Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dream thief

Things you love about your home country

i live in ireland and there are many things i love about living here

- the landscape

irish landscape is honestly like stepping into a fairy tale. whenever i drive to through countryside or to the coast, i immediately feel great.

if you ever plan to visit ireland, i can recommend you to see as much of the island as you can. you won't regret it.

lrg_22574_623473312571e66839806f.jpg

Sligo-landscape-photography-workshop.jpg

900_1836595HighRes.jpg

- the food

if you like hearty food, then you will like the irish cuisine. we have everything from seafood to stew or soda bread. you really have to try it.

irish-beef-stew-horiz-a2-1800.jpg

irish-soda-bread-with-raisins.jpg

- the people

the peope in ireland are really open and hospitable. when i came to ireland for the first time, everyone was so nice to me and when you go in to a pub, you will get engaged in a conversation immediately.

- the history

ireland is full of history and folklore. you can visit many historic places in ireland, like the giant's causeway, dunluce castle or the rock of cashel

tell me more about your home country! :>

I love Irish humour, it's dry, dark, bleak or we just take the piss out of everything

I love that you can meet an Irish person anywhere and be able to start chatting immediately about anything and everything

tayto sandwiches

I like the rain tbh. its soothing

When we have a dry spell of weather and the whole country drives to tramore beachimstupid.png

I don't really like Irish food but  I'm always down for a roast on sundays

I agree about the history, Ireland has a really rich culture, it's fascinating 

Ireland is so beautiful, the people seems cool too, I would love to visit

I love the ethnic and cultural diversity of Brazil, it makes us much more open about other people and cultures

I love our nature. You can find almost every kind of environment here

maxresdefault.jpg

naom_5a684f0ba4575.jpg

viagem4.jpg

Belezas-Naturais-do-Pantanal.-Foto-CVC-D

aad6aff938f47df214a179393bd4f23e.jpg

pampas-gauchos.jpeg?quality=70&strip=inf

neve.jpg

Our food too is so amazing, unique and diverse

Comida+de+boteco.jpg

And, obviously, our people, that can be pretty dumb but also pretty amazing. Thumbs up for our sense of humor

Iran: the street food and the people

America: freedom & diversity...two things our president is trying to take away.

Nothing really. It's the opposite 

I'm actually thinking I would rather never have kids that actually let them be born here.

I wanna go back to Galway TT Irish people are so nice tbh ha~ The food is actually quite similar to german food, who is surprised lol

Germany: Something I really like is the landscape of the area around the Schwarzwald/Black Forest in the state Baden-Wüttemberg in the southwest of Germany, where my dad's comming from. It's beautiful and I'm always happy to be there, even though it dosen't happen many times since I live in Berlin, which is like the other side of the country.

schwarzwald_urlaub_1384c2124a.jpg

England & the rest of Britain:

• The Lake District
  • And as messy as it is, our history, it's so interesting
  • Our food, people always make jokes saying that we don't know food but they're just idiots that don't actually know shit about England
  • Our television shows
  • Our humour

I lived between two countries but I was born in France and I spent most of my time there so I'll just do this one chuplz.png

* I'd rather have snacks and candies (+ fruits juices) I can find in France than those we have in SK

* I'm not directly concerned but I think France is one of the easiest country you can get a visa to live there. France is a welcoming country somehow...? I don't know it feels like other Europe countries are stricter when it comes to immigrants. I'm probably wrong though I don't know much about these kind of things. ><

* the whole "aperitif" culture >>>>>>>> everything else

I wanna go back to Galway TT Irish people are so nice tbh ha~ The food is actually quite similar to german food, who is surprised lol

Germany: Something I really like is the landscape of the area around the Schwarzwald/Black Forest in the state Baden-Wüttemberg in the southeast of Germany, where my dad's comming from. It's beautiful and I'm always happy to be there, even though it dosen't happen many times since I live in Berlin, which is like the other side of the country.

schwarzwald_urlaub_1384c2124a.jpg

Ich bin auch Deutsche! Ich war schon lange nicht mehr im Schwarzwald, aber ich würde gerne nochmal dorthin. Es ist wirklich schön dort. rlytearpls.png

Ich bin auch Deutsche! Ich war schon lange nicht mehr im Schwarzwald, aber ich würde gerne nochmal dorthin. Es ist wirklich schön dort. rlytearpls.png

Oh man, ich war selbst schon lange nicht mehr da unten... 4 Jahre sind es glaub' ich schon >.<

Aber anscheint plant ein Teil meiner Familie ein Treffen zu Ostern nächstes Jahr :D Healing time~

I love Bali for the landscape, tradition, religion, food, and the people. Also, the atmosphere. It feels like holiday everyday especially when you can just go straight to beach to watch sunset with a glass of pina colada after work. 

Also, the blue sky. I know it is weird but I am staying in Jakarta for work and somehow missing Bali's blue sky. It seems like different kind of blue.

I live in Turkey 

-the turkish people is what I love the most they are so hospitable and kind hearted though as a country we are not that open minded and there are really dumb people out there but generally I love turkish people

-the cuisine is really sooooooo good.Especially the kebabis so delicious.

turkish-food.jpg

1200-165898968-turkish-cuisine.jpg

-its history is magical,the Anatolia was a home for many different countries and empires.The palaces and magnicifient historical buildings are so beautiful.

DO4-yJuXcAApsjo.jpg

depositphotos_112833988-stock-photo-dolm

-the wonderful cities like Istanbul,Cappadocia,Artvin,Antalya

kapadokya-ask-vadisi.jpg

7c8f7716-edaa-446c-ab16-38a9f6f300dc.jpg

%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%AC-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9

- our culture, our regional dances and our folk music "Türkü"

-lastly ATATÃœRK rlytearpls.png he is our savior rlytearpls.png

and many more things  ahmagahplz.png

Diversity

I currently live in the U.S., but I moved from Korea in the summer of 2017. It's almost been a year since the move and quite frankly, I'm still not adjusted to life in America. I miss Korea very much. It was home for me. rlytearpls.png 
Personally, one of my favorite things about Korea is the food! I also love Korean fashion. I miss Seoul.

I live in VA beach in USA:

I love the flowers and the air smells like flowers here.

People are very friendly.

I can eat authentic food from any culture here.

All my favorite bands play here.

Weather is tame.

Crime is extremely low.

Sailors are hot af.

lots of fun things to do during the day.

I can do whatever I want and no one can stop me.

This really gives me wanderlust... I've been lucky enough to travel to China and to Italy in the past few years and the culture and beauty of old countries is something else.

Living in America, or at least the parts of America that I've been fortunate to experience, has exposed me to diversity. Less so where I grew up, moreso my college. I think the US being a cultural melting pot is its biggest strength, and one so often forgotten by those currently in power. We are a young country, made of people from around the world. "American" is not a title one can lay express claim to and be selfish with, and as people try to define and limit it it becomes something I'm increasingly less proud of. Sorry to be negative in such a beautiful thread. 

On the flip side, I think there are a lot of really great universities in America, and that's something I find a lot of hope in. I hope that higher education becomes more accessible to more people, and that those fortunate enough to be able access to it take advantage of the opportunity to expose themselves to diverse opinions and people. 

Sweden: Progressive and secular country with kind and open-minded people.

Free healthcare and university education.