Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Pepper

Chart WOMEN of K-POP — Album Sales ・ Debuts 2007-2019 [UPDATE: Gaon September & Oricon Week 40]

Twice slaying. #1 - 12. Queens. Anticipate #13 and #14 being snatched after this Special Album and JPN full album drops. 

Probably the best compilation I've seen. Thank you, OP.

• Like 1

another old single like signal is raising up. indicated new fans is coming.

[update] I've added SIX BOMB, M.O.A and Soda Bomb to the charts, even thought they've got no physical albums to speak of. Simply to kind of keep track of how many New Gen GGs are out there. The FAQ got a new question too (regarding Hanteo).

I've updated the charts and graph with Oricon Week 24 numbers.

*This was week 24.

Edited by Pepper
  • Like 1

I love girls, so I created this thread with the purpose of tracking all standard CD sales by new generation idol girl groups and their respective sub-units. If you find any mistake, please don't hesitate to correct me. I'm pedantic af and I need this chart to be as complete, accurate and clean as possible. My sources are Gaon for Korean albums and Oricon for Japanese albums.

[ UPDATE ] Gaon May & Oricon Week 25

PYy96NA.gif #64 - Dreamcatcher - Nightmare Â· Escape the ERA

PYy96NA.gif #76 - MOMOLAND - BBoom BBoom

PYy96NA.gif #83 - (G)I-DLE - I Am

PYy96NA.gif #90 - AOA - Bingle Bangle

PYy96NA.gif #95 - yyxy - beauty&thebeat

PYy96NA.gif #97 - PRISTIN V - Like a V

PYy96NA.gif #103 - UNI.T - Line

PYy96NA.gif #198 - Favorite - Love Loves to Love Love

✧ Updates every Wednesday night (Central Standard Time) ✧

↓ Here Be Answers to Possible Questions ↓

Why are you including girl groups who debuted all the way back in 2012?

Well, nobody seems to have any trouble assimilating EXO as a new generation boy group, even though they also debuted in 2012. Why are 2012 girls any different?

Why are you including singles sales?

This chart is meant to track all CD sales, irregardless of how many songs are burnt on 'em.

Why not Hanteo?

I don't fuck with demons.

Can you also do a chart like this for new generation boy groups?

No.

So I've been thinking. How we gonna count PD48? Do we not count them cause they aren't just a K-Pop group? Or do we count them because they are? I don't know how we are going to do this

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

So I've been thinking. How we gonna count PD48? Do we not count them cause they aren't just a K-Pop group? Or do we count them because they are? I don't know how we are going to do this

They will be a K-Pop group because they will continue to be named K-Pop, formed as a K-Pop group in Korea, selling albums in Korea.

They will be a K-Pop group because they will continue to be named K-Pop, formed as a K-Pop group in Korea, selling albums in Korea.

But if they debut in both countries at the same time and sell albums in both countries then what? What if they drop a  Japan single before releasing anything in Korea? They are being managed by Japan and Korean companies I think too. I don't think it's ever been said this group will be a "KPop group" they keep calling it a "Global Group" or something like that. 

Edited by Sasha_Pierce

But if they debut in both countries at the same time and sell albums in both countries then what? What if they drop a  Japan single before releasing anything in Korea? They are being managed by Japan and Korean companies I think too. I don't think it's ever been said this group will be a "KPop group" they keep calling it a "Global Group" or something like that. 

Then they will be like EXO, a group that debuted in both countries at the same time and sold albums in both countries. It's a group created in Korea, that's what a K-Pop group does, I suppose.

Then they will be like EXO, a group that debuted in both countries at the same time and sold albums in both countries. It's a group created in Korea, that's what a K-Pop group does, I suppose.

So hypothetically if a group was formed in Korea but for their entire career they've only made Japan music , have Japanese only members, have only Japanese tours, only have Japan activities, speak only Japanese. They are a K-Pop group?

Edited by Sasha_Pierce

So hypothetically if a group was formed in Korea but for their entire career they've only made Japan music , have Japanese only members, have only Japanese tours, only have Japan activities, speak only Japanese. They are a K-Pop group?

