Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Anyone here do Intermittent Fasting (IF)?

diet health

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 그대로 Repeat…

그대로 Repeat…

Don't Stop

• PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:33 AM (Edited by 그대로 Repeat…, 10 August 2018 - 03:33 AM.)

Hey OH! Have you tried Intermittent Fasting?

If so, what has been your experience? how long have you been doing it? have you noticed any positive effects? negative effects?

I'm thinking of trying the 5:2 diet. It's meant to have a lot of health benefits. 

Please note: i'm not talking about starving yourself.

I'm not interested in discussions of disordered eating.

If you're not sure what IF is please read this

#2 arabmorgan

arabmorgan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:02 AM

I didn't do 5:2, but I did the 8/16 for about a month plus and I'd say it's the least difficult and least torturous diet I've been on. I don't mean torturous in the sense that the hunger was unbearable, but it was a more comfortable diet because it didn't strictly restrict what you could eat, only when. For reference, one of the other diets I've done was the keto diet (the super low-carbs diet) and as someone who loves carbs and sugar, it was horrible - I ate a single grape after like 2 weeks of almost zero sugar and I literally burst into tears because it was so sweet and I felt so overwhelmed with happiness LMAO.

Anyway, back to IF, personally I saw very little weight loss but I saw definite fat loss based on the fit of my clothes, so for me IF was very much a fat-burning diet (which is pretty much the best kind). I feel like my skin cleared up a little as well? But idk if that was just imagination or a good month for me lol. I think the most important thing when it comes to IF is to avoid over-eating during the times you can eat bc you tend to be under the impression that you're eating 'normally'. The easiest way to do this (for me) was just to cut out snacking all together (I'm a serial snacker lol) - since I did the 8/16, during the 8 hours I could eat I strictly ate breakfast, lunch and dinner only so I knew I wasn't overcompensating for the 16 hours of 'fasting'.

But anyway, I didn't do it for all that long so all I can say is that in the short term it's a moderately effective diet with no negative side effects smile.png

#3 그대로 Repeat…

그대로 Repeat…

Don't Stop

• PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:17 AM

I didn't do 5:2, but I did the 8/16 for about a month plus and I'd say it's the least difficult and least torturous diet I've been on. I don't mean torturous in the sense that the hunger was unbearable, but it was a more comfortable diet because it didn't strictly restrict what you could eat, only when. For reference, one of the other diets I've done was the keto diet (the super low-carbs diet) and as someone who loves carbs and sugar, it was horrible - I ate a single grape after like 2 weeks of almost zero sugar and I literally burst into tears because it was so sweet and I felt so overwhelmed with happiness LMAO.

Anyway, back to IF, personally I saw very little weight loss but I saw definite fat loss based on the fit of my clothes, so for me IF was very much a fat-burning diet (which is pretty much the best kind). I feel like my skin cleared up a little as well? But idk if that was just imagination or a good month for me lol. I think the most important thing when it comes to IF is to avoid over-eating during the times you can eat bc you tend to be under the impression that you're eating 'normally'. The easiest way to do this (for me) was just to cut out snacking all together (I'm a serial snacker lol) - since I did the 8/16, during the 8 hours I could eat I strictly ate breakfast, lunch and dinner only so I knew I wasn't overcompensating for the 16 hours of 'fasting'.

But anyway, I didn't do it for all that long so all I can say is that in the short term it's a moderately effective diet with no negative side effects https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I hadn't considered the 18/6 method because of my work hours but i'll look into it.

#4 Egoísta

Egoísta

The Devil of Rhine

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

Not on purpose
I just don’t feel hungry that much so I don’t record weight loss or anything

#5 Frachérin

Frachérin

♡ PRISTIN ♡

• PipPipPip