#1 snsdJM

snsdJM

MY❤NG

• Events Coordinator
  • 17,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

180322_Fandom_Wars_Header.png

!ITS A WRAP!

After months of battling and being at war.

Peace has arrived

This event took a long time not just for being live but even in planning.

I came up with this idea back in 2k16

Then by 2k17 i was planning to host in the summer since that is time i felt was best for this event but due to reasons couldn't

I wanted to wait till the summer of 2k18 to host but i could not since i had a lot of new things coming into my life and i was unsure of whether i was gonna be around oh when that came by

Thankfully it looks like i been able to manage all the new things so im still around

​Hosting it around the Christmas and new years was definitely something but not something i would do again or recommend to do

This event as i imagined is best suited for summer as people are more free so it gives contestants more time to work on things as well as the host and judges to be more free.

In the end i dont regret hosting cause it was honestly so much FUN and it was nice to see something i thought about ages ago come to life and me being the one that brought it to life plus i got to try out a lot of new things for events and overall events for the forum so that was fun.

If hosted again there would definitely be some changes such as different battles, hosting in summer and more so this was definitely also a learning experience.

I wanna take this time to thank first of all the lovely graphics team for helping me out with the graphics, my team for supporting me, and specially to all the contestants that took interest in this event specially those that besides the difficult times were able to submit as well as all the lovely judges that lend me their time and judged for my event.

xvhktVy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS

180322_Fandom_Wars_Winners.png

PEACE IS FINALLY HERE

HOWEVER, DO NOT FORGET

PEACE IS ONLY MOMENTARY...

OVER AND OUT

FANDOM WARS COMMANDER

snsdJM

b2uQOII.gif

Spoiler

#2 Kanon

Kanon

♚ REINCARNATION ♚

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts
  • LocationCafe Universe

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Thank you OP for hosting the event it was such a great experience. rlytearpls.png

#3 satoori

satoori

BTS PR Team

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,530 posts
  • Location망개떡, Texas

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:40 PM (Edited by satoori, 27 March 2018 - 09:40 PM.)

hmmmm

congrats to everyone

#4 we are pristin

we are pristin

• PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Locationwell you see my man is incarcerated, so i haven't exercised my mouth in a long time

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:41 PM (Edited by we are pristin, 28 March 2018 - 08:39 AM.)

200.gif

stop negGING THIS POST

JM literally said "peace is only momentary" so i posted this gif

its not shade u hoes lmfao

#5 Suℓℓy

Suℓℓy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,418 posts
  • LocationBehind you...

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

Thank you snsdJM for hosting, and to everyone that helped!! chuplz.png And for all the time and hard work you guys dedicated to running it and then doing all the judging!

#6 asdfjkl

asdfjkl

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

There are so many talented people on this forum. Congrats to all the winners!

#7 redheart

redheart

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • Locationyour favs dorms

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:44 PM (Edited by redheart, 27 March 2018 - 09:47 PM.)

I wanna thank you for this event, not only was it very fun it also allowed me to get close to some users on here and befriend them It got me to start dancing and doing fan edits again as well, it was definitely a great idea for an event so thank you for this

Congratulation to all the participants regardless of the fandom it was great seeing the creative side of OH bloom

special shout out to all my talented Aeris who worked so hard for this

and PCWHY hoe you're the true mvp, I love you

original.gif

#8 youtrieditduh

youtrieditduh

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationEXO delivers

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:45 PM

thanks for hosting  and to all the judges for taking your time to do this

congrats to all the winners ahmagahplz.png

#9 BeTaS

BeTaS

(≡・ x ・≡)

• PipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationI know location, but I don't know location's name

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:45 PM (Edited by BeTaS, 27 March 2018 - 09:46 PM.)

ty for the event, I have one question.  Is there a way to set a default theme that won't get reset?  I noticed for the purple fandom war theme from two months ago, every time I set it to another theme it always get reset back to the purple one. wthplz.png   

#10 수리수리

수리수리

THE CHANCE OF LOVE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,413 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

whats with the weird comments idgi

good job JM!

#11 snsdJM

snsdJM

MY❤NG

• Events Coordinator
  • 17,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

ty for the event, I have one question.  Is there a way to set a default theme that won't get reset?  I noticed for the purple fandom war theme from two months ago, every time I set it to another theme it always get reset back to the purple one. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...   

well you need to set up the theme both when you are offline oh like not in your account and when you are in your account

aside from that if you delete your history, cookies and such i believe it resets as well

#12 BeTaS

BeTaS

(≡・ x ・≡)

• PipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationI know location, but I don't know location's name

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

well you need to set up the theme both when you are offline oh like not in your account and when you are in your account

aside from that if you delete your history, cookies and such i believe it resets as well

oh ok got it. Thanks harharplz.png

#13 Ddeona Oneuℓ Bame

Ddeona Oneuℓ Bame

~There's So Much Money On The Floor~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,280 posts
  • Location~On a Pℓaydate with CBX~

