Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[Pann Choa] [enter-talk] EXO CHEN COMMENT ON BLACK SLAVE KUNTA KINTE

exo chen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#1 WonderTwice

WonderTwice

B612♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:54 AM (Edited by WonderTwice, 16 April 2018 - 09:54 AM.)

[enter-talk] EXO HAS YET ANOTHER CONTROVERSY THIS MONTH

People will start to shield him soon. When Baekhyun and Suho made racists jokes in the past, people were also shielding them. But just go on Twitter and see, even the foreign fans have acknowledged that he did something wrong.

For reference, Kunta Kinte is a black slave who is the main character in an American drama. In the V-app, the members put lipstick on Chen and made his lips thick and Chen looked at himself and said “I’m like  Kunta Kinte”

There are already comments shielding him now saying how this was misunderstood. But the video is out there and what he said was a fact so what’s there to shield?

HZRa_7KonywYt6AqNDhRTLi16a_G6cUSb--kk0Km
mMVNJPx0Mc1q3vxXX-TWstqCE2Jrz-3cnbc6jhXp

xGhwlNVN2o5Q2tc0wbPWFQYIq7CzD97Dw_NolfoC

post response:
[+562][-144]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 11:41 신고하기 You people commenting below, I get that none of these celebrities meant to belittle black people but even so, they should be careful. It’s the same thing as westerners imitating Asians, they say that they didn’t mean to belittle us but if they don’t apologize for it, we still don’t feel good about it right? It’s the same thing here. No matter if it was intentional or not, if the people involved feel hurt about this remark, then he should apologize. I know that Exo didn’t do this on purpose. I know that they aren’t bad people either. But I hope that they are more careful

추천229
반대13

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 12:40 신고하기 Why do people get into so many controversies on V-app or Insta stories? Didn’t they learn anything? It looks like the same controversies are always repeating. They should be careful with their words

추천221
반대26

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 12:29 신고하기 I’m an Exo-L who lives in the US and I’ve never thought about shielding this and I know that Jongdae did something bad here, so I hope that he releases a feedback soon and that he understands that what he did was wrong. Korean gag concert also always belittle black, Indian and native people and laugh at the way they speak. If it was like before, people would have just laughed off at his Kunta Kinte comment. But right now, doing such thing cannot be accepted anymore. I know that Chen is kind so I really hope that he has more awareness…

추천197
반대26

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 12:51 신고하기 At this point, don’t you think that something’s wrong with their personalities?

추천77
반대35

[enter-talk] CHEN IS IN A CONTROVERSY FOR BELITTLING BLACK PEOPLE

l2hQ7R_54l-Zbz0mq-JYvaUEuBmUmfovbiFaJoRK

post response:
[+1,026][-122]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 14:18 신고하기

(When receiving the punishment) Chen: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ yah, don’t I look like Kunta Kinte? Looks like Kunta Kinte though? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ ------ since people seem to agree with me in the comments ------- how would you react if another country did the same thing? If a foreign celebrity received a punishment and that they tied her hands and that they went like “yah, don’t I look like Ryu Gwansun?ㅋㅋ Ryu Gwansunㅋㅋㅋ” (T/N: organizer who marched against Imperial Japan)… I think that everyone in our country would be pissed up. Kunta Kinte was a character that represented black people when they were forced into slavery so that’s the same thing. People deserve to be mad at him and it’s no different than him mocking black people’s history

추천533
반대30

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 14:32 신고하기 Tsk tsk, these people are just coming up with one scandal after another every week. It’s just because the Ls are good at shielding them that none of their controversies meet to eye

추천352
반대70

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 14:11 신고하기 Hul… it was this bad?? The other comments kept saying how this wasn’t a big deal and that people are just overreacting but I didn’t know the story behind it. Hul, seriously..

추천334
반대31

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 16:45 신고하기 No way, this will end up like the Baekhyun scandal with him only apologizing and everyone going back to loving him like nothing happened

추천193
반대14

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 16:28 신고하기 He definitely needs to apologize publicly for this

추천145
반대3

#2 BadBadNotGood

BadBadNotGood

🐬

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Before I read this can someone tell me if the comments are stupid? I don't wanna waste my time.

