Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Vision and Night Vision Official Suggestions Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 sublime

sublime

call out my name

• Graphics Team
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:35 AM (Edited by sublime, 09 May 2018 - 08:33 AM.)

180509_Vision_Suggestions.png

Suggestions you have about the new Vision themes can be addressed here by filling up the form below. Please be mindful while making commentaries and refrain from repeating the same suggestion by checking the list below the form first.

Anything concerning bugs can be issued in the Bug Report thread.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] Vision/Night Vision/Ultra Night Vision
[b]Suggestions:[/b]
[b]Link of the Page:[/b]
[b]Browser Used:[/b]
[b]Screenshot:[/b]

List of Suggestions

• Border in posts
  • Smaller Banner
  • Size of the Font
  • Make Vision a little more gray ✔
  • Darken background in Night Vision
  • Bring back + & -
  • Banner in all pages
  • Make the home button bigger/longer
  • OneHallyu logo at top left of the page - easier to click
  • Make messaging icon, notification bell and user icon bigger
  • Restore the profile background
  • Border in Night Vision main page ✔
  • Fixed top menu
  • Move user tools to top
  • Color code PM & notification icons
  • Different color for star and circle icons for threads that users have & haven't posted in
  • Match the color of the user menu & poll to the overall design

#2 KUMA-MON

KUMA-MON

BLINKS EVENT ONLY

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

omo wohndaemote.png

#3 Grape Soda

Grape Soda

✩ Light & Carat ✩

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,233 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:46 AM (Edited by Grape Soda, 06 May 2018 - 12:48 AM.)

I have several .... ill prob edit this with more.

Username: Grape Soda
Theme: Vision/Night Vision
Suggestions: Make the banner smaller, its far too big, Way too bright, (for night) grey on light grey is hard to see, the font on the main page is too small
Browser Used: Google chrome

#4 asdfjkl

asdfjkl

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:46 AM (Edited by asdfjkl, 06 May 2018 - 12:51 AM.)

Username: asdfjkl
Suggestions: Could you make the home button bigger/longer like how it was before?
Link of the Page: n/a
Browser Used:
Screenshots (optional):

#5 Sakura is Sakura

Sakura is Sakura

Do It Amazing

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

Username: Shiny AID
Theme: Night Vision/Vision
Bug Description: contrasting text boxes
Link of the Page: everywhere
Browser Used: chrome
Screenshot Link (optional):

i know it was said that the contrasting text boxes wouldnt change but honestly there are too many issues with it in terms of functionality, for starters, when copying text

this isn't a bug, this is how it looks for vision users when someone with night vision copies and pastes text from OH, also this part might not be able to be seen on night vision cos its typing in a coloured text since i copy pasted it

Spoiler

tl:dr please consider making an in between theme with good functionality

#6 Lil Ayy Big Gay

Lil Ayy Big Gay

♡ TRUST IN T-ARA ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:03 AM (Edited by Lil Ayy has InSomnia, 06 May 2018 - 01:05 AM.)

Username: lil ayy has insomnia
Theme: Vision/Night Vision
Suggestions: Make vision a lil gray, as users noted, its really white, i think a lil gray would do good in the background area

and make night vision a dullish dark gray. bg can be a darker gray

its good to have a lil color change between posts and the bg, as supposed to just one color so it doesnt look like a block

Link of the Page: 
Browser Used: chrome
Screenshots (optional): 

#7 ZikyungDerp

ZikyungDerp

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:22 AM (Edited by ZikyungDerp, 06 May 2018 - 01:23 AM.)

Username: ZikyungDerp

Suggestions: Make the OneHallyu logo at the top left of the page that redirects to the home page bigger so it's easier to click~ and maybe make the messaging icon, notification bell and user icon at the top right of the page a bit bigger as well ^^

Browser used: Google Chrome

#8 vivyun

vivyun

FIRST LOVE

• Graphics Team
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:26 AM (Edited by vivyun, 06 May 2018 - 01:31 AM.)

i know it was said that the contrasting text boxes wouldnt change but honestly there are too many issues with it in terms of functionality, for starters, when copying text

this isn't a bug, this is how it looks for vision users when someone with night vision copies and pastes text from OH, also this part might not be able to be seen on night vision cos its typing in a coloured text since i copy pasted it

Spoiler

That is just a formatting issue that happens across the internet as a whole. In the meantime, we don't know a way to make pasting un-format by default, but there is a workaround. We have options in the text box editor to prevent you from pasting formatted text.

Spoiler

If you check this option, in the future none of your copying and pasting will keep the text's original format. (In this case, black on white text vs. white on grey text.)

Oh and yes we have the idea of an inbetween theme in mind!

#9 Zeon

Zeon

Idol

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:34 AM

Username: Zeon
Theme: Vision

Browser: Chrome

Suggestions: 

• bring back the + & - instead of star and skull
  • the banner is taking up too much space. It pushed down all the contents/sections of the forum which is what should be seen first 

#10 HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

Kris's thot

• Events Team
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:37 AM (Edited by HATEmeCUZyouAINTme, 06 May 2018 - 01:55 AM.)

Username: HATEme
Theme: Both
Suggestions:
  • Make the banner on all pages, not just the homepage. The banner is a good way to advertise events and it worked well because it could be seen on every page. I like that the banner is big tho. I can understand why some ppl think it's too big but I think it's cool and the pics look great and it's a new and different look
  • Also add the option of a background picture on profiles. I like the header but I think a background pic as well would be cool

#11 Daria~

Daria~

Miracle Aligner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:41 AM (Edited by Daria~, 06 May 2018 - 01:49 AM.)

