Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Asian-American candidate slurred by black group of individuals, protesters demand whites "get out of the 'hood"

125 replies to this topic

#1 jamhexx

jamhexx

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:45 AM (Edited by jamhexx, 16 May 2018 - 02:03 PM.)

LINK 

Things got ugly during a San Francisco mayoral candidate forum over the weekend when protesters began shouting racial slurs, KPIX-TV reported. 

At the event featuring self-proclaimed “progressives” vying for office — Supervisors Jane Kim and Mark Leno — a group of protesters shouted down Kim, who is Asian-American, the station said. 

Video of the protest caught one of them calling Kim a “skinny-ass rice-eating m—–f—–,” KPIX reported. The man who utered the slur had to be restrained by several other men in the room. 

Other protesters shouted that whites should “get out of the neighborhood” and demanded to know why Supervisor London Breed — who is black — wasn’t at the event, which was held in Breed’s Fillmore District, the station said. 

Event organizer Agonafer Shiferaw told KPIX the protest appeared to have been planned. 

“It was a very racist. Very xenophobic, homophobic,” Shiferaw told the station. “Also very dangerous. It could have gotten completely out of hand.” 

#2 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

lol people will defend this... or try to deflect by claiming it's racist to point out the people shouting this were black or something. 

#3 Onehallyu#1NiceKongWeeOppa

Onehallyu#1NiceKongWeeOppa

Byuntae

• PipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

It is easier to blame than to solve. :)

#4 Yessey

Yessey

Idol

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

I don't understand black people, they are victims of racism but they are racist to asian and arab.

#5 Seulgi's Jawline

Seulgi's Jawline

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationBlackVelvet's dorm

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:01 AM (Edited by SamRocky, 16 May 2018 - 11:19 AM.)

"Black people can't be racist" some say.

#6 silicon soul

silicon soul

The Soshi Avenger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts
  • Location8======D ~~ <('o'<)

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

I thought "Poc can't be racist" :imstupid:

Fact is ANY race can be racist towards another

#7 Artemisia

Artemisia

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

well

go ahead and say what yall came here to say

#8 bcngtantrainee

bcngtantrainee

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Locationbighit | source music

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

lol people will defend this... or try to deflect by claiming it's racist to point out the people shouting this were black or something. 

there are blacks who sided with trump and are antiblack to there own race if this was alittle "but they will" moment to you, then your really not that smart you really thought there would never be people like this? lol it's all wrong but not justifiable for any other event towards their race

#9 Wendii

Wendii

Idol

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Seems to me the black man was upset his neighborhood is being gentrified!

#10 spilledmilk

spilledmilk

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationI can't fake humble just 'cause your ass is insecure

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

1) The blaze.

2) Your use of "the blacks" is telling

The title of the article is:

Asian-American candidate slurred at SF event, protesters demand whites "get out of the 'hood"

You wrote:

Asian-American candidate slurred by blacks, protesters demand whites "get out of the 'hood"

#11 Footprints

Footprints

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:32 AM (Edited by Footprints, 16 May 2018 - 11:34 AM.)

How come I never see some of you in articles where white people do racist things? imstupid.png

I don't understand black people, they are victims of racism but they are racist to asian and arab.

And vice versa.

#12 KNED

KNED

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Location70 miles from the coast

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Its super frustrating when american minorities fight eachother rather than ban together to fight systematic racism.

#13 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

there are blacks who sided with trump and are antiblack to there own race if this was alittle "but they will" moment to you, then your really not that smart you really thought there would never be people like this? lol it's all wrong but not justifiable for any other event towards their race

lol so blacks who sided with trump are self hating? Okay... anyway ur delulu 

And I don't know what you last comment is even saying. Learn how to articulate your thoughts better. 

#14 Footprints

Footprints

Trainee

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Its super frustrating when american minorities fight eachother rather than ban together to fight systematic racism.

Agreed.

#15 bcngtantrainee

bcngtantrainee

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:36 AM (Edited by bcngtantrainee, 16 May 2018 - 11:38 AM.)

Firstly, Blacks and Asians in California have so much racial tensions dating back to like the 80s so this ain't new. Asians didn't like them, Blacks ended up not liking them either and some fight never go away so I don't find this as a surprise all this is was a minority on minority conflict isn't any better but I need yall to stop acting like this is a whole new situation yet I see the standard "but black people can't be racist" sarcasm comments pouring in first other than the actual concerned ones but ok

also love how your source is the Blaze and you adlibbed the title of the article

giphy.gif

#16 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

Seems to me the black man was upset his neighborhood is being gentrified!

So y'all want integration but then you also want segregation (in this case segregated communities)... I really don't get y'all. 

#17 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

1) The blaze.

2) Your use of "the blacks" is telling

The title of the article is:

Asian-American candidate slurred at SF event, protesters demand whites "get out of the 'hood"

You wrote:

Asian-American candidate slurred by blacks, protesters demand whites "get out of the 'hood"

and here you see the deflection!!!! Like I said.

It's amazing, it's like you all follow a script. 

#18 bcngtantrainee

bcngtantrainee

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

lol so blacks who sided with trump are self hating? Okay... anyway ur delulu 

And I don't know what you last comment is even saying. Learn how to articulate your thoughts better. 

my dude literally tried to claim since he "help with black unemployment" they shouldn't be mad at him nice try

#19 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

Firstly, Blacks and Asians in California have so much racial tensions dating back to like the 80s so this ain't new. Asians didn't like them, Blacks ended up not liking them either and some fight never go away so I don't find this as a surprise all this is was a minority on minority conflict isn't any better but I need yall to stop acting like this is a whole new situation yet I see the standard "but black people can't be racist" sarcasm comments pouring in first other than the actual concerned ones but ok

also love how your source is the Blaze and you adlibbed the title of the article

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ru9sjtZ09X...

You also missed the part where they told white people to get out and were being racist against whites but I know y'all don't care about that so yeah. 

#20 Maluma

Maluma

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

my dude literally tried to claim since he "help with black unemployment" they shouldn't be mad at him nice try

defending their racist remarks, like I also said.

The mess writes it self!

Up, Up and Away!