Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acer

[kbizoom Buzz] K-netizens on Pann say these are the TOP3 boy groups of each year in the history of KPOP

a1-2.png

These are objectively the TOP3 boy groups for each year in the KPOP history

2004 DBSKShinwaGOD

2005 DBSKShinwaGOD

2006 DBSKSS501Super Junior

2007 Big BangSuper JuniorDBSK

2008 Big BangDBSKShinee

2009 Big BangShinee2PM

2010 ShineeBeast2PM

2011 BeastBig Bang, Shinee

2012 Big BangBeastInfinite

2013 EXOShineeBig Bang

2014 EXOBig BangWinner

2015 EXOBig BangBTS

2016 EXOBTSBig Bang

2017 BTSEXOWanna One

2018 BTSEXOWanna One

Sources: Pann

[+324, -181] BTS in 2015? Really?

[+297, -64] DBSK and EXO are their generation’s fandom kings.

[+189, -4] Those who are bashing DBSK must be kids. Just watch one of their past ddechang performance (ddechang: where the fans can sing along with the performers), you’ll know you can’t ignore their popularity.

[+67, -8] Oviously netizens on Pann are too young to know about the legendary Big-Dong-Shi (Big Bang, DBSK, Shinee)

[+47, -6] Reason why you can’t leave Shinee out: They have a ten-year-old fandom that can fill Olympic Gymnastics Stadium for three days in a roll.

[+43, -17] When you look at all of it, there seem to be only DBSK, BigBang and EXO

[+43, -5] Until 2009, DBSK had written history, my friends. Just atch one of their ddechang performances and then we can talk. How old are you? Of course Big Bang are popular to the general public and also have a strong fandom, but…Shinee, 2Pm, Beast and Infinite are also so famous that their songs climb up charts whenever they have a comeback. I think only when EXO debuted that DBSK’s popularity was evened out with the “Growl†syndrome.

https://kbizoom.com/k-netizens-on-pann-say-these-are-the-top3-boy-groups-of-each-year-in-the-history-of-kpop

I Need U snAPPED

Bts weren't big in 2015

Yes, they had both a Korean(inu) & international (dope) breakthrough

But they weren't known to the masses yet

That's like saying Pentagon was one of the top boygroups in 2018 just because they had a breakthrough with Shine

How you gon take DBSK out of 2009 lmao

edit: best hype song, i wasn't their fan even once but this song >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ekans bigbang domination tho

TVXQ should be here 

BTS to continue to prosper,cheers 

2007-present 

EXO, BIGBANG, and SHINee rlytearpls.png are there

In 2015 everybody dragged them and accused them for sajaegi, even they couldn't believe they have gotten popular. ohdearplz.png 

Wonder who's going to be there once wanna one disbands

girl group version looks like this

2015 TWICE

2016 TWICE

2017 TWICE

2018 TWICE

nah gfriend were the the top rookie gg in 2015. 2016 was twice's big break

2006 DBSK, SS501, Super Junior --  rlytearpls.png before my time,,, but was a good year

gg version, 2015-2018 is Twice at number 1.

Wonder who's going to be there once wanna one disbands

most likely iKON, SVT or NCT 

Wanna One is really popular in Korea, even in Asia but internationally they rly aren't at the top. I'd say NCT is more popular.

Wanna One is really popular in Korea, even in Asia but internationally they rly aren't at the top. I'd say NCT is more popular.

Asia is international :imstupid:

Asia is international imstupid.png

I know. I meant that while in some Asian countries Wanna One is popular (like in Thailand and Vietnam) on the whole, there are more popular boy groups than Wanna One - like in China and Japan they are definitely not one of the most popular korean boy groups. It's even arguable that in countries like Thailand that GOT7 is more popular than Wanna One.

BTS and EXO's popularity worldwide is undisputed but Wanna One really does not have a similar established fandom. They only really have a huge fandom in Korea itself.

girl group version looks like this

2015 TWICE

2016 TWICE

2017 TWICE

2018 TWICE

I don't know if I would put Twice for 2015. Even though they were formed on sixteen in May and it was a well received show, they only technically 'existed' (as in debuted) for 3 months in 2015. Let's not forget Gfriends megahit Me Gustas Tu AND that was also the year of RV 2 hits Dumb Dumb and Icecream Cake. Not to mention Shake it by Sistar was Huge as was Heart Attack by AoA who was a HUGE trend at the time  (The had just come fresh of 3 hits in 2014). And lastly EXID's Up and Down had just blown up at the end of 2014 and they were riding their wave of new found stardom

I don't know if I would put Twice for 2015. Even though they were formed on sixteen in May and it was a well received show, they only technically 'existed' (as in debuted) for 3 months in 2015. Let's not forget Gfriends megahit Me Gustas Tu AND that was also the year of RV 2 hits Dumb Dumb and Icecream Cake. Not to mention Shake it by Sistar was Huge as was Heart Attack by AoA who was a HUGE trend at the time. And lastly EXID's Up and Down had just blown up at the end of 2014 and they were riding their wave of new found stardom

TWICE in 2015 due to the fact LOA was a sleeper hit and made a reverse on charts cracking the top 10 also its the debut day of nations / asia's #1 girl group 

TWICE in 2015 due to the fact LOA was a sleeper hit and made a reverse on charts cracking the top 10 also its the debut day of nations / asia's #1 girl group 

EXID in 2015 due to the fact Up and Down was a sleeper hit and made a reverse on charts hitting number 1 

But I feel like it's kind of a hindsight is 20/20 thing because Twice did go on to become legendary. I just would hardly say 2015 was their year though if we take everything that happened with all girl groups into consideration. Still love them though. Queenschuplz.png