Introducing the new OneHallyu theme: VISION

319 replies to this topic

#281 vivyun

vivyun

FIRST LOVE

• Graphics Team
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Ahhhhhhh I can't find where to change my theme please help https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

It should be at the bottom of the page like before. If it does not show up for you, please report it here.

#282 vivyun

vivyun

FIRST LOVE

• Graphics Team
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

Bug report?: Please make it so View New Content link is visible not only @ the index page.

Please report any bugs here!

Please give us the option to rollback to the previous Royal Hallyu theme. 

This new theme hurts my eyes regardless of which version I choose to use. It's either too bright or too dark. 

Some feedbacks:

1. Because of the different colours used in the post background for both themes, some posts are completely unreadable unless highlighted (which is a hassle and incredibly painful to read in the dark mode). If you must use different backgrounds, then consider pre-coding the themes to automatically generate the right font colours to suit each theme.

2. When you use dark colours as background, please slightly lower the intensity of the colours (especially the neon palettes) used for fonts, icons, etc so they don't stick out/float and hurts our eyes. 

3. The white version is too white. The plain and stark design doesn't help. Please consider using off-whites and use warmer grey shades for the background instead if you want it to remain white and plain. Introducing different off-whites and muted colours to differentiate sections could help too. Right now, the white theme lacks definition and is unfriendly to the eyes.

4. Please change the font type of your news feed to complement the fonts of the rest of the theme. It stands out like a sore thumb right now. Or just use the same font to make your life easier.

5. Please reduce the size of the main banner, it takes up my entire screen. We don't need to such a huge banner for announcements, it's obnoxious and frankly doesn't suit the minimalist concept your team is aiming for. 

6. The side of the emoticons (the big ones) bleed in the dark mode. You might want to consider reuploading a cleaner batch to rectify this. 

7. I can barely read the information on the member's panel because the grey blended into the background. 

8. Related to No.3, please consider using different colours to divide the sections on the main page for both theme. Right now, the main page lacks definition and is hard to navigate on site. Do consider reading flows when you have so many things on one page. Where should we read first? How should our navigation flow naturally when we read the main page? Is it up down, left to right...etc?

Don't be afraid to make use of your colour scheme (you have a nice palette), even in minimalist design. You can use them in muted tones, adjust the opacity and intensity and tweak it until it fits the theme overall presentation. Minimalist design is meant to be easily navigated and non-cluttered. 

I appreciate the hard work you guys put into creating the theme. But yeah, please allow us the options to use the old theme until these new themes are friendlier to the eyes.

I'll redirect you to the suggestions thread.

Don't think the video plays automatically anymore.

It's not a problem for me, not sure why it doesn't work for you, but we can take a look at it in the bug report thread if you fill out the form.

#283 vivyun

vivyun

FIRST LOVE

• Graphics Team
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

I see a lot of people want to have the option to switch back to royal hallyu, but wouldn't that create an issue with profiles and other functions?

That's very true, and it's the one of the reasons why we are on the edge about bringing Royal Hallyu back. Elements such as the slider won't properly fit anymore.

#284 yeojins

yeojins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,968 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Don't think the video plays automatically anymore.

Do you use Google Chrome?

#285 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,953 posts
  • Location𝚁ₑₘₑₘbₑᵣ 𝙼ₑ

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

the new downvote/upvote buttons are a big improvement, it's so much easier to click now! small detail, but huge improvement 

#286 Raziel

Raziel

Sephiroth

• PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

After trying them all. I am def liking the IPBoard theme the most.

#287 cloudyyoons

cloudyyoons

Trainee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationlove yourself 轉 'tear'™

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

omo this is really cool ahmagahplz.png

#288 cold hands

cold hands

Trainee

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

sucks u can't even downvote

becoming a shitty place

#289 vivyun

vivyun

FIRST LOVE

• Graphics Team
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

sucks u can't even downvote
becoming a shitty place

You can't downvote because you have less than 50 posts.

