Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[NB] DIA makes their summer comeback that could be their last

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

桜の栞

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,678 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

2. [+499, -13] Their agency is stupid. If they had pushed Jooeun as hard as they could, DIA would be in a far different place right now.

I agree with this tbh their agency should try pushing Jueun as the face of the group. at some point she got the most views on her fancams among the group so there was interest. tbh I don't follow DIA at all but I got to know Jueun with her singing covers she does on V LIVE and events, she has a really nice voice, she's pretty and cute, she's a great dancer too. it's like she has everything to be a good face of the group and if they can build an image/identity to the group based around her as the face, it could work. because tbh their releases are always in different directions and it doesn't help them

I watched Jueun's fancam for the new song and it just confirmed what I think:

#22 jackblack223

jackblack223

Nugu

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

DAMN you OH server.  We are missing ANTIBUZZ!

#23 OmegaStar

OmegaStar

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Is Chaeyeon really past her prime?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

#24 Buttered Sone

Buttered Sone

Certified Soneroach

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

I wish I had a dollar for everytime they feel the need to bring up Chaeyeon's legs

#25 Playmaker

Playmaker

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:42 PM (Edited by 猿渡一海, 09 August 2018 - 02:43 PM.)

9. [+143, -4] This team will never make it, even until the day earth is destroyed...

:wth:

#26 sickwithsin

sickwithsin

☼ ☾ ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

9. [+143, -4] This team will never make it, even until the day earth is destroyed...

Such negativity ... What you put into the universe is what you get back. smile.png

#27 ché

ché

thirsting over cha eunwoo tbh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

It's sad yeah but there are so many kpop groups that never even got a chance to have a relevant member at one point, that ultimately ended up disbanding.  The way that I see it is if the group isn't making any money or if the members don't want to continue then it makes sense to disband.  It sucks that they never "made it" or stayed consistently popular but a lot of groups are like that where they're popular for one to a few hits and then they kind of fall off the radar--look at Crayon Pop, Girls Day, EXID, etc.  There's also groups that never get popular and those are truly the saddest cases, esp when they don't make any money and then the group disbands.

Unfortunate but at the end of the day, the company isn't going to put money into a group if they aren't seeing any returns.  That being said, I hope that they and the company make the best decision for themselves.

#28 My Everything

My Everything

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,908 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

It's sad yeah but there are so many kpop groups that never even got a chance to have a relevant member at one point, that ultimately ended up disbanding. The way that I see it is if the group isn't making any money or if the members don't want to continue then it makes sense to disband. It sucks that they never "made it" or stayed consistently popular but a lot of groups are like that where they're popular for one to a few hits and then they kind of fall off the radar--look at Crayon Pop, Girls Day, EXID, etc. There's also groups that never get popular and those are truly the saddest cases, esp when they don't make any money and then the group disbands.

Unfortunate but at the end of the day, the company isn't going to put money into a group if they aren't seeing any returns. That being said, I hope that they and the company make the best decision for themselves.

Uh Exid are doing very well...

#29 ché

ché

thirsting over cha eunwoo tbh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

Uh Exid are doing very well...

Okay, I was just speaking from my own understanding as I never hear anything about them anymore.  My viewpoint still stands.

#30 Solfa

Solfa

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

Unfortunately, I can believe MBK fucking them over like this. They give every group they debut a three year chance, if they don't make it during this time, they disband them/not give the members anymore jobs. If they don't disband them, I can see a subunit with Chaeyeon, Cathy, Jueun and Yebin coming, since these four have some public recognition. 

#31 seokii

seokii

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

I love DIA but it's true they're screwed... they were screwed... MBK took all their potential and threw it away

honestly I hope they disband just so that they can be free.

poor Somyi. she and Jueun joined a sinking ship, but at least it KINDA paid off for Jueun? not Somyi though...

#32 tiarabot

tiarabot

Idol

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

They have so many good songs though, is it a trend in korea to hate struggling groups without giving them a chance or are these comments from ioi akgaes?

#33 Syara

Syara

Did I make sense?

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

Does anyone have a link of the interview where Eunice told about this comeback being their last?

I can't find it anywhere...

#34 Akawaii

Akawaii

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

Does anyone have a link of the interview where Eunice told about this comeback being their last?

I can't find it anywhere...

http://kpoplove.kore...olonged-hiatus/

#35 lagomorph

lagomorph

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

They have a hell of a line-up. Unfortunate that they aren’t doing better.

Up, Up and Away!