Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

...So just now my class thought it would be a wonderfully GREAT! Idea to have some sort of homophobic circle-jerk

Lgbt Lgbtqa Homophobia Gay Lesbian Class Bisexual Transexual

11 replies to this topic

#1 SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Location私の部屋です.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:35 PM (Edited by SM's Kunta Kinte Silence, 16 May 2018 - 12:37 PM.)

Normally, I’m a pretty quiet person, I like to keep things either peaceful or nuetral as possible. HOWEVER, a little while ago while I was in class - i'm home now - the instructor began talking about bisexuality.

Now, I expected to hear a few ignorant ass comments or two... especially from the much older students in our class (who did not dissapoint mind you), but the level at which these peoplw began to go off one by one like a set of dominoes was INCREDIBLE.

"Some of these kids like to label themselves as bisexual when it's just a phase!"

"Yeah, yeah, and when I was young it was called being a tOmBoY!!"

"Yeah, I was ran off of facebook so many times, so I don't like talking about this kind of stuff, but it's like they are forcing all this gay stuff on us! And the kids! They are putting it into children's shows and indoctrinating them!"

"People aren't born gay, they are just confusing them!"

And so on... it was like ten minutes of so much ignorance, and instead of diffusing the situation, the instructor seemed to be enabling it!

I pretty much lost it when the instuctor brought up a scenario about an issue with bisexuality being if a man dating a woman and cheating on her and having sex with a another man and one dumbass who couldn't scrape together a single brain cell piped up and shouted "AIDS!!" as the problem.

I was so mad I ended up just shouting "first of all condoms EXIST, and gay men =/= aids!"

I wish I could have said more tbh, I'm dissapointed in myself, but the class was ending and I knew if I had opened my mouth any sooner I would have popped off too hard.

That didn't stop me from running my mouth as we all walked out the class though, explaining why they were a bunch of ignorant hateful assholes.

Then I heard someone pipe up saying "Oh, we don't even have a right to an opinion anymore!"

NO bitch, you have a right to your hateful ass opinion, that don't mean we have to agree with it or can't tell you that your opinion is hateful and WRONG.

Like I just can't believe after all the people who are murdered and killed everyday for being LGBT yout think it's fucking choice?? You think bisexuals donr EXIST??? You think when LGBT had to fight for what little representation in the media they are starting to recieve they are FORCING IT ONTO YOU????

Okay, I'm used to seeing all this bullshit online, but from real living breathing people made of flesh and blood?? In my area? In the same room as me? Talking all that trash?

Im still seething.

But what can I expect? These were the same people blaming the women who were suing Bill Cosby as being money hungry.

#2 Nofave

Nofave

Idol

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Locationkpopland

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

"Yeah, yeah, and when I was young it was called being a tOmBoY!!"

the fact that they actually think tomboy = bi LMAOO....maybe you never grew up 

#3 Seulgi's Jawline

Seulgi's Jawline

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationBlackVelvet's dorm

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:46 PM (Edited by SamRocky, 16 May 2018 - 12:46 PM.)

It's amazing how people still think being LGBT is a choice.

Sorry, but please explain how my body is attracted to the same gender. Do I have full control of my hormones and mentality? Can I control what happens to fit my taste? No? And tell me why I'd choose to be like this and make my life harder when this stigma against is pretty much everywhere while we're at it.

It's 2018 and this many people are still THIS ignorant, then they complain about how horrible the world is like they aren't a part of the problem.

#4 KNED

KNED

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Location70 miles from the coast

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:46 PM (Edited by KNED, 16 May 2018 - 12:46 PM.)

And this is the reason why so many people are afraid to come out.

#5 Yeriana Grande

Yeriana Grande

S T O N E ☆ H E A R T

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

They phrasing they use makes me think they are confusing tumblrinas who make up 80 genders with being bisexual. These made-up genders is why you would say "it was called a tomboy when I was a child", not bisexuality lol

#6 Naru4ever

Naru4ever

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationdreaming about my crush

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:48 PM (Edited by Naru4ever, 16 May 2018 - 12:48 PM.)

