Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Liliana

ꕥ Rocket Girls ꕥ Official Thread The Queenies ꕥ

Legit question. Why are you always bringing NPC/IP and comparing? Why everything has to be a competition?

And the comparison doesn't even make sense because unlike RG, NPC is barely even promoting as a group. At least wait for their respective debut albums to compare actual sales/numbers or something...

You are just giving me more reasons why RG will be more successful than NPC. 

• Dislike 1

You are just giving me more reasons why RG will be more successful than NPC. 

Okay? But why are you even bringing NPC in a totally non related thread?

And again, it's not even a fair comparison when one of the groups isn't even active. Using a kpop example, it'd be like saying that Red Velvet is currently more successful than f(x). Comparing active groups with inactive groups doesn't make sense because you can't literally compare their sales/numbers.

Edited by Gilraen92

Rocket Girls will be more successful than Nine Percent, that's for sure.

you always just throw unsolicited bold statements into threads without any sources or anything to back it up. they can both be successful.

• Like 3

Okay? But why are you even bringing NPC in a totally non related thread?

And again, it's not even a fair comparison when one of the groups isn't even active. Using a kpop example, it'd be like saying that Red Velvet is currently more successful than f(x). Comparing active groups with inactive groups doesn't make sense because you can't literally compare their sales/numbers.

Wrong thinking and bag logic, f(x) and Red Velvet are not in the same gen.

you always just throw unsolicited bold statements into threads without any sources or anything to back it up. they can both be successful.

Have you compare the activities between the two?

As of now RG schedule is a lot more packed than NPC's.

And no everything I post here have been proved to be right. You are just unhappy about some of the facts. 

• Dislike 3

And no everything I post here have been proved to be right. You are just unhappy about some of the facts. 

Groups from different gens can still compete if they're both active (see: Big Bang and EXO in 2015...). Meanwhile you can't compare active and inactive groups since you literally don't have the numbers of both to compare.

And again, what's the point of bringing NPC here at all when the thread isn't even about them? I don't see people dissing other groups in unrelated threads because it's simply nasty and unnecessary. Also, not everything you've said has been proven right? You even said Wang Ju was debuting and she didn't so...

• Like 1

No, it's not true that everything you post has been proven to be right. 

Every time you post, you take something that you read, and then put your own spin on it, posting about it only in terms of your own take on it without providing the original source

For example 

1)  You kept stating that SWIN failed because of hallyuban because Mnet threw them some straws to grasp at about appearing on one of their music shows. Why would SWIN fail due to Hallyu ban if they are under a Chinese company and are a completely Chinese group? Why would hallyuban prevent them from going on a Korean show??? It didn't stop Justin/ZZT from going on Produce101. Hallyban doesn't reach that far. You never cited sources just stated this as fact, and it doesn't even make sense. Because in your mind Mnet would have really done the most to save SWIN. No, they had shitty company. Nothing would have saved SWIN

2)  You took one article that was commentary and used it to imply that China's government disliked Xukun when that is definitely not shown to be the case, especially since he showed up on one of their programs talking about an old propaganda movie (all the movies in the classic chinese cinema in the 60s/70s were propoganda movies btw for those not aware of Chinese culture, it doesn't mean they weren't well made movies)

These are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head where you read something, and then twisted it.

You didn't even bring anything new for discussion! 

Anyone with eyes can see that RG has a more comprehensive, organized schedule than NPC right now.

We don't know what that means in terms of success, all I can say is I'm happy that NPC is very popular and that WJJW has a detailed planned schedule for RG

Edited by doby
  • Like 3

No, it's not true that everything you post has been proven to be right. 

