Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Mandilinn

Official Soratobu Kouhou Shitsu Thread ["The Flying Public Relations Office"]

118okds.jpg

Title (romaji): Soratobu Kouhou Shitsu
 Also known as: The Flying Public Relations Office/Public Affairs Office in the Sky
 Broadcast network: TBS
  Begins: April 14th, 2013
 Air time: Sundays at 21:00
  Theme song: Namie Amuro - "Contrail"

Inaba Rika (Aragaki Yui) is a director at Teito TV Network. Ever since her childhood it was been her dream to be a reporter. Yet she frequently causes troubles due to her aggressive interviewing style and eventually gets transferred against her will to be the co-director of an evening information programme. She is put in charge of a special feature on uniformed personnel and ordered to interview the Self Defence Forces. First Lieutenant Sorai Daisuke (Ayano Go) became a fighter pilot but injured his foot in an accident and got assigned to a department which he was unprepared for, the Air Staff Office’s Public Relations Department. Ever since the accident, he has never once shown his feelings. However, Daisuke’s superior Sagisaka (Shibata Kohei) saw through his “benign, mild†facade and placed Rika in his care even though the people around him said he was still not ready for it. It chafes at Rika to have her dream destroyed and she psyches herself for a comeback as a reporter by getting a scoop. With that in mind, she is constantly provocative in her speech and conduct towards the members of the Public Relations Department, especially Daisuke. And she says something to Daisuke that she never should...

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UAldLcix7U

Episode 1 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-1/

Episode 2 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-2/
Episode 3 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-3/

Episode 4 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-4/

Episode 5 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-5/

Episode 6 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-6/

Episode 7 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-7/

Episode 8 (English Subbed): http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-8/

