Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atulvells

[DISCUSSION] Is God real?

I'm pretty sure I believed God was real when I was younger but I'm not too sure anymore. What do you think?

I want to say “No†as I don’t follow any religion. But for some reason I also want to say yes?

I don’t know.

I want to say “No†as I don’t follow any religion. But for some reason I also want to say yes?

I don’t know.

sis we're in the same boat! I am just not sure, I think it is due to fear that I was religious all this time.

No idea which is why I consider myself an agnost

Edit: I mean you can also go in discussion with me instead of downvoting you know

I feel God's existence is based on personal belief. If you think God exists then that's it for you and God is present and real. If you don't then God isn't real because you have no need of a higher power.

i do think there is something based on a personal experience but i don't believe in god as he is said to be in any religion

Someone created everything, it's just not the being that the religions of our world say it is

God as it's present in the Bibles, I am not really sure. 

But God as a protective power which watches over people and gives everyone what they deserve based on how good their heart is, I do. I think it's a nice thing to have faith in God, it's nice to have someone to look at when things are harsh. It inspires hope and it gives courage to some. 

I’m not religious at all so I don’t have a lot of knowledge about this but I always thought when people respect and worship that being so much but that all ends up useless as he wasn’t there to save you. The most religious god worshipping people could have something tragic happen to them and would that be an upper being making those decisions? I don’t think it’s likely.

I believe God exists but I don't think God has as much power people want to believe, I don't think God can influence strongly on someone's path or else free will would not exist much like our parents, God just created us and it's up to us what type of life we are gonna live, there's only so much your parents can do, no? 

I just knew that there is a greater being than what people believed in this tiny planet. 

You need to define it first before discussing real or not

No. At most i believe we are our own gods. We are the cause of our joy and misfortune and we alone have to suffer the consequences of our actions, good or bad. 

Anyway, what sort of monster would he be if he did exist? I can't understand why anyone would have faith or want to worship someone that allows so much suffering in the world. 

I’m not religious but I do believe in a higher being in a sense that we are all God On our own. We make our decisions and we suffer through them if those decisions ends up badly or we enjoy the benefits of it. When it comes to religions, it usually deals with lots of faith, hope, and fear.

I’m not religious but I do believe in a higher being in a sense that we are all God On our own. We make our decisions and we suffer through them if those decisions ends up badly or we enjoy the benefits of it. When it comes to religions, it usually deals with lots of faith, hope, and fear.

Maybe, maybe not.

But we sure as hell don't know what a god or gods think of us, or want for us.

Science might prove everything, the creation of earth, evolution of man, e.t, etc. But like what Thomas Aquinas said, there has to be a prime mover, the beginning of all this. And I believe its for the better good of humanity to belive in God. Believing that doing good things, doing moral acts will give you an eternal life, is a practical way to keep the morality of humankind in check.

A nation with immoral people in it, survives. But a nation without morality will perish.

I'm real so yes

No need to thank me children for creating this hellhole