Every time you post, you take something that you read, and then put your own spin on it, posting about it only in terms of your own take on it without providing the original source

For example 

1)  You kept stating that SWIN failed because of hallyuban because Mnet threw them some straws to grasp at about appearing on one of their music shows. Why would SWIN fail due to Hallyu ban if they are under a Chinese company and are a completely Chinese group? Why would hallyuban prevent them from going on a Korean show??? It didn't stop Justin/ZZT from going on Produce101. Hallyban doesn't reach that far. You never cited sources just stated this as fact, and it doesn't even make sense. Because in your mind Mnet would have really done the most to save SWIN. No, they had shitty company. Nothing would have saved SWIN

2)  You took one article that was commentary and used it to imply that China's government disliked Xukun when that is definitely not shown to be the case, especially since he showed up on one of their programs talking about an old propaganda movie (all the movies in the classic chinese cinema in the 60s/70s were propoganda movies btw for those not aware of Chinese culture, it doesn't mean they weren't well made movies)

These are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head where you read something, and then twisted it.

You didn't even bring anything new for discussion! 

Anyone with eyes can see that RG has a more comprehensive, organized schedule than NPC right now.

We don't know what that means in terms of success, all I can say is I'm happy that NPC is very popular and that WJJW has a detailed planned schedule for RG

1. Never said that anything about MNet in relationship to SWIN. 

2. The government propaganda is beside the point. The one article really did criticize Xukun about not fulfilling his contractual obligations. Can you argue against that? No you can't.

• Dislike 4

Rocket Girls will be more successful than Nine Percent, that's for sure. 

In reply to ^

Wrong thinking and bag logic,
Edited by ILIKE
  • Dislike 1

1. Never said that anything about MNet in relationship to SWIN. 

2. The government propaganda is beside the point. The one article really did criticize Xukun about not fulfilling his contractual obligations. Can you argue against that? No you can't.

1) Don't make me search the long ass Idol Producer thread for it

2)  

From your previous post, which I have quoted below for convenience (CXK's thread is much easier to search than IP)

https://onehallyu.com/topic/639397-%E3%80%90-nine-percent-center-%E2%98%86-cai-xukun-%E2%98%86-official-thread-%E3%80%91/page-11

You took what was an opinion/commentary article about china's idol industry to extrapolate, and twist it to  make it sound like China's government didn't support Cai Xukun, when that is really not the truth. I didn't like that. If you aren't sure, don't make bold statements and strong words like condemn

http://ent.people.com.cn/n1/2018/0425/c1012-29949863.html

^

The Chinese Communist Party government's official online newspaper supports Cai Xukun's former company and condemns Cai Xukun from breaking away from his contract obligations. 

Edited by doby
  • Like 3

Damn, what a pretty group!! Just hoping they will release some bops now!! 

DhDplsmWsAEZMwm.jpg

damn, i can't remember seeing this Mengjie girl in the whole show. Gotta watch it again to see why she made to RG.

Could we end the Rocket Girls vs Nine Percent argument? Girl groups and boy groups don't even have much of a conflict of interest, so what is there even to argue about?

RG has way better resources thanks to Tencent but far less hardcore fans while NPC has a much bigger hardcore fanbase but, judging by what they've done in the three months since debuting, woefully incompetent management. Who knows how things are going to turn out, they both lack something important that the other has right now and they both need to put out some actual good music as soon as possible.

(Also, on an unrelated note: some of RG's McDonald ads showed up on the iQiyi app's front page, which is hilarious. Either they don't consider a girl group a rival to their boy group or the money was just too good to turn down)

Edited by jestss
  • Like 1

yeah I notice I forgot Xuan Yi, your description fits it perfectly , I add it

I haven't seen fast furious so I don't undestand your references but you gave me an idea

maybe she can be the exotic one? I always found Ziting pretty in a diffrent exotic way plus she is one of the few foreigner members

Also forgot Zining if anyone can help me with that much appreciated laugh.png

For Zi Ning, maybe sweet but awkward one? She was nice to look after Renyu when they went to Ikea but then embarrassed her with that public address looking for her. Can't forget her Minion impersonations too. imhappyplz.png

Could we end the Rocket Girls vs Nine Percent argument? Girl groups and boy groups don't even have much of a conflict of interest, so what is there even to argue about?

