Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
blank_stare

Hana Nochi Hare Season 1 (Hana Yori Dango Sequel)

I’m hoping there’s season 2 since the book/manga isn’t finish yet. So far episode 1 is budgeted high. Showing some western brands as well Japanese high end brands. Those limos though.

Edit: Man Haruto has some serious obsession with Domyouji Tsukasa. Then again, he's dad isn't a good role model and he had to idolized Tsukasa. They permed Matsujun's hair!!!

Edited by blank_stare

i hope the subbed episodes come out faster im dying waiting haha.
It's so good so far, I hope it stays that way.

Most likely it'll stay that way, unless they drag it out like other dramas I know. 

there's already subs for ep 1 but the subtitles are so off sync.

I’m hoping there’s season 2 since the book/manga isn’t finish yet. So far episode 1 is budgeted high. Showing some western brands as well Japanese high end brands. Those limos though.

Edit: Man Haruto has some serious obsession with Domyouji Tsukasa. Then again, he's dad isn't a good role model and he had to idolized Tsukasa. They permed Matsujun's hair!!!

err not sure if you've ever seen the original but there were Western and Japanese high end brands shown in the original, too.

And MatsuJun also had permed hair in the original because his character Domyouji has permed hair. 2004 MatsuJun:

a5e1bd8523ee92c3c6a168fa5db7838f.jpg

Edited by lavender mint

the first episode was really fun! I wish subs were a little faster though

Most likely it'll stay that way, unless they drag it out like other dramas I know.

if you're talking about Korean dramas, Japanese dramas are usually shorter in length by comparison (10 episodes) so there's hardly any room to "drag anything out" because they have to fit as much as possible content into a 10 episode drama since 10 episodes is very short.

episode 1 is already subbed but the subs I've seen are terribly timed and don't match up with the audio. 

there's already subs for ep 1 but the subtitles are so off sync.

err not sure if you've ever seen the original but there were Western and Japanese high end brands shown in the original, too.

And MatsuJun also had permed hair in the original because his character Domyouji has permed hair. 2004 MatsuJun:

a5e1bd8523ee92c3c6a168fa5db7838f.jpg

Lol, i know. Just finished watching it. Its fun episode. Plus, I thought Domyouji would have kinda changed his hairstyle after getting together with Tsukushi. About the high end brands, the whole show was low budget you can tell. They amped it up this sequel. 

the first episode was really fun! I wish subs were a little faster though

First ep was subbed already but timing is off. 

if you're talking about Korean dramas, Japanese dramas are usually shorter in length by comparison (10 episodes) so there's hardly any room to "drag anything out" because they have to fit as much as possible content into a 10 episode drama since 10 episodes is very short.

I know Japanese dramas are short, but some of them can kinda get draggy too or too fast paced. Dunno if this show is 10 episodes long or more. If the ratings fares well, this might get a special episode.

Lol, i know. Just finished watching it. Its fun episode. Plus, I thought Domyouji would have kinda changed his hairstyle after getting together with Tsukushi. About the high end brands, the whole show was low budget you can tell. They amped it up this sequel. 

First ep was subbed already but timing is off. 

I know Japanese dramas are short, but some of them can kinda get draggy too or too fast paced. Dunno if this show is 10 episodes long or more. If the ratings fares well, this might get a special episode.

well, you have to remember that the original series was made in 2004. Technology has come a long way since then. It's not a matter of budget but the available technology at the time compared to now.

well, you have to remember that the original series was made in 2004. Technology has come a long way since then. It's not a matter of budget but the available technology at the time compared to now.

I saw the series when it came out, but I've always thought it wasn't as Elite as I've watched it back then. It felt more like a small school, considering they were supposed to be millionaires/billionaires in the drama. It felt staged imo since it looked like a studio back then compared to now where they get to film outside. 

The series is so much fun. You dont need to understand japanese to know whats going on so i recommend watching it even with out the subs. I really hope they will stick to the manga when it comes to the characters because theres more to some of the characters than what you would think the characters in the manga are very multi dimensional. If the ratings keep going up we might get a second season or at least a movie.

I was also watching from that site, but as I said, the subs are timed horribly. At first the subs are okay, but then around the part where Haruto secretly goes to the convenience store is where the subs get off sync, and then it stays off sync for the rest of the episode and it's annoying. And all sites that have the drama subbed use those same servers (Server M1, KVID, Streamango, Estream, etc.) as dramanice so it doesn't matter where I watch it, it will always be the same. Even the OpenUpload server, which has hard subs compared to Server M1, which has soft subs, has the subs off sync, and the other servers only have the raw)

Edited by Spring By Chance

I saw the series when it came out, but I've always thought it wasn't as Elite as I've watched it back then. It felt more like a small school, considering they were supposed to be millionaires/billionaires in the drama. It felt staged imo since it looked like a studio back then compared to now where they get to film outside.

but they did film outside back then. Almost none of the locations used in the original were filmed in a studio except for maybe the inside of Tsukushi's house.

https://fastjapan.com/en/p102443

The filming location for the school took place at Seikei University in Tokyo, both in the original and in the new sequel. The place where Tsukushi screamed at the top of her lungs took place at Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences though.

