Oh, nice! Zixuan landing back to back guestings on 2 of the most popular channels in China! From your explanation, I'm very excited as well to see her and Wanghan now! I saw from c-fans that Douzi is a fan of Wanghan haha. Hope they have a fun interaction. I'm also looking forward to a potential Yibo-Zixuan dance moment. I saw clips of Chengxiao and Jieqiong dancing on this show, so there's a chance Zixuan can also, just hope it can be an impressive dance.
So what shows does CCTV have? Feel like all the popular Chinese shows I know of are on Hunan and Zhejiang.
I think Douzi will be able to really excel in a variety type show that's more a reality show, so her natural personality can come out better, and one where she's a permanent guest so she can come out of her shell better and get closer with the other people on the show. It's unfortunate, I don't think Chinese entertainment has a lot of shows that are good for idols to guest on. But let me know if you think differently, after all I only know a handful of their big shows.
Dance show would be really good, but at the end of the day, it will only provide temporary insulation to her popularity and doesn't lead to other and sustainable opportunities very well.
- "Douzi is a fan of Wanghan"
- That's very true. Although He Jiong and Wang Han are both big names around China, Wang Han is more liked by Hunan locals, cuz he made his name through a local talk show 越策越开心, and Hunan people are more relatable to him. He Jiong / Teacher He is more famous nationwide. Anyways two of them are representatives of Hunan and Hunan TV.
- "I'm also looking forward to a potential Yibo-Zixuan dance moment."
- YASSS me too! Yibo collab danced with Cheng Xiao and Zhou Jieqiong, there is no reason why he won't dance with Zixuan.
- "So what shows does CCTV have?"
- Spring Festival Gala, that's enough.
JK Although Spring Festival Gala is increasingly disliked by young people nowadays, you can't deny that it is the show that has the highest view rating in China. Each year you can hear people complaining "this show is gonna be more and more boring" sorta thing, but people still watch it no matter what.
I'd admit that Hunan TV and Zhejiang TV are huge, but no one in China think these two can be compared to CCTV. Just like our government, there is the central government, which is the most powerful, and down to each province there are provincial governments. So CCTV (in full name: China Central Television) is the Big Brother. It is the TV station out of all TV stations, and down to each province we have provincial channels like Hunan TV, Zhejiang TV etc. To be specific, the channels you are familiar with, in full name, should be 湖南卫视/Hunan Satellite TV and so on, which can be seen across the country. There are also some channels that can only be seen inside that province, like 湖南经视/Hunan Financial TV (this is where Wang Han gained his fame). To classify even more, there are also channels than can only be seen inside that city, like I live in Changsha, there are Changsha TV drama channels, Changsha film channels, and outside of Changsha, like in Zhang Jiajie, even if it's in the same province, can't see those channels.
Maybe CCTV is weak in variety shows, but it's uncomparable in terms of sports, economy, politics, TV series, news etc. CCTV stands for high quality, the official attitude, and "the face of China". Because of this CCTV shows are usually serious and educational, which is why young people usually don't like watching it (but the world not only consists of young people right )
Variety wise, it is true that CCTV always have awkward and dry variety shows like 开门大吉 etc, only old people would watch it. But don't forget CCTV had 正大综艺 (the dad of all variety shows in China, introducing tourist spots and anecdotes all around the world) and 曲苑杂坛 (introducing traditional Chinese operas), they also have 开心辞典 (Chinese version of Who Wants to be a Millionare) in around 2000.
Currently they have shows that's both entertaining and educational, like 中国诗词大会/Chinese poetry congress, 汉字听写大会/Chinese Characters Dictation Competition, 国家宝藏/National Treasure, which received warm welcome and highly complimentary. I strongly recommend watching them.
To sum up, CCTV is the big brother, without question.
- "Dance show would be really good"
- It is true that Douzi be on a dance show, where she can fully shine out. But just like you said, this way she'll be staying in her comfort zone and lack oppotunities to get in touch with outside people. Besides I don't think there was any dance show in China that bacame a hit though. Chinese people just appreciate singing over dancing overall. Like you can find on many forums, people who can sing but can't dance are usually seen as "strong", while people who can dance but can't sing well are usually regarded as "they need to practise"