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

THANKS SUPERIOR SUNNY STAN AND EXO-L WHO SLAYEDT

#14 starfruit

starfruit

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

thank you for hosting!! this event was fun and it was really nice to see all the efforts everyone put in for their fandom!
congrats to all the winners :ahmagah:

#15 VANTE

VANTE

universal bae

• PipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationTESSA VIRTUE IS MY WAIFU

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:51 PM (Edited by wildfire, 27 March 2018 - 09:53 PM.)

thanks for hosting

to be honest, i probably wouldn't play this again. i feel like there's lots of things that made me feel like the odds were stacked against me

12/18 winners in the battles were from users with 2-4 posts. a lot of them haven't been seen since the end of january, when they first made their accounts. it feels like they just joined to submit/brag about their prior work and then bounce, never to be seen again

the thing for me is like, i came into this event having NOTHING done and having to do it all in a short period of time and learn all the different software and try my best in every event. i did it because it was a fun way of filling the time on winter break and because im a completely active user on the forum. but, i felt like my work wasn't recognized at all because these talented people all made accounts and submitted and were heavily rewarded by the judges.

i also feel like all the results should have been revealed for the sake of transparency. you would never see in a sporting competition hidden results. everyone gets a score and its publicly revealed. when i see that no other results are given out it makes me feel like you didnt even bother to score the lower submissions, just went lmao and moved on. it makes me feel like shit tbh. if i suck, TELL ME i suck so i can improve

and then there was all the extension drama and all of that, this event basically just made me feel like shit and it stressed me out and i feel like awkward about putting myself out there and trying something new. but like, i can't compete against people who took months to make something, with the fanciest programs and education, when meanwhile i dont have access to the software cause i cant afford it and i had to learn things literally overnight.

i completely appreciate the effort that went into making this event, and i don't regret joining simply because of the people i met through the event, but i won't be playing again for those reasons. im not really even sure why im making this post but maybe you can find some helpful suggestions mined in here for how to make the event better

#16 EAU DE SLY

EAU DE SLY

one of golden child's five fans

• Yorozuya
  • 23,371 posts
  • Locationsucking kim minjae's diqq

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Congratulations to everyone, and to the events team as well for a successful event! :la:

#17 HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

HATEmeCUZyouAINTme

Kris's thot

• Events Team
  • 4,432 posts
  • Locationserving Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve & Talent

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

"HOWEVER, DO NOT FORGET

PEACE IS ONLY MOMENTARY"

reported for supporting trolling behaviour

tenor.gif?itemid=5598446

But really good job on finally accomplishing this mega event ahmagahplz.png 

From now on the name JM will be forever remembered for this dave.png 

#18 snsdJM

snsdJM

MY❤NG

• Events Coordinator
  • 17,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

i also feel like all the results should have been revealed for the sake of transparency. you would never see in a sporting competition hidden results. everyone gets a score and its publicly revealed. when i see that no other results are given out it makes me feel like you didnt even bother to score the lower submissions, just went lmao and moved on. it makes me feel like shit tbh. if i suck, TELL ME i suck so i can improve

I appreciate the criticism but i wanted to reply specifically to this paragraph the bolded specially

Number 1- this is something i would never ever do, i appreciate every single submission and take it to appreciation. Even during the event i would express because it literally makes me happy that people submit to something i created

Number 2- you were part of our team and i do not remember if you judged any of my past but just like in those i would always judge eveyr single one and make sure all the other judges did as well. I finished my judging for all battles a month or so in after the event closed and after that i made sure everyone else would do theirs. Furthermore, since some judges were free at different times and periods some users sometimes closed their submissions or such and in those cases i would always go and ask them to open so every judge could give it a score and you can ask those people such as carolinapanthers who had it open for the longest but then random closed and one judged had not gotten the chance to judge it so i made sure they judged

During another judging a judge accidentally skipped 2 people so i went back and asked them to give me their time again and judge those 2 they forgot to put in

You can even ask every judge how i made sure that every single one of them gave a score

Number 3- i would never laugh nor move on from a submission and that is why in the rules of the event itself i discouraged such behavior and if anyone made fun of a dance, singing submission, art, etc they would have been banned from the event so i would never do that when i am AGAINST IT

#19 Anki_tao

Anki_tao

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts
  • LocationVroom Vroom

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

Thank you for hosting the event ! <3

#20 snsdJM

snsdJM

MY❤NG

• Events Coordinator
  • 17,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Additionally one of the reasons why judging took so long was because literally i didnt want a single submission to not be judged or such, had i not cared or moved on and laughed then the event could have ended quickly but because i am against that and wanted to give free,fair and good time to judge i decided despite the backlash that i knew it could ensue and the more waiting to give more time to judge

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event, snsdJM, Fandom Wars

Up, Up and Away!