(Interestingly, Momonozono School's setting is the Seikei University library lol)

here's the full list of filming locations for both. They're both in Japanese, but the list of filming locations are in the box next to where it says 撮影å”力 so you can copy paste each of the location names into Google.

HYD: http://loca.ash.jp/info/2005/d200510_hanayori.htm

HNH: http://loca.ash.jp/info/2018/d201804_hanahare.htm

Edited by lavender mint

I was also watching from that site, but as I said, the subs are timed horribly. At first the subs are okay, but then around the part where Haruto secretly goes to the convenience store is where the subs get off sync, and then it stays off sync for the rest of the episode and it's annoying. And all sites that have the drama subbed use those same servers (Server M1, KVID, Streamango, Estream, etc.) as dramanice so it doesn't matter where I watch it, it will always be the same. Even the OpenUpload server, which has hard subs compared to Server M1, which has soft subs, has the subs off sync, and the other servers only have the raw)

I had the same problem so I downloaded both the raw version and the subs, then I played with the synchronization timing lol 

It's annoying and not easy but I finally saw the whole episode completely lol 

Im watching The 4th episode right now live and oh my god my heart aches for Haruto. He is such a good kid but everyone is out to sabotage his relationship with Otowarstarplz.png

but they did film outside back then. Almost none of the locations used in the original were filmed in a studio except for maybe the inside of Tsukushi's house.

https://fastjapan.com/en/p102443

The filming location for the school took place at Seikei University in Tokyo, both in the original and in the new sequel. The place where Tsukushi screamed at the top of her lungs took place at Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences though.

(Interestingly, Momonozono School's setting is the Seikei University library lol)

here's the full list of filming locations for both. They're both in Japanese, but the list of filming locations are in the box next to where it says 撮影å”力 so you can copy paste each of the location names into Google.

HYD: http://loca.ash.jp/info/2005/d200510_hanayori.htm

HNH: http://loca.ash.jp/info/2018/d201804_hanahare.htm

I'm not just talking about the locations, its the production overall. Locations are the easiest to get by. The props on the other hands, weren't all the expensive looking. Idk how to explain it. This show looks much more high budget somehow. It's really hard to explain. Not saying this one far exceeds the original, since Nagase's acting still needs fine tuning, but he's turning out to be good actor. 

I only watched 2 episodes, but I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far. The new generation of characters are so different from the previous generation, but not in a bad way.

The references to F4 and the previous seasons of Hani Yori Dango make me feel so nostalgic. It's crazy how it's been more than 10 years since the first season of Hani Yori Dango came out. 

Eibi was an easy favorite but I’m not sure why.  I feel more forgiving of Kaguragi than I ever did for Doumyouji (probably because Doumyouji was seriously rage-inducing in those beginning episodes…err for many episodes, well into the series). The mom is adorably clueless. Kaguragi’s features look quite regal when his hair is smoothed back and I love that fact that he can’t fight for crap.

It’s been so long since I saw Hana Yori but I think that I like the motivations of the main characters in this sequel more.

The set designs are well-done, also. For instance, the Kaguragi family has that very large dining room, that’s practically empty and they all sit very far away from each other which is telling.

That first reference to the original F5 from Kaguragi, when just their silhouettes visible, gave me a bit of goosebumps. The scene where he was attempting to protect the students from the three guys went from bittersweet to pretty hilarious.

All in all, it’s not bad. I didn’t know if I was going to continue to watch it; in fact, I was leaning towards no BUT then she slapped him with a piece of meat and when he bit the guy because his baby taps weren’t working, I fell in love. I think that it will do a fine job as the sequel.

I really didn't know how much I would like this drama... I'm in love, my puppy Haruto deepstareplz.png

tumblr_p8h4qlP55u1vpmpmko5_r2_540.gif

I only watched 2 episodes, but I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far. The new generation of characters are so different from the previous generation, but not in a bad way.

The references to F4 and the previous seasons of Hani Yori Dango make me feel so nostalgic. It's crazy how it's been more than 10 years since the first season of Hani Yori Dango came out.

I'm kind of curious as to what Rui is doing 10 years later after the F4 graduated from Eitoku and why he decided to take a nap at Eitoku. I know he said he was in the area but like, if I went to my old high school and decided to nap in the library I'd get kicked out lol. 

I really didn't know how much I would like this drama... I'm in love, my puppy Haruto :stare:

tumblr_p8h4qlP55u1vpmpmko5_r2_540.gif

Might have to be the cute and innocent look vibes of Haruto.

I'm kind of curious as to what Rui is doing 10 years later after the F4 graduated from Eitoku and why he decided to take a nap at Eitoku. I know he said he was in the area but like, if I went to my old high school and decided to nap in the library I'd get kicked out lol.

Because he’s rich? Lol idk. I’d get kicked out too if I did that. Maybe he was visiting someone.

Might have to be the cute and innocent look vibes of Haruto.

Because he’s rich? Lol idk. I’d get kicked out too if I did that. Maybe he was visiting someone.

I read the manga chapter where that happened and he was just...there. He wasn't visiting anyone at all lol

Maybe he was feeling nostalgic? I think F4 and C5 have the same hangout area. I love that he was randomly napping at Eitoku. It’s so Rui.

I read the manga chapter where that happened and he was just...there. He wasn't visiting anyone at all lol

LOL