#290 noeuljjang

noeuljjang

chaekyung #1 stan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • LocationSING & CHAEKYUNG PROMOTER

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

OMG! This is the first time in like a week that I enter to the forum on the website and not my phone, and..... wow! It's weird but I like it!

#291 Yeriana Grande

Yeriana Grande

S T O N E ☆ H E A R T

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,533 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

That's very true, and it's the one of the reasons why we are on the edge about bringing Royal Hallyu back. Elements such as the slider won't properly fit anymore.

Sorry if I seem like a nuisance, but I'd like to ask that you still please consider it. I just can't get used to the new layout of the forum and the style of it, even ignoring the bugs, it's just personally unpleasant to me to use and I still get irritated trying to use the site for more than 30 minutes at a time because of the colors. I know you all said the team want to implement a middle ground color, but it still is not rectifying the other issues many users have and are not fond of regarding the new theme. I don't mean to sound ungrateful to your efforts at creating the Vision theme, it's just the minimalistic design is not for me laugh.png I would much rather my profile appear broken if it means the site is more comfortable to use.

#292 Yirenism

Yirenism

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTwiceland

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:12 PM (Edited by LeiLei, 07 May 2018 - 10:17 PM.)

Good job on the minimalistic clean theme and material design.

My only qualm however is that in the NIght Vision theme (The region below the DP), Using Light Grayish font (Im guessing #6C6C6C) over Dark Grey Background of  #434248 doesn't give much contrast for readability.

#293 caffe

caffe

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationStaring at Minhyuk's uneven blink

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

It's really pretty! Thank you  ahmagahplz.png

#294 johto

johto

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:58 PM

its simple i like it

#295 Moonflower

Moonflower

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

amazing ahmagahplz.png

#296 Wade-kun

Wade-kun

Idol

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

Do you use Google Chrome?

Yeah

#297 yeojins

yeojins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,968 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

Yeah

Chrome changed something in their latest update so it no longer autoplays videos in their browser.

#298 Beℓℓa

Beℓℓa

𝐎 𝐌 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀

• Graphics Team
  • 5,977 posts
  • LocationMark dying and clapping like a whole seal at everything Yukhei' says

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

Update

*You can now change the background color in profile

#299 Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Always broke

• PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

I like this theme a lot! ahmagahplz.png 

#300 craZy

craZy

Superstar

• Graphics Coordinator
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationLahore, Pakistan

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:24 AM (Edited by craZy, 09 May 2018 - 03:31 AM.)

Hello everyone! Thank you for your patience and feedback, our team has been work constantly to make improvements.

First and foremost, you may have already noticed we've added a neutral background to Vision. Secondly, we have renamed Night Vision to Ultra Night Vision, and introduce a new Night Vision which features a light body but dark background. This is to tackle formatting issues faced with a dark background. Ultimately, these issues will remain if you choose to use Ultra Night Vision, which better serves as a theme for a dark experience but if formats are a concern to you, the optimal choices for the time being will be one of the other themes. We will continue to work out a means for formats to function properly across all themes.

Additionally, we have as well introduced a 4th theme called Dynamic Vision. This theme features a light body and a background image that will change daily. Something to provide a little more color to those who prefer it.

Currently, the menu section is not very visible over some background. We are working on fix for this.

Finally, a feature across all themes, except Dynamic Vision, you may now set a background color for your profile. Currently there is a bug where if you have a header image set, your background color will automatically change to white. You will need to manually set a color to overcome this. We'll do our best to quickly fix this issue and as well implement a feature to add background images as well.

Thank you all once again! Our team will continue to make improvements. If you spot any bugs or have some suggestions to offer, please drop by their respective threads. Please do not create threads directing our attention or PMing any of the other staff teams, it is best to come speak to us directly.

Also, if you didn't catch it, Royal Hallyu has been reinstated for a grace period of 2 weeks. Please note, the theme is now obsolete, as such we will not provide any more support for it.

Up, Up and Away!