Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

café

For americans: would you move out of america? For non-americans: would you move to america?

A lot of people keep talking about how america is the land of opportunities yada yada. Would you leave it if you could? What about non-americans?

American and yes I would.

Jobs don't pay enough.

College is too expensive

Health care is too expensive

Housing is too expensive

I'm Australian and I'd personally prefer to live in Australia than in America

I would definitely move out. If an opportunity presented itself I’d pack my bags and be on m way.

Curious why?

I would 100% want to move out of my country but I'd rather stay in europe cause going to America would be aloT of money and I dont really think it's that worth it ^_^

Well i'm from the Americas, maybe you should specify North/Central /South America; technically i'm in America, but if you ment from me that I live in South America to move to North America, I would say only visit

Curious why?

I updated my post.

The country just really doesn't care about it people, it only cares about its dollar value

From an outsider point of view, America doesn't look like a pleasant place to move in and settle  anymore to be honest. I don't think it's still considered as a "land of opportunities" nowadays. There's a lot of other places that seem more attractive in this aspect.

Wouldnt move there. I have a really bad image about american society and the natural disasters scare the hell out of me. Also, it doesnt seems like "the land of opportunity" anymore.

Jobs don't pay enough.

College is too expensive

Health care is too expensive

Housing is too expensive

I hate to break it to u but america as the highest average salary in the world at 55k. for comparaison canada is 45k with the same tax rate. Unless u want to go to ireland every other country in the world is far worst. U could argue u have to pay more for college and healtcare but that's assuming u need them.

I mean there's a lot of reason to want to go elsewhere but in general job does pay a lot.

I'm American and I'd prefer staying
California's a nice place even if the colleges are expensive and it's harder to land a job 

I'm Irish and I'd personally prefer to live in Australia than in America

I wouldn't unless I got a really reallly good job there. I like it here too much though, it's home and I love it.

I hate to break it to u but america as the highest average salary in the world at 55k. for comparaison canada is 45k with the same tax rate. Unless u want to go to ireland every other country in the world is far worst. U could argue u have to pay more for college and healtcare but that's assuming u need them.

I mean there's a lot of reason to want to go elsewhere but in general job does pay a lot.

Ireland has the highest salaries?

This is news to me

Yea but put that towards housing (most houses are 300k+, one bedrooms are asking for 900+) or medical bills. Break an arm and it will cost you that 55k

Most college graduates graduate in 30k in debt.

Im saying they don't pay enough compared to other expenses. Canadas tax rate also covers health

would like to spend couple months living there, but no

it's because our cost of living is 13% higher than the uk