PR to targeting audiences.

Even China that also predominated with soloist, balled and ost have some successful idol groups now (and there were many flop be4 that happened). Korea and Japan are the only Asia countries with long, establish, open market for groups (Taiwan used to be a long time ago, and Vietnam used to have successful bands in early 2000's too), the rest are all dominated by soloist and probably with some bands that played instrument. Local idol groups are all met with challenge in their own country.

And I think they don't have to appear with all 25 mems when they at public, but send a smaller units instead to promote the group. Only for fan events and such, they can appear as a whole.

At least they have Yeah1 backing them, which perhaps can be a huge advantage in therms of marketing. They should give Lime and Lip B a run for their money though. 

#12 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

I don't think JKT48 is successful. The fad faded after 3 years and the group is just there, making no impact. Limited budget is obvious in its latest MV. 

#13 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:31 PM (Edited by llamaswag, 28 September 2018 - 09:45 PM.)

I don't think JKT48 is successful. The fad faded after 3 years and the group is just there, making no impact. Limited budget is obvious in its latest MV.

If they faded after 3 yrs, then probably had to do with bad management/content to keep its audiences.
Kpop groups also hit certain peak then declined (and then disband after 5yrs or 7yrs for girl group) but they good at content/fans building to maintain a slow declined. Almost all groups (esp boygroup) that already declined but want to continue, its all depend on fanbase that they build. Its normal.
If Jkt48 still has not disband yet, then they on that cycle. Depend on certain amount fan base loyalty and if lots of mems had solo work. It still can support the group, so its still worth to keep.

#14 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:53 PM

I wonder if they're going to have a theater and another question is where? 

#15 KorAm

KorAm

Star

• Nice
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:12 PM

This is an official ABK48 sister so a theater is a must.

I’m really looking forward to it. It would be very interesting to see how they look compared to BNK48 or JKT48.

For songs and stages I hope they are given more than just covers for the Japanese songs. Hopefully, AKB learned from the SNH48 split that they need to allow some original stuff for the foreign groups.

#16 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:14 PM (Edited by llamaswag, 29 September 2018 - 05:01 AM.)

How to address their name as their full name its pretty long?
Vietnamese have 3 to 4 words as full name (except ethnic minority people)
Ex. 1.Name with 3 words
Nguyen Phuong Dung- Just called them Phuong Dung will be enough (Vietnamese can have 1 or 2 words for first name), Nguyen is last name (it broadly shared last name in Vietnam)
2.Name with 4 words
Nguyen Thi Minh Tuyen- Just address them with Minh Tuyen (their first name), Nguyen (last name), Thi (middle name, some used middle name and some don't).

Easy Tip: It pretty much safe to just address them of the last 2 words to differentiate the name of each candidates (first name with 2 words make it special, and its harder to find one with similar name this way instead of just 1). Hope it help with how addressing them.

#17 shibahi

shibahi

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:45 AM

yeah1 is using voting and girls with prior fame for marketing, which is the route i was hoping this audition won’t go towards. (at least it shouldn’t for 1st generation.) well, i hope internally the members are being selected VERY carefully

#18 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:02 AM (Edited by bzz, 29 September 2018 - 10:02 AM.)

If they faded after 3 yrs, then probably had to do with bad management/content to keep its audiences.
Kpop groups also hit certain peak then declined (and then disband after 5yrs or 7yrs for girl group) but they good at content/fans building to maintain a slow declined. Almost all groups (esp boygroup) that already declined but want to continue, its all depend on fanbase that they build. Its normal.
If Jkt48 still has not disband yet, then they on that cycle. Depend on certain amount fan base loyalty and if lots of mems had solo work. It still can support the group, so its still worth to keep.

JKT48's popularity resorted on its novelty-never before status thus, it's bounded to fade fast. On top of that, it lost most of its more popular members quickly. The group already declined in its second year and tanked deeper in its third year. Members and fans thought original JKT48 songs might be able to reboot the group but the request was turned down by the Japanese licensor. It seemed like JKT48 has been trimmed down a little and the management has been re-organized to survive but, this can't make strong impact on general public.

Some marketeers analyzed BNK48's popularity too was a bubble which would burst within few years.

Theater is compulsory.

#19 llamaswag

llamaswag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:53 PM (Edited by llamaswag, 30 September 2018 - 12:19 AM.)

JKT48's popularity resorted on its novelty-never before status thus, it's bounded to fade fast. On top of that, it lost most of its more popular members quickly. The group already declined in its second year and tanked deeper in its third year. Members and fans thought original JKT48 songs might be able to reboot the group but the request was turned down by the Japanese licensor. It seemed like JKT48 has been trimmed down a little and the management has been re-organized to survive but, this can't make strong impact on general public.

Some marketeers analyzed BNK48's popularity too was a bubble which would burst within few years.

Theater is compulsory.

That's what I'm saying in my other post SGO48's concept will bring buzz to industry/audiences (which something that Viet groups doesn't have), so increase this group chance to have a great start. I mean only Kpop and Jpop are the Asian industry with long/established/profitable market for idols, so Vietnam need something special to attract industry/possible audiences attention.
How to maintain a long term interest and popularity will be up to management and large part to its members themselves too. But 48 concept give great advantage than anything Vietnam ever offers.

Another thing is SM planned for NCT Vietnam may help create a good idol fan base for industry in the future (as Vietnam/Viet fans obsessed with KPOP, so tagging SM/Kpop will help attracting audiences). I think this will help SGO48 in the future too. It may brings some kind of competition in the industry and make idol fan base community more interesting and active. Maybe its finally the right time for idol groups in Vietnam to happen in upcoming years. Local businessman may start to invest to create more idol groups later...who knows

#20 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

That's what I'm saying in my other post SGO48's concept will bring buzz to industry/audiences (which something that Viet groups doesn't have), so increase this group chance to have a great start. I mean only Kpop and Jpop are the Asian industry with long/established/profitable market for idols, so Vietnam need something special to attract industry/possible audiences attention.
How to maintain a long term interest and popularity will be up to management and large part to its members themselves too. But 48 concept give great advantage than anything Vietnam ever offers.

Another thing is SM planned for NCT Vietnam may help create a good idol fan base for industry in the future (as Vietnam/Viet fans obsessed with KPOP, so tagging SM/Kpop will help attracting audiences). I think this will help SGO48 in the future too. It may brings some kind of competition in the industry and make idol fan base community more interesting and active. Maybe its finally the right time for idol groups in Vietnam to happen in upcoming years. Local businessman may start to invest to create more idol groups later...who knows

Maybe, there is a limit how long can a "cover" group can go. I saw few marketing analyses on BNK48 they all addressed it would be hard for BNK48's hype to last long due to its nature. 48 format is "stan" focused marketing/emotional marketing so it may be hard to keep the interest of "general public" onto the group.

NCT Vietnam has not even started trainee recruiting yet. It will take at least 3 years to debut the group. By that time, SGO may already wane.

An advantage of BNK48 is that Thailand's economy is dominated by Japanese investors who support BNK by hiring the group for their event for endorsement. Meanwhile, Vietnam's economy is dominated by Korean investors who won't as supportive to a J-pop-ish group.

A very reason why big music labels in Thailand doesn't join the "idol" market because it's much much more costly to produce and maintain and they ain't familiar with "idol" marketing leeching off fans to the fullest. They still use the same old marketing, event performance, concert, endorsement and tie-in. So, to them, idol is much much less profitable. BNK48 has made hefty income but, it's questionable how profitable the group has been as it requires huge budget to run.

As no big label joins the game, the expected fierce competition has not happened. 

Up, Up and Away!