Photo

Kim Kardashian Under Fire For Promoting ‘Appetite Suppressant’ Lollipops

13 replies to this topic

#1 My Everything

My Everything

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,927 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:51 AM (Edited by My Everything, 16 May 2018 - 12:02 PM.)

hbz-kim-kardashian-index-1523886354.jpg?

Kim Kardashian sparked anger from fans and the wrath of actress Jameela Jamil for promoting “appetite suppressant lollipops” to her 111 million followers on Instagram.

The reality TV star on Tuesday shared a since-deleted photograph of herself sucking on a Flat Tummy Co lollipop ― which she described as “literally unreal.”

5afc2a9d1e00007d038e5aa5.png?ops=crop_47

The backlash was immediate, with fans criticizing Kardashian in the comments for promoting “such an unhealthy approach to weight loss.”

“This is disgusting,” wrote one. “Your fans are going to be seeing this and thinking that this is how to get your body. Eating is good for you, stop convincing people to literally starve themselves of food to get a flat tummy.”

“The Good Place” star Jamil assailed Kardashian on Twitter, describing her as a “terrible and toxic influence on young girls” and telling her to “fuck off.”

“I admire their mother’s branding capabilities, she is an exploitative but innovative genius,” wrote Jamil. “However, this family makes me feel actual despair over what women are reduced to.”

Other people echoed Jamil’s concerns, condemning the message Kardashian appeared to be sending

Flat Tummy Co’s website says its lollipops contain “satiereal” (an extract of saffron stigma, which it claims “helps control food intake, cravings and weight) and are “designed to help you suppress your appetite.”

“So with 1-2 pops per day, you’ll have your hunger under control and cravings in-check,” promises the company.

Flat Tummy Co didn’t immediately return HuffPost’s request for comment.

https://m.huffpost.c...r=Entertainment

#2 la vie est belle

la vie est belle

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

It doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

*goes to look up the lollipops*

#3 Nimz

Nimz

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationBM's left pocket

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

That comment on the screenshot is right, though. Her younger female fans are going to see this and beg their parents for these lollipops because they think they need them. That's extremely detrimental to a young girl's body image.

#4 Mees Madds

Mees Madds

Legend

• ~ Best of OneHallyu ~
  • 17,989 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:12 PM (Edited by Mees Madds, 16 May 2018 - 12:12 PM.)

She has 111 million followers?? Dafuq?! How many stupid or easily manipulated people are among those that will buy whatever shit she is endorsing?

#5 Iceprince

Iceprince

JB's husband

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationJB's bed

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Where do i can buy these? I need couple. This eternal hungry feeling is annoying

#6 My Everything

My Everything

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,927 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Where do i can buy these? I need couple. This eternal hungry feeling is annoying

https://flattummyco....ttummylollipops

#7 shawnee

shawnee

s ᴡ ᴇ ᴇ ᴛ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ s

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • LocationOur Spring

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Appetite suppressants help with overeating though. They're not entirely bad. She didn't tell people to starve themselves.

#8 Ihavepopcorn

Ihavepopcorn

~(ᵔᴥᵔ)~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts
  • Locationwatching the universe move for us ♥

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't really see the problem? She's not telling you to starve yourself.

And why the hell does she even have so many followers?

#9 bizarre love triangle.mp3

bizarre love triangle.mp3

High Mistress

• PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Locationfixation

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

suppressing appetite is NOT starving wtf..

#10 Lilies

Lilies

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationWaiting for LOONA's debut

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Appetite suppressants help with overeating though. They're not entirely bad. She didn't tell people to starve themselves.

#11 Boom

Boom

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

O0o0o I need this LOL

#12 6Kings

6Kings

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationTwiceland

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

I don't see the problem. She's not forcing anyone to buy them. She literally said "if" you want to get some to do it quickly because of the deal. Seems like people are attacking her for no reason. unsure.png

#13 rananicolee

rananicolee

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:54 PM

It says #ad before her post.

The thing with these sponsorships is that they tell you what to say and a time to post said ad.

I follow a few girls that were on the Bad Girls Club and two of them are sponsored by flat tummy tea. It's obvious they are ads. Now she's not saying "BUY THIS NOW TO LOOK LIKE ME" but rather trying to get $$$$ by doing an ad.

#14 BlazingCobaltX

BlazingCobaltX

Whipped

• PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

I thought it was something worse, like "fat-reducing pills!". 

Up, Up and Away!