Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Official World Cup 2018 Thread **Congratulations France**

football russia 2018 world cup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2543 replies to this topic

#2541 puellarumGeneratio()

puellarumGeneratio()

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:14 AM

Shhhhhhh
We know how it goes in Europe

Yeah, some people are racist, let's embrace it rolleyes.gif

Those players didn't work hard for their country (and for themselves) to be called Africans. It is part of their identity, it's where some of their ancestors are from, but people who say "Africa won" aren't just referring innocently to their origins, they're making a point.

#2542 Caramelt

Caramelt

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

But their semifinals against Belgium was more theatre than it was football

If I can give credit to France for anything it is that they have a team that knows how to party, and is the first African team to win the WC

Maybe it's a bit late, but in that match, aside from ugliness at the end, France was a lot better than Belgium, and they're the best in term of both players and team plan in the tournament.

France's defense helped them winning. They locked Belgium's midfield, and locked Belgium's attack basically (It could be more than 1-0)

Belgium knew 3-4-3 won't work with France but still used it.

And France was better than Croatia, I understand if it's like WC2006, but this year, France is clearly the best team.

I don't know why it's hard to accept that France's game plan is the best this tournament.

#2543 Souichi

Souichi

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,778 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

Shhhhhhh
We know how it goes in Europe

No you know shit. Americans talking for black people in europe are ridiculous.
They don't even understand others country culture, history and society they just want to force their own pov on foreigners because only american pov is real.
So yeah, this american guy really doesn't understand anything.

#2544 Delincious

Delincious

♥ Sx #1 stan ♥

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:49 AM

No you know shit. Americans talking for black people in europe are ridiculous.
They don't even understand others country culture, history and society they just want to force their own pov on foreigners because only american pov is real.
So yeah, this american guy really doesn't understand anything.

i log in every month but yes, couldnt upvote this enough 

the players themselves expressed their dislike at being called african, never because they're ashamed of their family or origins, because they're not, but because people who say that, from one side or the other, actively deny their french citizenship by doing so. so there's nothing more to discuss 

africa also isnt a country in case our american friends here didnt know

Up, Up and Away!