#3 KAI PARKER

KAI PARKER

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

inb4 lock

#4 neon lights

neon lights

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Jongdae warstarplz.png why'd you have to say that smh

#5 XiNG4U

XiNG4U

兴迷

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

Before I read this can someone tell me if the comments are stupid? I don't wanna waste my time.

they're not

#6 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,423 posts

I feel Kfans gonna backtrack past controversies soon...

Anyway, this comment will get lost soon so...whatever...

#7 adda

adda

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,999 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM (Edited by adda, 16 April 2018 - 10:09 AM.)

kinda stupid. I honestly don't understand what these people want from him: harakiri, shave his head? 

ㅇㅇ |2018.04.16 16:45 신고하기 No way, this will end up like the Baekhyun scandal with him only apologizing and everyone going back to loving him like nothing happened

Let's be honest, EXO has alot of antis. This is their moment. Is not like koreans care about black people. 

#8 SweetInPurple

SweetInPurple

𝒮𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒶𝓈 𝒮𝓊𝑔𝒶𝓇

• PipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

inb4 lock

#9 Mangoo

Mangoo

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:00 AM (Edited by Mangoo, 16 April 2018 - 12:08 PM.)

There's no point in shielding him. What he said was ignorant and thats it. Stop denying it.

the users who are negging are really just....lmao

#10 girlcrush

girlcrush

뮤뮤

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

yikes..

#11 Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

Chen's comment was ignorant for sure smh...

#12 abra

abra

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,743 posts

They're not that bad actually

#13 Saint Rose

Saint Rose

ᴇ ɢ ☆ ɪ s ᴛ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

seriously disgusting

#14 giktop

giktop

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:02 AM (Edited by giktop, 16 April 2018 - 10:02 AM.)

I don't think this will reach Chen but it would be great if someone did tell him that what he said is offensive 

#15 Lolly21

Lolly21

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:03 AM (Edited by Lolly21, 16 April 2018 - 10:04 AM.)

Mess. What a mess ohdearplz.png

#16 Baekhyunah

Baekhyunah

Idol

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:06 AM (Edited by Baekhyunah, 16 April 2018 - 10:17 AM.)

Suho and baekhyun made racist jokes? Where?

Why am I getting negged? Screaming

#17 Lexurite

Lexurite

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

So where's the "it's his culture" brigade at? Even knetz are dragging him and saying this isn't right to say this. 

MM4Vw.gif

#18 Acer

Acer

🐍𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐘🐍

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

At this point, don’t you think that something’s wrong with their personalities?

I wonder.

Tsk tsk, these people are just coming up with one scandal after another every week. It’s just because the Ls are good at shielding them that none of their controversies meet to eye

Yeah, you figure it out. 

Hul… it was this bad?? The other comments kept saying how this wasn’t a big deal and that people are just overreacting but I didn’t know the story behind it. Hul, seriously..

Hul, itès but other comments trying to protect or not taking the issue seriously, what do you expect :é tragicity indeed! 
No way, this will end up like the Baekhyun scandal with him only apologizing and everyone going back to loving him like nothing happened
 Itès kpop, one thing good about is forgiving idols are easier since you are biased. 

He definitely needs to apologize publicly for this

Yes, he does, Ls need to make this issue go big and let SM know to educate their idols so same mistakes wonèt be repeated 27th time ;) 

NUATS3z.gif

#19 Spices & Devices

Spices & Devices

♡♥ELECTRA HEART♥♡

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,253 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:09 AM (Edited by Free Sungmin, 16 April 2018 - 10:35 AM.)

What he said was ignorant and problematic, and even if he didn't mean to say anything offensive (like I've seen some people claim), it doesn't change the situation - ignorance doesn't excuse anyone in any case, especially if they don't want to acknowledge they did something wrong. That being said, people can learn from their mistakes, educate themselves/let people educate them and apologize for their actions, and I really hope he will do so. I've genuinely liked Chen for years, and I want him to better himself and make this a learning experience, not just for himself, but for other people as well. If he, as a prominent public figure, acknowledged why what he said was wrong, apologized, and took the time to learn and spread knowledge about the issue, he'd be redeeming himself a lot in my eyes.

Some people seriously need to stop talking over people affected by issues in question, and go read Roots and learn a little.

#20 versace

versace

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

they never learn smh.................................

Up, Up and Away!