Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Pepper

Chart WOMEN of K-POP — Album Sales ・ Debuts 2007-2019 [UPDATE: Gaon September & Oricon Week 40]

WOW, your list is so big and complete, I'm in awe. rlytearpls.png

• Like 1

I was wondering why ppl don't use hanteo sales in this rankings?

Its inaccurate or just preference?

Thanks for compiling op, it’s neat and clear

Looking forward to see p48, g-idle , SM ngg and jyp ngg joining and making the list more interesting in future.

:meow:

• Like 1

Personally, I prefer using GAON because it incudes Hanteo AND Oricon sales of korean albums, and also revises sales on their mid-year and year-end charts whenever there are album returns.

---

[uPDATE] I've added a new column depicting album ranking changes in the chart, and a new graph to better illustrate total sales by group. smile.png

Edited by Pepper
  • Like 1

Why are Fiestar, Exid and AOA here, but no HelloVenus and Ladies Code ? Is there a critera that I ignore?

Why are Fiestar, Exid and AOA here, but no HelloVenus and Ladies Code ? Is there a critera that I ignore?

No extra criteria, other than the fact that I completely forgot about them. wthplz.png  But I've now added both to the charts and graph!

---

[uPDATE] Added all albums by HELLOVENUS and Ladies' Code. "0" means no GAON data.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider Fiestar and Hello Venus to be the same gen as Twice 

For this chart, I've considered girl groups that debuted on 2012-onwards as 3rd gen. So AOA, Fiestar, HELLOVENUS, Ladies' Code and EXID made the cut. ohbi.png

What Is Love? first 21 days of sales outsold twicetagram six months ilikeitplz.png

Edited by Elessar

Hanteo is usually used for short term data need (like music show) but in the long run, Gaon is more accurate.

It's a great thread. It would be nice to show which album are out of print, because their sale number won't improve much even if there is a demand. I know some album listed here that are really hard to find.

• Like 1

You did really good on making this chart. Like it. At this rate Twice will have like Top 20 spots by the end of 2019. 

Edited by Sasha_Pierce
  • Like 1

thank you for making this thread. This is very well made.... have an upvote from me :D

• Like 1

Lovelyz are selling so well in physical but it doesn't convert to their digital. Lovelyz just need people to listen into them to be considered top tier gg.

[update]

• I've now added all girl groups who debuted in 2012-onwards to the charts and graph. RIP me.
  • I've added two new columns to the TOTAL SALES chart, one depicting debut year, and the other the groups' current status ("A" means "active", and "D" means "disbanded").
  • I've removed LOOΠΔ's solo releases from the charts. I've decided to only include girl groups and sub-unit sales. Sub-unit sales are separated from their main group sales.

Next update will be on May 22 (Oricon Week 20). smile.png

• Like 4