Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Rinne

Announcement OH! Press is looking for translators

Hello!

We are looking for translators (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) to aid us with our projects that require such skill, namely Light Novel Translation project and Scanlation project.

For LN Translation, we are currently working on a Japanese light novel commonly known as Youjitsu or Classroom of the Elite. We've been working on it since last year but we surely can proceed faster and more efficiently with more Japanese translators on board.

Other than that, we are also currently working on Scanlation project where we "scanlate" manga/manhwa that are in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean into English. So for this project, we are accepting all three aforementioned translators to help us scanlate faster and work on more of your favorite series (you can request us to scanlate series of your liking too actually and we will consider them).

Lastly, we are also desperately looking for Korean translators to aid us with Korean interviews. Of course, other translators will work on interviews too (in any of the three core languages) if needed but right now, we are totally understaffed in regards of having a Korean translator in our team.

If you are interested and seeking for more hands-on experience with translation work (plus you get to interview celebs you know), PM me. If you have any questions, just ask me here or if you seek for a more personal consultation just PM me then.

No deadline, but we need them as soon as possible

That is all and good luck!

FAQ

Q: Why does OH! Press needs a translator?

A: Because we are actively working on interviews and also other projects that require translation.

Q: Why does OH! Press has so many members?

A: OH! Press is actually three teams crunched into one and I am the mayonnaise. In OH! Press there are three major units; writers, gfx, and translators - all working together to form a giant evil robot that oppress people. Also I'm the lubricant.

Q: Can I request interviews after joining the team?

A: Of course, because all the interviews that we've done were requested by the members themselves.

• Like 14

I don't know if he already applied or what but you guys should try asking Hentai for Japanese trans, he did some trans for the drama anone

• Like 2

I'm not fluent in Japanese but I majored in it and just finished all Japanese programs that my college offered, I'm no master but my Japanese might be sufficient. So if y'all are desperate I could give it a shot (it would probably be good for me too cause then I'd get to keep the Japanese fresh in my mind) Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

Good luck to eveyone applying, press team is waiting to welcome you with lots of love and hugs ohbi.png

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to apply, guys..Even if your skills are rusty, it's always worth a try..

also don't worry, Rinne doesn't always bite

I'm not fluent in Japanese but I majored in it and just finished all Japanese programs that my college offered, I'm no master but my Japanese might be sufficient. So if y'all are desperate I could give it a shot (it would probably be good for me too cause then I'd get to keep the Japanese fresh in my mind) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're interested in applying, can you send some of your translation samples to rinne? You can follow this form and send it through pm. Or if you'd like, you can translate from samples of our choice too..

It's worth the try, really.

Edited by Lucia-nim
  • Like 1

If you're interested in applying, can you send some of your translation samples to rinne? You can follow this form and send it through pm. Or if you'd like, you can translate from samples of our choice too..

It's worth the try, really.

Oh if you could throw to me some samples for me to translate, that'd be chill!

tumblr_mwfgv4V0YN1sqvhnao2_500.gif

Best of luck to everyone applying QRLGYBO.png hoping that many new translators join our family ohbi.png

I’m quite a noob on this site AHH I don’t even know how to dm. But I can certainly help out with Chinese translations!

I’m quite a noob on this site AHH I don’t even know how to dm. But I can certainly help out with Chinese translations!

If you want to apply, just send the form in the spoiler to Rinne smile.png

OneHallyu username:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
What kind of translation(s) can you provide? Eg: Korean to English
Can you translate both ways?
Why do you want to become a part of press team?:
Please provide at least 2 translation samples, no Google Translateâ„¢ allowed!

To send her a PM, just click on her username and scroll down on the right hand side of her profile to "user tools." Under that heading, click the second option "send me a message." For the subject, you can title it something like "OH Press Translator Application" and for the message, just paste the form in the spoiler filled out. 

Good luck!

Edited by choiyujins

If you want to apply, just send the form in the spoiler to Rinne smile.png

OneHallyu username:
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:
What kind of translation(s) can you provide? Eg: Korean to English
Can you translate both ways?
Why do you want to become a part of press team?:
Please provide at least 2 translation samples, no Google Translateâ„¢ allowed!

To send her a PM, just click on her username and scroll down on the right hand side of her profile to "user tools." Under that heading, click the second option "send me a message." For the subject, you can title it something like "OH Press Translator Application" and for the message, just paste the form in the spoiler filled out. 

Good luck!

oh new rule is that users with less than 50 post count cant access to pm 

To add to what I said before, apparently you need 50 posts in order to access PM. So you could either apply when you can access PM, or you could post the form to this thread. 

I’m brand new to this site but I’m a writer/korean translator. Could I still apply?

Edited by asdfjk515

I can help with Chinese and Japanese translations

I’m brand new to this site but I’m a writer/korean translator. Could I still apply?

Yes, absolutely apply!

EDIT: But just so you know, you need 50 posts on the site in order to access messages. So you could either apply when you can access PM, or you could post the form to this thread. 

I can help with Chinese and Japanese translations

Great, you can send in an application to Rinne smile.png

Edited by choiyujins

OneHallyu username: asdfjk515

How many hours a day/week are you on onehallyu? Few times a week

What kind of translation(s) can you provide? Korean to English

Can you translate both ways? Simple translations for english to korean

Why do you want to become a part of press team?: interested in translating

Please provide at least 2 translation samples, no Google Translateâ„¢ allowed! If you could provide an email, I can send some samples!

Where's the salary?

This is a voluntary work

I'm not sure if you still need Korean translators, but if I could help smile.png  (I'm not fluent but I have a Topik Level 4 as of last november - although I think/hope I've improved since then).

OneHallyu username: Evee
How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?: haven't visited much lately but I definitely have time to laugh.png
What kind of translation(s) can you provide? Korean - English 
Can you translate both ways? yes but Korean - English will be more accurate probably
Why do you want to become a part of press team?: I think it would be a nice opportunity to keep my Korean skills going (I plan on working in translation) and of course I'm familiar with kpop etc. 

Samples: I've translated some song lyrics on reddit (I can send proof that that's me 0u0plz.png

I also have some poetry translation samples but if you send me something to translate it would be better to gauge my skill for the kind of translation you need ^^ thank you

I can help translate in Korean

Hey! If you're interested, take a look at this thread and send in an application to Renn smile.png