Username: Daria~
Suggestions: please restore the profile background photo to its original dimensions. Now, it just looks like a rectangle at the top of the profile page

Browser Used: Safari

#12 ZikyungDerp

ZikyungDerp

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:10 AM (Edited by ZikyungDerp, 06 May 2018 - 02:11 AM.)

I personally really love having a profile header, I just finished making one for my profile rlytearpls.png I'd like to vote to keep that instead of going back to a background~

Unless there's a way to have both?

#13 church oppa's otter

church oppa's otter

♕ ahga-leadernim™ ♕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:30 AM

Username: nation's otter
Theme: both
Suggestions: I love the profile banner. Please keep it.

#14 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,181 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:19 AM (Edited by Delphine, 06 May 2018 - 04:46 AM.)

This suggestion might get a bit technical, and probably isn't possible to do anyway if people don't code, and if the IPB version is too old (which it might very well be), but here goes.

Username: Delphine
Suggestions: Make the top menu fixed all throughout OH. Meaning that when you scroll down a page reading it, the top menu will always be visible on top, and easy to reach. It'll make surfing through OH easier and more comfortable.
Link of the Page: No links.
Browser Used: All browsers.
Screenshots (optional): None to provide, I could make a gif if needed, but I think I'm explaining it fairly easily.

So it might just very well be not possible at all, in which case don't hesitate to say so, but I'm just suggesting because it's a pretty nice idea still.

Make the banner on all pages, not just the homepage. The banner is a good way to advertise events and it worked well because it could be seen on every page. I like that the banner is big tho. I can understand why some ppl think it's too big but I think it's cool and the pics look great and it's a new and different lool

I honestly think that's a pretty super bad idea tbh, not as it is right now.
I get that people using banners to advertise their work through it would defo want to promote it everywhere (although I'd argue that not everything on it needs promoting since people use OH for very very different and legitimate reasons, and that maybe people will never be interested in certain aspects of the OH life no matter how many times a banner will shove it to them over and over again), but it'd be totally unwarranted and gratuitous like an annoying spam, to put it on every single pages of OH.
At least, not as it is, it'd be way too big. It's ok to be this big on the main hom page, but gosh, not every where please no. What a turn off.

#15 JimmyTutron

JimmyTutron

#rekt

• Graphics Team
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:42 AM

This suggestion might get a bit technical, and probably isn't possible to do anyway if people don't code, and if the IPB version is too old (which it might very well be), but here goes.

Username: Delphine
Theme: Vision/Night Vision Both
Suggestions: Make the top menu fixed all throughout OH. Meaning that when you scroll down a page reading it, the top menu will always be visible on top, and easy to reach. It'll make surfing through OH easier and more comfortable.
Link of the Page: No links.
Browser Used: All browsers.
Screenshots (optional): None to provide, I could make a gif if needed, but I think I'm explaining it fairly easily.

So it might just very well be not possible at all, in which case don't hesitate to say so, but I'm just suggesting because it's a pretty nice idea still.

I honestly think that's a pretty super bad idea tbh, not as it is right now.
I get that people using banners to advertise their work through it would defo want to promote it everywhere (although I'd argue that not everything on it needs promoting since people use OH for very very different and legitimate reasons, and that maybe people will never be interested in certain aspects of the OH life no matter how many times a banner will shove it to them over and over again), but it'd be totally unwarranted and gratuitous like an annoying spam, to put it on every single pages of OH.
At least, not as it is, it'd be way too big. It's ok to be this big on the main hom page, but gosh, not every where please no. What a turn off.

sticky nav bar is defs possible. we've played with the idea before but decided not to in the end but will revisit it!

#16 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,181 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:11 AM

sticky nav bar is defs possible. we've played with the idea before but decided not to in the end but will revisit it!

Oh why though? Was it not looking as great as desired once put into action?

But glad you guys might take it another spin, but don't feel pressured to, if it ain't good, it ain't good.

#17 Thay

Thay

ϟ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:25 AM (Edited by Thay, 06 May 2018 - 06:26 AM.)

Spoiler

I came here to say this exact same thing so I’d just like to stress this even more. “It happens in other websites” doesn’t cut it. We have a real issue here which is people have to do everything considering two wildly differently bgs, and we know for a fact that won’t happen and that legibility will be affected. Despite the best design intentions, functionality always comes first rather than whatever webdesign intent we may have. People are quite split between using Vision and Night Vision, so than means everytime someone picks a light or a dark color for their text, at least half the forums will have a hard time reading it.

Is it really that worth it to put this minimalistic design above functionality for users? That is an honest question.

I’ll fill the form with a slightly different suggestion, but in the same spirits.

Username: Thay
Suggestions: keep the background for profile and threads the same color on all themes (could be a grayish color perhaps).
Link of the Page: -
Browser Used: -
Screenshots (optional): -

#18 Sakura is Sakura

Sakura is Sakura

Do It Amazing

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

Username: Shiny AID
Suggestions: if it's possible I think it would be handy to move these tools up to or near the top of the profile pages, a lot of the time when you visit someone's profile it is to access these, such as to message them or donate them won, so it may be handy to have them at a more accessible location rather than having to scroll down a bit to find them, tho if it can't be done it's not really a priority

unknown.png

#19 Ihavepopcorn

Ihavepopcorn

~(ᵔᴥᵔ)~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:52 AM

Username: Ihavepopcorn
Theme: Vision
Suggestion: we need borders on Vision's main page as well, not only Night Vision.
Browser used: Google Chrome

#20 Irene

Irene

Anoniem

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:51 AM

Username: Irene
Suggestion: Keep Royal Hallyu theme as an option. There's nothing wrong with letting it be along with a new theme. A lot of people will be using Vision but some might also wish to use RH. So save that possibility for them please

Up, Up and Away!