RG has way better resources thanks to Tencent but far less hardcore fans while NPC has a much bigger hardcore fanbase but, judging by what they've done in the three months since debuting, woefully incompetent management. Who knows how things are going to turn out, they both lack something important that the other has right now and they both need to put out some actual good music as soon as possible.

(Also, on an unrelated note: some of RG's McDonald ads showed up on the iQiyi app's front page, which is hilarious. Either they don't consider a girl group a rival to their boy group or the money was just too good to turn down)

Pretty much this. In general, they don't even have the same target market. Not to mention that more than one group can be successful at the same time. This is starting to look like kpop fandom, where people fight all the time over which group is more popular and be like "your group is a flop compared to mine".

And precisely, in kpop people write off a lot of groups as flops when they've been inactive for a long time or when they have 1-2 failed comebacks but sometimes they comeback stronger than ever (ie: Gfriend, AOA, iKON) and haters have to eat their words so...literally nothing is written yet. NEX7 alone (the Yuehua group with 3 of NPC members) has already sold nearly 700k of their debut single so I doubt NPC's debut is gonna do worse than that. But if they haven't released anything as a group yet, you don't have sales/data to say they're doing well or bad.

It was literally one user who started the argument bringing NPC randomly in a totally unrelated thread tho, because apparently this user is not happy if they aren't dissing the IP contestants 24/7.

Edited by Gilraen92
  • Like 2

For Zi Ning, maybe sweet but awkward one? She was nice to look after Renyu when they went to Ikea but then embarrassed her with that public address looking for her. Can't forget her Minion impersonations too. imhappyplz.png

Zining wasn't the one who put in the request for the public announcement though, she was as surprised as Renyu and everyone wise when they announced her as Renyu's mother lol. Sweet but awkward fits though, she's known for making jokes that fall flat apparently

man, it's disheartening to see that there's already friction (and here i am hoping that npc and rg would do a collaboration performance of some sorts in the future since one group is vocal heavy and the other is rap heavy and both groups are great performers. wishful thinking on my part lol)

on another note i under what their debut concept will be like. I hope it's not something too cutesy. 

Zining wasn't the one who put in the request for the public announcement though, she was as surprised as Renyu and everyone wise when they announced her as Renyu's mother lol. Sweet but awkward fits though, she's known for making jokes that fall flat apparently

now i feel sad that this mother and daughter got separated warstarplz.png

Oh right, my bad. I guess her fangirling and interactions with HYT kind of fit the bill of sweet but awkward too then. 

yeah I notice that too,

I think that's the formula to a sucessfull big group: From day one you make a distinction between the members by marketing them using diffrent archetypes/Characters: the sexy one, the serious one edc

It's quiet easy to do that with the girls since they have so distictive personality and auras what do you guys thin suits the girls the best from what I gather for this thread is

Mei Qi- Sexy, alluring one

Xuan Yi- Perfect pretty princess one

Chaoyue- Clumsy, ditsy relatable one

Yami- Rebel, badass, cool one

Aojuan- Down to earth, pure , simple one (I agree with the first love description

Meiyun- Cute adorable one

Sunnee- Tomboy one

Ziting- Exotic One

Zining-?

Fujing- Elegant , Chick ,Cold one

Mengjie-Down to earth, funny, chilled one

What do you guys think??

More and more I see their potential is great if their manager play their cards right the group will be a huge hit, I'm excited they have a date already for the single tho, I really hope the song and dance are goodahmagahplz.png

YAS I can see your point too! The group is so versatile and that one of the reasons that I want to follow it

Haha I'm laughing at how gorgeous they look when Fu Jing's sitting in a bunch of tires, and Xu Mengjie is probably working her gluts overtime to keep sitting on that one spare tire. She is like defying gravity or something because she looks like she's sitting on nothing.