Lool, we both know, and we all know, that the PD48 group will not have only Japanese members. laugh.png But if they do their entire career in Japan they are still a K-Pop group. It's like saying that Supernova/Choshinsei/Choshinsung is not a K-Pop group just because all these years have been promoted in Japan and not in Korea.

Lool, we both know, and we all know, that the PD48 group will not have only Japanese members. laugh.png But if they do their entire career in Japan they are still a K-Pop group. It's like saying that Supernova/Choshinsei/Choshinsung is not a K-Pop group just because all these years have been promoted in Japan and not in Korea.

Eh, I was just seeing what people think. Ii don't care if they are added to the records. Just wanted to see. If people would add them to JPop records, KPop records, or both. I might do both tbh. I might wait and see if Japan considers them a foreign act or not.

I’m hoping for red velvet to be the 2nd girl group of this gen to reach 1 million sales

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu

I’m hoping for red velvet to be the 2nd girl group of this gen to reach 1 million sales

I will be adding PD48 to the charts and graph, yes. I consider them a (future) k-pop group, and I think Korea and Japan will do so too. ohbi.png

• Like 2

I will be adding PD48 to the charts and graph, yes. I consider them a (future) k-pop group, and I think Korea and Japan will do so too. ohbi.png

Thanks for the response Peppah

PD48 might beat them out. They could be third. Looking at their average sales they should hit 1M in 2020.

Edited by Sasha_Pierce

BLACKPINK is coming to crack the top 10 dominated by Twice.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

BLACKPINK is coming to crack the top 10 dominated by Twice.

I think by next year Top 10 will be dominated by PD48 and TWICE.  But BP will def be top 15 ~ 20

Edited by Sasha_Pierce

I think by next year Top 10 will be dominated by PD48 and TWICE.  But BP will def be top 15 ~ 20

We will see, PD48 is quite promising i can see them outselling TWICE.

We will see, PD48 is quite promising i can see them outselling TWICE.

Possibly. If they have Jurina and Sakura in the group, they are bound to sell more singles than Twice. Japan albums will probably be equal. Twice will still win out in Korea.

Either way Imma stan both groups so I hope they both surpass each other and form a giant wall together.

We shall see what these Two Physical Queens shall do. 

Edited by Sasha_Pierce

Possibly. If they have Jurina and Sakura in the group, they are bound to sell more singles than Twice. Japan albums will probably be equal. Twice will still win out in Korea.

Either way Imma stan both groups so I hope they both surpass each other and form a giant wall together.

We shall see what these Two Physical Queens shall do.

Nah.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I dont see them outselling Twice.

Nah whatohpressor.png

I dont see them outselling Twice.

Oh in overall numbers?

No most likely not. By the time PD48 Disbands, I've estimated them to be at 5.0M max.

By that time Twice will be around 7.7M max.

Twice will have more sales by then.

I was personally saying that Twice will outsell them in Korea. But will be equals in Japan if the show keeps its hype and the right girls debut within the group.

Lol 5m? I doubt that,maybe 1.

Oh in overall numbers?

No most likely not. By the time PD48 Disbands, I've estimated them to be at 5.0M max.

By that time Twice will be around 7.7M max.

Twice will have more sales by then.

I was personally saying that Twice will outsell them in Korea. But will be equals in Japan if the show keeps its hype and the right girls debut within the group.

Lol 5m? I doubt that,maybe 1.

Eh, if they are popular in Japan. Imagine that being 400,000 per single due to 48 fandom too. 

100,000+ per Korean album is guaranteed.

To be honest with 2 singles and 2 albums thats 1M right there with just 4 releases. 

Remember they have 2.5 Years. Pledis will milk them and release album after album.

5.0M isnt really a stretch if they are popular in Japan and Korea.

Personally I can see them hitting 3.5M ~ 4.0M. But 5.0M is within that range.

We are just going to have to see how their first JPN/KOR releases do this Fall.

But it's best not to underestimate them.

Edited by Sasha_Pierce