Episode 9: Airs June 9th, English subs to be available soon after

~~~~~

Yeah, the description makes it sound dull, but this drama is excellent *___* I highly recommend watching a few episodes.

haven't watched ep 3 yet. Hopefully this drama keeps up the good quality it's been so far because Saikou no Rikon is starting to annoy me and i'm contemplating dropping it.

^ Gonna watch episode 3 now. From the screenshots and gifs going around tumblr, it looks like it'll be really good. Ina-pyon finally goes out with the staff XD

what does Inapyon mean? i understand it's a play on her name but i don't get the joke.

what does Inapyon mean? i understand it's a play on her name but i don't get the joke.

It's just a cute suffix to attach to her name. He's also being very familiar and unformal with her by using it.

"-pyon" can be an onomatopoeia for a hop or bounce, kind of like a bunny. If you remember in the first episode when the chief called Rika "Ina-pyon", he was making hand guestures for ears and was hopping around.

So that's what it means!

I'm done with episode 3, now waiting patiently for episode 4. 

I laughed so hard at the drinking gathering scene. Ina-pyon made a Freudian slip.  :hurr:

So that's what it means!

I'm done with episode 3, now waiting patiently for episode 4. 

I laughed so hard at the drinking gathering scene. Ina-pyon made a Freudian slip.  :hurr:

I liked drunk Ina-pyon. I wonder if the chief will use that picture against them at some point... :hurr:

Another really good episode. I like that they're keeping with the main story while delving in to each character's background. The teaser for this next week's episode has me wishing it was up already.

I liked drunk Ina-pyon. I wonder if the chief will use that picture against them at some point... :hurr:

Another really good episode. I like that they're keeping with the main story while delving in to each character's background. The teaser for this next week's episode has me wishing it was up already.

I like drunk Ina-pyon too! The complete opposite from her usual headstrong personality!

I think the chief has the tendency to do that.   

I'm excited for the next episode! Especially interested at Sorai's reaction when Ina-pyon's friend told him that Fujieda and Inaba were dating.  :happy:

I like drunk Ina-pyon too! The complete opposite from her usual headstrong personality!

I think the chief has the tendency to do that.   

I'm excited for the next episode! Especially interested at Sorai's reaction when Ina-pyon's friend told him that Fujieda and Inaba were dating.  :happy:

It's obvious they like each other. :chu: Or at least that Rika likes him.

tumblr_mlo6z8G21L1qceroko3_500.gif

tumblr_mm3fxorWYb1qceroko3_500.gif

Loving the orchestral version of Contrail that plays through parts of the episode as well. Really pretty. <3

I see a lot of CM for this movie back then.

is it good? i think im going to give it a chance

Yes, it's very good. The cast has good chemistry and the story is fresh compared to what's normally on TV. It's got really good laugh out loud moments and it's touching at the same time. I reccommend it. :ilikeit:

she obviously likes him that's why she gets so flustered when she thinks he's asking her out or hitting on her. Him though, not sure. He seems kinda neutral and oblivious to it all. The usual drama stuff of course.

gonna wait till tomorrow to watch ep 3.

Watch it ulduntz. It's good, funny, and different from other dramas while still having some of the usual drama stuff. And Gakky is eye candy for me and Ayano is eye candy for all of you ladies.

Yeah; though I think he also likes her... he just doesn't know it yet. He seemed like a guy who's oblivious to anything romantic. 

Watch it ulduntz. It's good stuff.

chief's wedding speech :sad:

chief's wedding speech :sad:

It was beautiful :sad: I think it helped the father understand a little better about his daughter's choice to marry a pilot, too.

I agree. T__T

He's good with his words but I think, that speech is from the bottom of his heart

Putting my thoughts under spoilers in case you haven't finished the episode yet. :smile:

With this episode delving into Yuzuki's past and the hardships that women face being in a job field that's dominated by men, they were going into sensitive territory. But the writers and actors handled the subject very tastefully, I thought. It would have been very easy for it to go the other direction. The scene between the young female student and Yuzuki towards the end was touching.

I'm glad they fleshed out Yuzuki's character from just the "old-man woman" and gave a meaningful reason as to why she is the way she is. I was nervous she'd just be another stereotype.

Once again there were some very cute moments between the rest of the characters. Sorai is very thoughtful towards Rika and her feelings, which is sweet (but I think he's still oblivious to his own). :chu:

Excited for next week  :ahmagah:  

watched ep 4 today!

haha the goukon :lol:

that guy was trying so hard to get attention and failing. And Inapyon watching Sorai and her coworker pretty closely while they were talking :hurr:

Sorai's side of the relationship seems to be building since he was a little sad when he saw her eating lunch with a male coworker. Inapyon is still trying to fight/deny it. Reminding me of her other drama Zenkai Girl, where they were too stupid to admit it until the very end.

The problem with that funny guy at the goukon is he's trying so hard not to be himself. XD

And lol at Sorai. He's so shy / inexperienced in the ways of love that he probably doesn't know his true feelings for Ina-pyon... yet.

He's also so cute when he was asking Inaba for a date at the..... National Defense Academy of Japan. :lol:  

Are Japanese boys really that shy? :raep: 

Yuzuki's moment with the female student is touching. I like how she has inspired her to do better. *o*

So excited for the next episode!! Inapyon's announcer friend is gonna have a man to man talk with Sorai.  :ahmagah:

Watch it ulduntz. It's good, funny, and different from other dramas while still having some of the usual drama stuff. And Gakky is eye candy for me and Ayano is eye candy for all of you ladies.

on my list already! I just watched until episode 3! gonna watch ep 4 later.

this is probably my #1 drama so far this year. ayano go is so underrated

and you are a guy ti-mo? i thought you were a girl!

on my list already! I just watched until episode 3! gonna watch ep 4 later.

this is probably my #1 drama so far this year. ayano go is so underrated

and you are a guy ti-mo? i thought you were a girl!

can't a guy enjoy watching dramas in peace :lol:

Episode 5 is out! http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/soratobu-kouhoushitsu-episode-5/

EDIT:

The episode was worth the wait! I think this one is my favorite so far.

Sorai and Ina-pyon make a great team. They're so sneaky (the bar scene). :har:  The beginning really had me going for a minute and then that happened. XD I wish Sorai would choose his words carefully, though.

But the end.... :sad:

Done with Ep5

Yuzuki had been very stubborn this episode. Not wanting to budge with the issue with Major Maki. but it went well in the end. I'm glad that she now has closure with that officer from the Air Defense Missile Group. 

Sorai-kun is jealous of Inapyon's announcer friend and it shows. As usual, I really like their moments together. It's sweet and I feel like they learn a lot from each other's perspective. 

It's just in passing, but I like how they've also made a turnaround in that reporter/cameraman scene.

At first, the mean reporter pushed Ina-pyon's cameraman (who's about to get in the first line of the media line for the coverage) behind so he could get a better view. Fortunately for Ina-pyon's cameraman, the media coverage got delayed. In the short press conference with Yuzuki-san, that mean reporter tried to be taunt her with more questions about the missiles and their safety. Anyway, Ina-pyon saves the day and made the mean reporter look ignorant. In the end, Ina-pyon's cameraman got the last laugh and did what the mean reporter did to him in the first meeting that all the mean reporter could say is 'sorry'. 

The ending made me go WTF though. Ina-pyon courageously asked Sorai out but he flat-out rejected her. 

I wonder if his answer has something to do with his false belief that Inapyon is dating the announcer guy.... though his rationale about the ideal person to date also makes sense.

^

Yeah, I think it's a bit of both. He's afraid he'll get hurt by Rika, so he's using the "ideal woman" thing as an excuse to reject her. Maybe something happened in the past with another woman that made him feel that way? Other than his time as a pilot, we don't know much about him.

He was so cute when the manga author (or was it her editor/assistant) wanted the matching pen that he shared with Rika.  :hurr: The guys in the office would never let it go if they knew he liked her~ (Or do they already know? :lol:).

^

Maybe. He does seem mysterious about his past but judging from what I've seen so far, he seemed inexperienced in the ways of love. So I doubt there's a past woman involved. But that could also be possible. 

Oh yes!!! I actually thought that he had given the pen to the manga author. haha! 

But he didn't and that's one indication that the pen is important to him and I would like to link that to his relationship with Rika. 

I think some of the guys in the department already knew that Sorai likes Ina-pyon but is still keeping mum about it. hahaha. 

His direct superior (the captain who's unlucky in love) doesn't know though; the guy is also like Sorai, in a way. The showy type of Sorai.