I'm really sorry you had to experience that kind of a situation.

Don't be disappointed in yourself, you did stand up and you said something, and it is truly hard to say something when most of the other people have another opinion.

I'm kind of shocked and also kind of scared how much of a backlash LGBTQ+ (including me) still receive for just wanting to love...

#7 흠!

흠!

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Location형섭

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM (Edited by 흠!, 16 May 2018 - 12:53 PM.)

LMAO, these idiots spewing that being gay is a choice, are probably the same that think they can't

have gay associates cause they'd probably "hit on them". Like... how hard is it to understand that

being gay isn't a choice? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a homosexual male, but trust and believe

if I was able to choose my sexuality, I would choose being straight, just cause of how much easier it is

to go through life being a straight male. And while we're there, I would also choose to be white, since

apparently choosing these genetic traits are now possible.

Spoiler

Here's the thing though honey, forget about these idiots, like seriously... forget about them, the best

thing that you can hope to get out of these idiots is a lesson to be more open minded, humble and

having a broader understanding of what there is out there. Be unapologetically you. Having to grow

up being bullied for literally EVERYTHING that I was, has made me into the person that I am today

and I have to thank those punks, cause I love who I am now, and don't apologies to anyone for being me.

#8 SJJD

SJJD

영원히 소녀시대

• PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Locationsoshi japan dorm

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

people continue to be the worst. i’m still always so shocked when i hear people being homophobic even though it’s old hat by now. don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s very hard to speak up in instances like this, especially when you’re in the minority or are personally affected by what’s being said.

#9 gimmi

gimmi

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

God, i'm sorry you had to deal with all of this...

This kinda reminds me of my math teacher

he is an homophobic asshole and also an "comedian"

Sometimes he tell "jokes" to the class and almost all the time the jokes are about LGBT+ people

he always say "I have nothing against them!", as if it would make the jokes he made not homophobic anymore

Because of him, the majority of the class now make jokes about LGBT+ people now and sometimes even make homophobic comments like "gays disgusts me"

#10 SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Location私の部屋です.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

I'm really sorry you had to experience that kind of a situation.

Don't be disappointed in yourself, you did stand up and you said something, and it is truly hard to say something when most of the other people have another opinion.

I'm kind of shocked and also kind of scared how much of a backlash LGBTQ+ (including me) still receive for just wanting to love...

people continue to be the worst. i’m still always so shocked when i hear people being homophobic even though it’s old hat by now. don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s very hard to speak up in instances like this, especially when you’re in the minority or are personally affected by what’s being said.

God, i'm sorry you had to deal with all of this...
This kinda reminds me of my math teacher
he is an homophobic asshole and also an "comedian"
Sometimes he tell "jokes" to the class and almost all the time the jokes are about LGBT+ people
he always say "I have nothing against them!", as if it would make the jokes he made not homophobic anymore
Because of him, the majority of the class now make jokes about LGBT+ people now and sometimes even make homophobic comments like "gays disgusts me"

Thanks. Tbh I was feeling uneasy about going to class tomorrow bc of all of this but everyones words helped.

#11 kingfei

kingfei

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

Even some of my friends where talking recently about how everyone's "bi for attention" these days and they don't believe it when ppl our age claim to be bi..

#12 Elia

Elia

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

I'm not even surprised, people say very dumb and insensitive things on the topic. 

What feels more painful, from personal experience, is when good people say that sort of shit. In my university class we had very few boys and there was this really nice dude. He genuinely helped anyone who needed tutoring or to be lent study notes, he was nice even to the more shy people and tried to talk to everyone. I really thought him a great person and imagine my surprise when a year into classes somehow we reach the topic of LGBT and he speaks up that he thinks gay people are sick, that being gay is a disease. 

Can't even put in words how shocked I was, as a bi person, to sit there and listen to that from a person I had genuinely nothing to reproach until then. 

All we can do is try to be patient and make them understand the truth while hoping for the best in the future. 

Up, Up and Away!